Username Post: Has anyone here sold Avon?        (Topic#1582909)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

I'm unemployed and looking for some side income until I find a job and then for extra after. Has anyone here ever sold Avon?

I made the mistake of trying Mary Kay and they wanted a lot of money to 'invest' and I don't want that same harrassment again.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Just G

I did for 5 years. Was in Presidents Club for 3 of them. Have 3 daughters... so the profits paid for their "wants". My middle daughter is now selling Scentey and loving it.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-04-12 02:27 PM
In response to Aitch41

I sold Avon a few years ago. Definitely didn't get "rich" doing it, but it was a fun experience. I eventually quit because it was a "2nd job" to me and I already worked full time. What drew me to them was that I actually use a few of their products and it is only like $20 for your starter kit. The more you sell, the bigger % you make.

Good luck! I honestly didn't have a hard time selling stuff. People seem to genuinely like Avon and things they could get.

One bit of advice though...I HATE sales with a passion. I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to buy something from me to just "help out." I have a hard time asking people for things.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LeeLo

I miss the old "Avon Calling" days. WHen I moved into my house in California in 1971 the Avon lady was one of the first people to ring my doorbell. I bought a lot from her and we became good friends.

Wish they still sold door to door - I enjoyed sitting on the couch with the Avon lady and looking at the samples.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

My daughter sold,,,,

she said it wasn't really worth it,,,,,they gave a larger percentage for the first month or so, and then dropped it after that,,,of course, you could earn a higher percentage,,,,but that's not easy,,,,

you also have to buy your books, your bags, etc,,,,and she gave away a lot of books,,,,,,with no sales from many of them,,,,

It might depend on how motivated you are, though.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

It seems like it would be hard work. People leave catalogs everywhere but I'm not inclined to just order from the Avon catalog. It was the personal one-on-one that sold me.

When my representative brought the Cape Cod glassware sample I just had to have every piece they made. I never would have ordered it otherwise.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics