Username Post: how often do you workout a week?        (Topic#1583455)
_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

I was talking with some friends and we were talking about different things, when we got to the topic of working out and exercising. They seemed suprised that I aim to work out 4-5 days a week, 45 minutes a session (or longer if my schedule allows it). granted, these aren't fancy or complicated things i do. i go for a run or jog around the neighborhood, or pop in a cardio/toning workout dvd. still, i have to admit i was puzzled by their surprise. one was so surprised, she looked at me strange and said "wow, that seems like a lot...wish i could find the time." my honey has joked with me saying i should slow done, but he's a guy who has never got why i might run for fun lol. granted i know not every single person works out...but i kinda assumed that most people did regular exercise on a regular basis. which brings me to the question, how often do you workout a week and for how long? tia

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I don't and need to. My goal for the new year will be improving my health.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Karen B

I joined a gym and got a personal trainer back in August, after a bunch of factors came together that kicked my butt into gear. I work out 4-5 days a week, for 1-1.5 hours at a time. Each workout consists of weight training and cardio. I've lost 2 dress sizes - from an 18W to a 14. Before August, though, I was a couch potato and rarely did much in the way of working out or even mild exercise. I think you have to be pretty motivated to keep up a 4-5 day gym/workout schedule, though, and I'm not really surprised when people are shocked at the time I dedicate to it. Everyone's schedules are so busy now, it's hard to make the time. For some people, it's hard to make themselves a priority when they have families and only limited hours in the day. It took me a long time to get to the point where I made exercising a priority, and like I said, several factors had to come together first before I found the motivation and dedication.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to siameseplease

Work out? Exercise? Those are bad wors in my house.

Inthe summer, I walk with my DD in a stroller a few miles a day. Other than that? Thank God I have a great metabolism!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Seaexplore

I run and lift weights, 5 days a week. Going on 10 years. I train for a half marathon once a year. I don't have any close friends or family that are athletes. I'm in my own little, one-person club.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to runzalot81

thanks for the input so far. some friends have asked if they could join me on a run, if they could pick the scenery. they picked the beach...fine by me as long as they don't stop at the ben & jerry's afer the run. (yes, i've had a previous workout buddy do that ) they want to start after the new year. some company again could be nice.

AvrilBD
Idol
AvrilBD
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Until my separation/ divorce almost 3 years ago now, I did very little exercise other than the usual daily things that we working mom's do. I was 156 lbs and a size 8 in most clothing! Since then I run approximately 4 times a week about 7km each time and throw weights and crunches in at night time. I have my 3 children primarily full time as I live in Canada and their dad lives in the USA... there is time for it... you just have to create it! I am now a size 2-3 and 122/123 lbs for about 2.5 years. Have run 3 half marathons and have a 30km race in March of 2013. I make myself do it!! For the most part I eat clean as well... chocolate chips (the baking kind) and white wine on occasion are my downfall!!

Edited by AvrilBD on 12-26-12 09:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to AvrilBD

Since quitting boot camp in July, not near enough. I managed 30 whopping minutes last week and nothing so far this week.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SoonerT

3-5 times a week (1-2 hour class each day).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics