Username Post: Shoe Suggestions Needed        (Topic#1583777)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I am looking for some new shoes.....something along the lines of these..... http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-skechers-mohaw k-field... or these..... http://www.footsmart.com/P-Clarks-Bendables-Wo mens-Sixt... or something nicely casual. I want them for town & work.

However, here's the problem. I have a long wide foot. I've always wore a 10, but the older I get, a size 11 feels a lot better, and then I have to have a wide. I have bunions and now, I'm guessing I have plantar fasciatis (sp??). I have such a hard time finding comfy shoes, so I'm pretty much miserable in most shoes I know.

I have a doctor's appt. next week, and I know he's going to tell me to wear good shoes. Do you have a favorite brand of casual shoe that you could recommend? They don't have to be the prettiest (I'm old enough now that I'm going for comfort over fashion!) but I would like them to be decent enough for work and things like that.

Edited by flintridgescrapper on 01-02-13 09:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to flintridgescrapper

I have plantars facitis (or however you spell it) and I get sketchers. They have many different styles, and I get a decent price at Bealls (but they are a florida store) for about 60 bucks. Love them,,,,,,,comfortable, sturdy, and they hold up well,,,,,

I wear a size 10-11 as well, and have the opposite problem,,,,,,,,an extremely narrow foot. I do know they have a ton of different widths.

You might also try going somewhere to have your foot fit. Naturalizer is great for this. The shoes aren't cheap, but they are wonderful. I've owned several pair of them as well.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to CommaHolly

I couldn't get the link to work, but do you have a SAS store (San Antonio Shoes) near you? I use them for my casual-dress work shoes and they are awesome. They resolved a lot of hip and back issues for me. They were expensive, but I am still using the pair that I bought several years ago.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

Oops...sorry. I fixed the links.

Thanks, ladies, for your suggestions. I'll check both of them out.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-02-13 09:57 PM

Clarks and RYKA are my favorites. The RYKA are available on QVC and they carry wide. They are a company of all women that only make women's shoes. Clark's Privo are also a favorite. Very well padded, but pricey. They also sell Clark's on QVC. I get alot of my shoes from them.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B

I've had what I think was plantar fasciitis (self diagnosis, didn't see a doctor for it). I also have a wide foot, although I usually wear about an 8 1/2 wide. Dansko (and sometimes Sanita, who used to manufacture for them) fit me well and have excellent support in just the right spot. Dansko has an orthopedic seal of approval. When I got my first pair of Dansko shoes, I went from hobbling in pain when I first got out of bed in the morning (it tends to loosen up throughout the day) to a 90% reduction in pain by the end of the next day even though I'd been on my feet all day! I rarely have problems anymore. Most styles run about $120. They use European sizing, so instead of an 11, you're probably around a 41. Some styles are available in wide, but they run wider than most brands so you may not need a wide. Some of the styles are handmade, so if you try them on and they don't fit, ask if the store has any other pairs your size. Once you are familiar with how certain styles fit, you may be able to buy them off EBay for about half price, but it's a gamble on the fit. Once or twice I've ordered through EBay and gotten a pair that ran narrower than they usually do. http://dansko.com/ shows their styles and there's links to stores that sell them. I've gotten their Professional series (popular with doctors and nurses on their feet all day) and Maryjanes most often. Their only style I bought and didn't like was Pippa. It's soft stuff sort of like Crocs, but cute. However, they didn't hold up well at all, unlike any other Dansko I've had.

I see you linked a pair of Clark's. I just wore out my first pair and they fit me well with the arch in the right spot, too.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Karen B

11s are 42s in Euro sizing.

Footprints by Birkenstock makes nice shoes, but they're expensive as all get out; they also last forever it seems. Check out Shoebuy.com... they offer free shipping both ways, frequently have sales and you can get tons of different brands from them.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to moxiegirl23

My sister has plantars facitis (sp?!) and she swears by Worx shoes. She's on her feet all day and says they're the most comfortable shoes she has tried.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B

I went by Dansko's chart. http://dansko.com/Size%20Charts/

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to Karen B

I wear Easy Spirit "Traveltimes" I can't tie shoes any longer and these are comfy and look nice. I have Rheumatoid Disease and my feet are severely imvolved so comfort is essential. As of the past 3 years these are the only shoes I can wear.

I can wear them with or without socks and they are actually warm enough for winter down to about 20 degrees.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Karen B

• Karen B Said:
I went by Dansko's chart. http://dansko.com/Size%20Charts/

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I went by what I wear.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B

Kathy, I googled the brand you mentioned and I like the sneaker looking ones. Can you find them often at a big chain store I might have locally? My back is stiff in the mornings and I prefer slip-on shoes, too.

I happened across them at this site on sale for only $29.99 for some of the styles. http://www.easyspirit.com/Traveltime-Family/288 1147,def...

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to Karen B

I get mine at "the Shoe Dept" they have a good selection, I get the kids shoes there always.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

Thanks, Kathy. The closest one looks to be a couple hours from here, but I'll see if I can find them somewhere closer.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Karen B

Ladies, thanks for all these suggestions. There has been several that I really like. I'm still weighing my options (and my bank account, LOL!)

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Ladies, thanks for all these suggestions. There has been several that I really like. I'm still weighing my options (and my bank account, LOL!)

Judy, I have a Clark's outlet here in my town, I believe they are a local product as the factory and GIANT new warehouse is here also. If you decide on a Clark's shoe, let me know what kind, and I'll gladly check the outlet for them to see if they're any cheaper.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to ScrappyMama6

Teresa, you are an angel! Thank you so much, and I will let you know if I decide on Clark's.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics