Username Post: Just heard that both All My Children and One Life to Live are coming back        (Topic#1583911)
SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants

Just heard that both All My Children and One Life to Live will begin production in February. They were purchased by a company called Prospect Park that will have the shows online. I'm not sure when they will start airing the shows - need to look into that. I did read that a few of the AMC actors have already signed on to return.

Should be exciting - I know that I have missed AMC.
Can't wait to hear more about their return!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SmartyPants

I always watched all my children and One Life to Live - both when they first came on the air. However, later in life I worked full time and quit watching them.

The last time I tried to watch on it made no sense to me at all.

However, if they start again I may try to watch it online. I loved all the Vicki/Nicki Smith stuff and all the fun with Erica.

But before Hulu or a way to tape it every day )before VCRs) and I had to work every day I just fell out of the loop.

Agnes Nixon was great at writing soaps!

Are the characters that played Phoebe Tyler and Mona Cain (Erica's mother) and Charles Tyler - the really old timers - are they still around.

I know the one who played Dorian Lord is still around (or was a while back, I saw her in something).

Tina Lord is now on the show with Regis and everytime I see her I think of her days on One Life to Live. Kelly Rippa - was drawing a blank on her name.

Of course I've been around so long I still remember Richard Simmons and Demi Moore on General Hospital where they both got their starts and when Elizabeth Taylor was in a guest position on a thread they did once. Also Rick Sprinfield as Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital.

And I think I remember Tommy Lee Jones on One Life to Live.

And I loved Richard Dean Anderson on General Hospital but he was great as McGyver too!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Henri Jean

i loved One Life to Live but stopped watching it years ago because it was the same ******** over and over just switching plot lines between characters.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Just G

I loved OLTL, but got behind and then heard they were going off the air, so I didn't bother catching up,,,,if they start again, I'll be sure to watch it!

ebonysmith19
Tenant
ebonysmith19
In response to CommaHolly

Oh I really hope this is true!!! I had been watching both soaps nearly 20 years before they went off the air! I was so upset when they were cancelled:-( To this day I still really miss them and sometimes watch old episodes on YouTube. Please keep me posted on this and thanks for sharing!!:-)

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to ebonysmith19

when I hear of more information I will be sure to post. I follow Cameron Mattison on facebook. (former AMC - Ryan Lavery). He is the one that posted about the restart of AMC!!

I do miss the shows too - I started out watching all 3 ABC soaps when I was in 6th grade with my older sister. That was the time of Luke and Laura, Blackie, and all of them - loved Tristen Rogers!!

Over the years I stayed with AMC.

Can't wait to hear more about!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SmartyPants

I was one of the early ones too - I loved the Luke and Laura saga. In the early tv soap days ABC really had a big line-up.

Ryan's Hope (how I loved that) at 11:30, then Love Is a Many SPlendored THing followed by All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. I loved all 5 of the ABC soaps back then.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics