Username Post: ok ladys, HOW do you do it??        (Topic#1584043)
wilmavoermans
Expert
wilmavoermans

I am into scrapbooking for about half a year now, and totally addicted. I look everywhere , have to learn how everything works in scrapbookingland.I just dont understand how a lot of the good scrapbookers manage to be the perfect mum , with the perfect children, visit every blog and have a super blog of them selve with challenges and the newest things, being on design teams, making the most gorgeous pictures and stunning layouts, about 5 to 10 a month.Looking good, with perfect nails without ink on it.Super decorated houses with organised scrapspaces. Just tell me HOW DO YOU DO IT??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to wilmavoermans

are you sure they do? LOL.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to CommaHolly

I'd say it's "selective sharing" lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tina scraps

hired help and no full time job??

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Perhaps YOU'RE drinking too much wine while browsing blogs and beating yourself up! LOL!

NO ONE has it perfect.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappyMama6

Some of us are retired and don't have anything else to do, although my work is very simple paper, photos and glue - there are some fabulous scrapbook artists here.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• wilmavoermans Said:
I am into scrapbooking for about half a year now, and totally addicted. I look everywhere , have to learn how everything works in scrapbookingland.I just dont understand how a lot of the good scrapbookers manage to be the perfect mum , with the perfect children, visit every blog and have a super blog of them selve with challenges and the newest things, being on design teams, making the most gorgeous pictures and stunning layouts, about 5 to 10 a month.Looking good, with perfect nails without ink on it.Super decorated houses with organised scrapspaces. Just tell me HOW DO YOU DO IT??

I once knew a woman who was a regular cropper at my LSS. She fit this description. She was quite the *ahem*, witch. I have always wondered how she did it all, but looks can be very deceiving. I'm sure a lot of it, in her case, was just for "show." I wonder if she was even happy at all.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Luvmyfam

I am of the opinion that they DO NOT do it!! LOL

No one is perfect.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Manda_K

I once read a quote "do not compare your real life to someone else's "highlight" reel"

So true!
What you think their life is, isn't necessarily what it is.

Edited by Doreena on 01-11-13 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I once read a quote "do not compare your real life to someone else's "highlight" reel"

So true!

this

(I'm also guessing they do not work full-time outside the home)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

So true!

Awesome quote!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I'd say it's "selective sharing" lol

I could do all that... with a good camera LOL

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

My first thoughts are
- they get help (example: hubby helped build that scrap room)
- they are super organized, focused, and have streamlined the process
- they make quick decisions (example: they don’t fret over finding the perfect stamp, etc.)
- they live with what they got and “make it work”. No running out to multiple stores looking for a certain paper, ribbon, marker. They use what they have printed out and live with it. no “re-dos” for them!
- they stick by their decision! no “re-dos” for them!
- they buy in multiples and buy extras. They never run out of anything. They get photos printed in LARGE batches by someone else.
- they have a LARGE $$$ budget. So in addition to having lots of supplies they can attend crops, classes, etc.
- they have learned how to “knock projects out”; quick decisions, whenever possible coupling like activities (example doing ALL of the inking at the same time), etc. No "mulling things over" for hours or days.
- they can adapt someone else’s creative ideas with just enough of a twist to make it their own
- they have developed good scrapbooking habits. Examples: they can eyeball cutting a mat the first time. They can quickly apply glue accurately

- THEY CAN LET IT GO! Do it and it's done. The rest of us fret, re-do, reposition, try another color, print out another size photo, research titles, write journaling over & over & over, stamp & stamp until it is perfect.

Diva
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I don't fit your description of the perfect scrapper. ...but I love every minute of it!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

• CommaHolly Said:
are you sure they do? LOL.

Good point.

I have wondered and have come to the conclusion that if they can do all that , they must not sleep.

wilmavoermans
Expert
wilmavoermans
In response to SoonerT

Thanks ladys, a lot of good ideas I got here!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics