Username Post: Does this happen to you too? Lost things?        (Topic#1589445)
catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

I guess I feel the need to know I am not the only one who misplaces things on a regular basis. It happens daily for me and I get frustrated when I can't find something important...and I just had it a half an our ago! I misplace scrap supplies, paperwork, tape. I have been told by a friend that I am getting old, but this losing stuff has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I have read of things like Rosemary herb can help a person's memory and I do use and eat that. I have also checked out pills to help the memory but for $40 dollars a month that is just too much for my pocket book!
Please tell me if you lose things and how is your memory? What do you do about it if anything?
Thanks for any responses and hopefully we can all remember everything

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to catzscrapper

The question is: is that a memory problem or inattention/distraction? They are two very different things. I used to work in neuropsychology and often, we'd have patients come in with that complaint (so you are not alone). A majority of the time, it was actually an attention issue, where they'd get distracted. If you don't pay attention to where you put something, you won't remember where it is. LOL.

What might help is to have specific places where things go in your home, and make an effort to always return things to those places.

After my husband died and I was a hot mess, not paying attention to anything because my brain was obviously in other places, I misplaced stuff constantly. I remember how frustrating it was and feel for you!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to catzscrapper

The question is: is that a memory problem or inattention/distraction? They are two very different things. I used to work in neuropsychology and often, we'd have patients come in with that complaint (so you are not alone). A majority of the time, it was actually an attention issue, where they'd get distracted. If you don't pay attention to where you put something, you won't remember where it is. LOL.

What might help is to have specific places where things go in your home, and make an effort to always return things to those places.

After my husband died and I was a hot mess, not paying attention to anything because my brain was obviously in other places, I misplaced stuff constantly. I remember how frustrating it was and feel for you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics