Username Post: newbie needs HELP!        (Topic#1508003)
jcuzzort
Resident
jcuzzort

I have finally decided to try stamping and am quite clueless. I got a stamp set today and some SEI ink and some Colorbox ink. I also have the pens to color the stamps. How do I get an even ink coverage? It is gloppy in some places and thin in others!

HELP!!!!!

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to jcuzzort

What type of stamps are they? Acrylic or rubber? More solid images or line art? One thing that helps me ink up more solid images evenly (this is wood-mounted rubber stamps) is to lay them on the table rubber side up and tap the ink pad onto the stamp. I can look and see how much ink is going on, and go back over it to add or even out the ink.

When you stamp, press straight down firmly and hold for a couple seconds so all the ink transfers to the paper, then pull straight back up. If you are using clear stamps, sometimes it helps to use a mousepad, magazine, etc. under your paper to make a better impression.

jcuzzort
Resident
jcuzzort
In response to GreenDragonLady

THanks for the tips. I'll give them a try. I have some acrylic stamps that I've never been brave enought to use. This morning I bought some rubber stamps and those are the ones that I was having problems with. My stamp pad is smaller than my stamp so I have to move it around. Maybe that is my problem.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to jcuzzort

Definitely inking it rubber-side up will help, because you can see where you're inking.

Good luck!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics