Username Post: envelopes for funky shaped cards        (Topic#1564013)
madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I love all the cards that have fun folds and shapes (especially the ones that I see on the card of the week threads), but I NEVER make them, because I have no idea what to do about the envelope ...

so what do the rest of you do with a card in the shape of a Christmas tree or a flower pot or a circle? do you just give them without an envelope? or is there some way of making envelopes to match all those fun, NOT rectangular cards?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

I just make a rectangular (or square) envelope that is close in size to the card.

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to madmatter

The majority of The Card of the Week cards will fit in size A2 or A4 envelopes.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to krazy4kardz

ok ... I kind of feel like an idiot now ... I was thinking I needed an envelope that matched the card ...

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to madmatter

I have C6 & larger envelopes. If they're too big, I fold them down and use double sided tape to secure them once the card is inside. Most of my cards are "irregular in size" if not in shape. I also have to use more than one postage stamp for most of my cards :-)

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Christine19850

where do all of you buy your envelopes?

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to madmatter

I buy them at office supply stores or make them myself out of printer paper.
http://www.craftbits.com/project/make-your-own -envelope

Hayles98
Veteran
Hayles98
In response to catzscrapper

I use the stampin up envelopes and depending on what size your "funky card" is it may or may not fit, usally these will suite my ones...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Hayles98

I buy the invitation sized at WM,,,,,,,they fit both A2 and A6 cards,,,,,,which is why I like them,,,and they are cheap,,,,like 4 bucks for 50.

or I make my own if I need a different size,,,,

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to madmatter

I've designed my own templates out of cardboard boxes and use them. My templates have matching gussets so that I can make deep dimensional cards and still give them/post them. Really easy and cheap to do and they look great when using co-ordinating papers to match the card.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to madmatter

I may have a better answer for you. I have had the same question and could never find an answer. I saw this thread and thought YES! Finally an answer. Well, these answers were good but not exactly what I was looking for, so I kept looking.

I found two videos on You Tube that were more like what I wanted. I am about to make a non-traditional sized card with chunky embellishments and I need to find how to make a unique sized envelope. Try these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6LY_DKGA8&a mp;feature=...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V91IMCHzE1w&a mp;feature=...

I saved them to my you tube account because I know I will have to reference them again.

Hope this helps!

TFC

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics