Username Post: conditioning and inks        (Topic#1565111)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

hi guys and gals has anyone heard or use "Ink it Up!" ink? if so plz tell me which stamps are best with these also, anybody got tips on conditioning clear and/or cling mount cheapie stamps? thnx

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Lots of people LOVE the cheapie cling mount stamps. I have some and they are good, for me I don't buy a stamp unless I see a set or one I don't have and NEED to get it. I probly have 4000 stamps, never counted, but $ is tight so even $1 can be an issue sometimes
I have never used "Ink It Up" so can't help there.

vanessa.S
Resident
vanessa.S
In response to catzscrapper

I use Ink it up for embossing.

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to vanessa.S

i have copper ink it up and i like it just fine. i bought it at a clearance store and it gives pretty results with a warm shimmer. i don't have experience with any other IIU colors.

look on youtube for "everyday scrapper" - she has a good video on conditioning clear stamps. when i come home with new stamps, first thing i do is scuff them lightly with a plain white (or pink) eraser. i got mine from michael's but any eraser would work. you can also use very fine sanding block but i love the way an eraser works, and i know it's gentle. when you're done, you can tell because it leaves just that - a bit of a scuffed finish on the raised surfaces of the stamps. then take a soft toothbrush and some gentle liquid soap and gently wash the stamp(s), and rinse them in hot water and let them air dry - they'll be all ready to use.

if you ink up a stamp you've conditioned and you're not satisfied with the way it's holding the ink, hit it again with the eraser, or go lightly across it with a very fine sandpaper/sanding block/nail file - very gently - then wash as above.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to msdixie

thank you

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics