Username Post: SCORE~~        (Topic#1566593)
catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

Yesterday at an odd garage sale I got a box of alphabet rubber stamps for $10...there ended up being like 245 stamps in there and about 12 foam stamps the guy threw in. The actual sets were 4 complete sets of stained but very useable alpha sets and 16-2 sets of 8 picture designs- butterflies, water cans for garden, flowers... It was such a good deal!! And when I told BF about it, he goes "Here, go give him this too" handing me $10 more dollars. So they actually cost $20, but to me still a great deal! I love out of season G-sales! Been freezing temps here but the guy was moving so needed to get rid of stuff to make $ to move. I gave him out phone # too and told him call me if you find more and want to sell them. His daughter is a young ( 9yrs) stamper and beginning scrapper and he is moving near where I live so I told him if she decides she still wants to stamp or have someone to stamp with or scrap, he can call me and I could bring more stamps and we could stamp for a few hours. He was a nice guy who recently lost his wife, so I thought I would offer some help. I like doing stuff with kids, they have new and different ideas!
Any how, watch for G-sales out of season, never know what you might find!!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to catzscrapper

Great deal,,and so nice of you to give him 10 extra bucks.

Tenant
In response to armygirl

That's cool, I've been to a lot of garage sales that have stamping stuff, tell your friends what to watch for and they will phone you when they spot deals too.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Michelle Adams

Great find.

Edited by prittb on 01-01-12 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sharyn01
Tenant
Sharyn01
In response to catzscrapper

I agree with doing things with kids...My granddaughter and I were making Christmas cards this year. She took a piece of fiber and made it look like Christmas lights on a tree. She added nothing to the fiber, just it looked like lights when she used it. I was so impressed. I had that fiber all this time and couldn't figure out what to do with it so while cleaning out some old stuff I gave it to her. She is 9 and comes up with some pretty cool ideas. She sees things differently than I do. I love crafting when she is here because of that reason.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics