Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Does anyone sell stamps?        (Topic#1573023)
ashley_brown
New Kid On the Block
ashley_brown

Not the stamp itself, But Stamp images unto cardstock and sell them?

I like the images, but I can't afford to buy all the stamps. So I was wondering if anyone sold them?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to ashley_brown

I don't think so, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal according to most stamp companies' angel policy.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kelseymel

This is illegal

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Have you considered buying digi stamps?? MUCH cheaper (usually 2-4 dollars per stamp) and can be re-sized for whatever size you need!

(it's also illegal to share/resell digital stamps!)

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

I am sure you could find people who would be willing to trade stamped images. I don't think trading would be illegal. There may be a swap for it already.

I would be interesting in trading stamped images.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to ktmracing

Some companies may allow it, but you would have to contact them to find out.

Here is some info from the swap forum:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15532...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to kelseymel

a Swap with images would be a fun event

ashley_brown
New Kid On the Block
ashley_brown
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Oh it is illegal. I didn't know that.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

It gets pretty complicated with each of the company rules.

Edited by armygirl on 03-31-12 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to armygirl

I have to honestly say, I think a company that doesn't allow swapping images isn't being fair. I understand they need to make money but I see it this way...

If I am in a stamped image swap and get ten images back for example, I may really like one or more of those images so much I will buy the stamp so I am not limited in using it just the one time.

To me a swap is a way companies can gain free exposure.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to ktmracing

Selling handstamped images is allowed by some companies, as long as it is induvidually handstamped, not photocopied. But you do have to check with the company's policy about this. Some allow this and others dont. So make sure to check first!

Me personally, am very much into Magnolia stamps and some of their stamps I do like, but I know I wont use often. I then buy handstamped images. Sometimes I buy an image and then find out I use it more than anticipated. I end up buying the stamp itself anyways.

I feel there is nothing wrong with selling/trading handstamped images, most hardcore stampers want the original stamp/image anyways. And also, when yer swapping, you get known with all the different kind of stamps.... Thats how I feel. Me personally really loathe digi stamps cause I can never get the right ink to print with that doesnt fade into the colour I am using with me pencils or copic markers. So at all times, I prefer handstamped images, whether it is by meself or someone else.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to ktmracing

• ktmracing Said:
I have to honestly say, I think a company that doesn't allow swapping images isn't being fair. I understand they need to make money but I see it this way...

If I am in a stamped image swap and get ten images back for example, I may really like one or more of those images so much I will buy the stamp so I am not limited in using it just the one time.

I agree with this, If I like a stamped image I can ask who makes it and then buy it so I can use it more than once.

New Kid On the Block

You might consider digital images. You can get hundreds of free images online ... just google free digital scrapbooking.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
  • ktmracing Said:

I agree with this, If I like a stamped image I can ask who makes it and then buy it so I can use it more than once.

swapping is also illegal,,,,,,,I understand you see it that way, but the fact remains that it's up to the company or not whether thy want this "free advertising" or not.

when you purchase a stamp, you purchase a LIMITED license,,,,,,the artist retains the RIGHTS to the image itself.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I honestly don't want to be a wet blanket,,,,,,

I just don't want anyone to get in trouble.

People CAN and ARE prosecuted for swapping, selling, trading, conducting swaps, etc.

Is a stamped image worth the legal costs? It wouldn't be for me.

Also, if you ASK, sometimes the artist will say YES. I did ask an artist once for permission to share some digi stamps, and the answer was YES.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Some of the ladies in the swap we are now finishing called up the stamp companies and got the Ok from them to swap as long as we are not selling the stamped image or reproducing it by the hundreds and making money. Each company has its own angel policy. There were also a few companies that said it was not allowed to swap out thier images, But you are allowed to share with others at a crop or at a get together.
It gets pretty complicated with each of the company rules.

The ladies on the swap we are finishing contacted Stampin up, CTMH, Stampabilites, Ek success and a few other Stamp companies and all said we were ok to swap. There were e-mails posted and it was from the companies cutomer service. Megan told us to make sure we got the ok and not to use any company that didn't allow this, she said as long as the companies said it was ok with their Angel Policy, we could go ahead with our swap.

We are not Photo copying or stamping hundreds of images or even making any money off of the image.

It's like if I go to a crop and the lady next to me asks if she can borrow a rubber stamp she likes, I would probably say yes.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to armygirl

The issue was brought up in our swap as to what was considered to be ok and what was illegal,,,For this same reason, a few of the ladies sent out E-mails to the companies to get the OK form them. We didn't start our swap untill we had the OK from the Stamp Companies. Unity stamp company was one that told us it was not OK.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to armygirl

I'd say you were good to go then My post was pretty much for people who had no clue that you needed to ask. You'd be surprised how many people DON'T know that. I wouldn't have known it when I was a newbie, that's for sure!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

In the beginning I didnt know that there were such things as angel policies either. I have learned a few things on this site.

Margie Calenda
Tenant
Margie Calenda

Illegal and highly frowned upon. But you can find some really nice digis for a fraction of the cost of rubber. They're much more versatile too...You can make them any size you want.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics