Username Post: Product recommendations needed!        (Topic#1573577)
Oreety 
New Kid On the Block

I have a few essential tools that I need to purchase and have yet to take the plunge because despite all my researching, I still can't figure out which would be best! Sooo, here are the items and any/all help, comments or suggestions are very much appreciated and strongly encouraged!

1) Looking for long scissors that give clean and accurate cuts. I already purchased Fiskars' "Scissors and more" and the cuts are very jagged, which kills the perfectionist in me! I love my Cutterbee precision scissors and if I could find a longer version, I'd be one very happy stamper!

2) I already own Fiskars' 9' paper trimmer and though I am primarily a cardmaker (with hopes of soon delving into scrapbooking ) I often use 12x12 paper, which means this paper trimmer doesn't cut it (double entendre/pun intended hehe). So, which paper trimmers would you recommend for 12x12 paper that can cut through more than 1 piece of card stock? I don't need it to be easily transported since this one will be for my craft room. Guillotine style any good? So to recap, top priorities for trimmer:
- can accommodate 12x12
- cuts through multiple card stock
-clean and precise cuts
- if it can score, that's a bonus!

Sorry for this long winded post...thanks in advance!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Oreety

I've used a bajillion trimmers, and I love my guillotine for sheer accuracy and most important,,,,,IT HASN'T BROKEN ON ME.

I like the cutterbee's but wish they made a larger scissor too.

I own the Fiskars you have there, and I love them for heavy duty cutting (I really think you could cut up a chicken with these things) but when cutting ribbon,,,,,,,,they snag.

for scissors,,,,,,,I have found my best bet is,,,,,,,,

dollar store scissors.

yep. I buy a new pair every other month or so,,,,,I use the brand new ones for ribbon cutting and then shift them to paper cutting when they get older.

Oreety 
New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks so much! I took the plunge and purchased the Fiskars 12" size, should be getting it early next week!

Tenant
In response to Oreety

Ya, I buy the dollar store scissors too, and if they get gummy from double sided tape I spray on some wd40 and leave them sit over night then just wipe off.
I always wondered if the guillotine cutters were good enough for our paper crafting, thanks for the info!

debt0526
Tenant
debt0526
In response to Oreety

I love the cutter bee scissors and Tim Holtz scissors....

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to debt0526

I have had my Cutter Bees for 8 years. I have kept them free of adhesive and they still work great.

golden1
Resident
golden1
In response to Michelle Adams

your could also rub the blades of the scissors with alcohol wipes or alcohol and cotton balls.
i don't spend a lot on scissors either. the best scissors i have are the ones that come out with school supplies.
  • Michelle Adams Said:
Ya, I buy the dollar store scissors too, and if they get gummy from double sided tape I spray on some wd40 and leave them sit over night then just wipe off.
I always wondered if the guillotine cutters were good enough for our paper crafting, thanks for the info!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to golden1

I use the Titanium Nitride Spring Action scissors by Fiskars. They are VERY sharp and easy on my hands. I alternate between these and Cutterbees.

I've used a variety of paper trimmers and I find that I'm perfectly satisfied with my cheap, 12 inch trimmer by Fiskars. It doesn't have a scoring blade but I use a bone folder along the blade track for scoring.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to runzalot81

I am a big fan of my Fiskars trimmer(s) and their scissors, too. Great products and excellent guarantees and customer service. I bet you are very excited to see your scrapbook.com order arrive.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have a couple of creative memories trimmers and I like them alot. I have a friskars smaller trimmer, but always go back to the creative memories one.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to pwiswell

I love and use my Creative Memories scissors for almost all of my cutting needs ... I have 3 pairs and I've had them forever ... precision scissors only for very intricate cutting

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics