Username Post: help with sizing cards        (Topic#1579759)
craftydr
Resident
craftydr

I need some help in sizing cards. I am new at making them again and I see sizes like A2, A4, etc and I don't know what sizes each of these are.
I know the most popular size is around 4.25" x 5.5", but I don't know which this is in an "A" designation.
Any help in the sizes everyone seem to make in cards would be helpful.
Thank you,
Dorothy Roller

lstory 
Mayor
In response to craftydr

An A2 card is 4.25 x 5.5. That's what lots of people make, probably because that's what you get when you cut a regular letter-sized piece of paper in half.

I happen to think A2s seem kind of small - especially when you compare them to the traditional Hallmark cards you see in the store - although I do make this size occasionally for thank-yous. Most of the time I make my cards 5 x 6.5 for rectangles and 5.5 x 5.5 for squares. I get both out of a 12x12 sheet without too much waste left over. I don't know if those match up to specific coded sizes. You could probably Google the different terms.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to lstory

I know that the Martha Stewart score board has the sizes of cards start and finish on their board. Very handy!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to binkiemonstermom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

I have this bookmarked, because I'm ALWAYS needing to go back and check paper sizes. Check out the envelopes chart too - drool.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to RedSquirrel

GREAT link!!!! TSF!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics