Username Post: Waterproof? Colouring Proof?        (Topic#1580265)
Tenant

I'm confused! I've done a ton of searching and am still confused! I am new to stamping and love being able to colour them with markers, pencils or watercolour paint; but I'm not sure what ink I should be using? I'm currently using VersaColour purely because of the price and not being sure whether I like stamping (which I now know I do), so I'm looking for a waterproof black ink. Will the StazOn Jet Black Solvent one work? Usually it's just cardstock.

Thanks

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to PaperTulip

StazOn would work...the Memento inks also work. I use Memento with both Copic markers and colouring pencils that I blend with odorless white spiritus. For watercolour, you get best results with aquarel papers. As far as I know, both StazOn and Memento work that way aswell. I've tried Memento on aquarel paper in combination with Distress Ink colouring. It didnt run the stamped image. With both inks you really cant go wrong as both leave crisp stamped images. And both sell in different colours too.

Good luck

Expert
In response to TheCharmedOne

I was told by the stamping store..not to use stazon with copics...if that helps

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

that's because copics are alcohol markers, and that will make the stazon run. But she doesn't have alcohol markers, she has water based markers, so she needs a waterproof ink,,,,,,all my water proof inks SAY waterproof.

Tenant
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks, I bought a Momento pad off eBay and got some blendable pastel pencils today I've been playing with digistamps and I love this technique!!

artistatwork
New Kid On the Block
artistatwork
In response to PaperTulip

Watercolor is one of my passions, and I use it often as my medium along with my rubber stamping. I usually use Memories black by Stewart Superior, or StazOn black, Archival black and often India Ink black. Often I stamp on 140# hot press watercolor paper too! Love the look with my rubber stamps.

Diva
In response to artistatwork

Haven't try watercolors in scrapbooking. Great ideas.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to bayamonesa1

I love the Stazon inks for coloring with watercolor pencils. I used the StampinUp basic black ink for many years with no runs but am unsure if they have changed the ink or not. I stocked up and when I ran out could not find a demonstrator to buy from, so stayed with Stazon.
This is going to sound weird but sometimes runs can add to the design, depending on what you are going for

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics