Username Post: Is there a such stamp?        (Topic#1581551)
Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

I am working on a cat scrapbook album and would like to add some texture to make it look like hair. Is there a stamp out there that might do the trick? I keep thinking using a brush or something just to get the textured lines. Not sure where I am going with this thought lol.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Trina_P

I didn't want to read and run, but I haven't seen anything like that! You could try using paint and brushing out white areas maybe? Ink wouldn't be any good. Or you could use white acrylic paint to dry-brush (put a little paint on the brush and then brush most of it off so you only have the brush marks left).

I did a page about visiting Borneo's Kuching, which means "cat city". I sanded cat scratches on the paper by bending it over the edge of the table and sanding it in parallel lines. That was effective. Good luck!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to RedSquirrel

I haven't seen any stamps like that, but according to some other posts on here, there is plenty of FREE cat hair some scrappers can send you!!!!

I can be the first to volunteer!!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

I made my own...I used scraps from some Stampin Up stamps and cut the pieces like shorter hairs, maybe 1/4-1/2 inch each. I used it to finish one of those cat face stamps(with only the eyes, nose and whiskers) and made the fur around the cat's face. I liked how it turned out myself. But I have more of the scraps and if you want some I would mail you some. It is pretty easy cutting with a sharp scissors. I can show a pic of the design after stamping and the stamps themselves if you want. I have done the design with yarn for the hair too and depending on the yarn I use, that turns out cool too.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 10-16-12 06:23 PM
In response to catzscrapper

You can try using flocking to make it fuzzy and soft.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics