Username Post: Recommendations for stamping on plastic treat bags?        (Topic#1583081)
nanatosweetgirls
Veteran
nanatosweetgirls

I was thinking the staz-on cotton white but I see several bad reviews. Any other suggestions. I tried Archival Pigment Ink Pad Brilliance Platinum Planet - It looks nice and stands out but even after an hour of sitting if I touch one a little comes off on my finger.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to nanatosweetgirls

If you're stamping on plastic, you'll want to use Staz-on. Its formula allows it to dry quickly on glossy surfaces, but other inks will not. What color are the bags? Can you use another color besides white?

Diva
In response to Here Kitty

I will go with the Staz-on as well.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to bayamonesa1

third vote for Staz-on. I think the bad reviews are mostly because you need special cleaning to clean off the staz-on ink and it stains worst IMO than other inks. But it will work on just about everything!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

Staz-on vote here too!! I have stamped the little zip bags for treats of beads and it worked well. Just need to allow it to set a minute or 2. If it is warm in your room that helps too. My house is always cold(40's) and I get trouble with things drying sometimes. I have only used black, green, brown and red Staz-on so cannot help with the white.
Depending what you are stamping on, I have used the Brilliance white but had to use my heat gun to set it...I think it may work on plastic if you used the gun to not heat the item but lightly run the hot air over the ink several times, only heating slightly at a time so not to damage the plastic. Just my 2 cents

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to catzscrapper

What is the special cleaner you use for stays on ink?

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to pinkpaperairedale

the cleaner I use is called Permanent Ink Cleaner & Stamp Reconditioner from cistamps.com. It's a 16 oz bottle but costs about $8. Lasts me about a year and a half. I get a brand new kitchen sponge, get it wet then wring it out good. Dampen the sponge with the cleaner and store in a sandwich zip bag. when I need to clean a stamp I grab the bag and clean away. have used this stuff since I first started using Staz-on inks and I love it! but I think Staz-on may make one too.

I got these recipes from eHow.com but have never used them so cannot say how well they do or do not work. I like the one above

mix 2 cups of distilled water with 1tbsp. of Baby Magic baby wash and 2tbsp. of rose water (available at health stores). Blot the stamps with this solution on a clean rag and then dry. Linda says this recipe removes old stains, even from permanent ink.

The next homemade recipe is made with 2 cups of distilled water (do not use tap water or it won't keep very long without becoming stinky), 2tsp. Simple Green cleaner (available at most grocery stores) and 1tsp. glycerin (available at craft stores). Store in an airtight container and you can use this one for a while. The procedure for cleaning the stamps is the same as for recipe one.

A Final Recipe

The Alluring Impressions website (maker of rubber stamps) recommends this recipe for homemade stamp cleaner. In a 4-ounce spray bottle, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup Simple Green cleaner. Mix any other quantity of this cleaner you want, but remember the "two parts water to one part Simple Green" ratio. Spray the cleaner directly onto the stamp and rub the stamp on a soft dry cloth until no more ink comes off the stamp.

Hope these recipes and info help a few people and more Happy Stamping to All and To All a Good Night! Sorry, Had to say it!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
What is the special cleaner you use for stays on ink?

I linked the Staz On cleaner below. Honestly though, I don't use it because it seems to make some stamps un-sticky after a while.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Here Kitty

I use the one mentioned above Stazon cleaner. But it is greasy to me which maybe is why it seems as though your stamps don't stick well after awhile. I always clean it with soap and water after I use stazon and have never had a problem. I think the cleaner is what I don't like about stazon but it does clean all the ink off. Soap and water takes the greasiness off from the cleaner. Then I let the stamp air dry. Kinda a pain to stamp with which is why I don't use stazon for everything, only when I need it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics