Page 1 of 48 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hello! After following the PA post, I realized it was really tough to keep up with the thread being half Eastern and half Western scrappers. Everyone on the PA board is fabulous, but it's just a little tough to discuss local events and relate to topics of LSS and sales when they are 5 hours away. I am hoping this thread help the communication a bit. Maybe someone can start a Western or Central PA thread???

Cheers!

PS - I'm from Montgomery County

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to EverSoClever

I'm all for it (even though I'm so new here!) Thanks for starting this up!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to yankeewifey

Is anyone planning on going to the Scrapbook Convention at the Fort Washington Expo on Sept 15-17?

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

I'm on the boarder of Bucks and Montgomery. I did get info on the Fort Washington Expo but I'll be cropping that Saturday with Family so I can't go

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to ScrappyHappy

After 2 conventions this year... I think DH will appreciate if I pass on this one! I'm looking forward to something next year though. I'm trying to decide between Memories Expo in NJ or the CK event in Valley Forge. Did you'all do either of these??

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

well I made it to that store in Kendig Square today... too awesome! They had some great stuff. I was able to get lots on my shopping list for my secret pals. They had the new Kaleidoscope papers and embellies in and were getting more of the Wild Asparagus. I loved that they had Bazzill and Basic Grey too. Then, after that I hit the Joanns sotre there.. not a huge scrapping selection but they do have the new CK stuff and I got the tote kit with my 40% off coupon. Then I stopped at the Rag Shop on my way home, and got more goodies! It was a good shopping day.. just left me very broke!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to BJscrapsalot

BJ - I read your post as was off to search online for store in Kendig Square when I realized I am supposed to STOP shopping!!!! I just bought two of qvc card sets from e pre-order email I got yesterday and I promised myself that is IT (for a while anyway)

If anyone want's to try and order the card kit NOW - PM me and I can give you the item number and it might let you order it, before it goes on TSV tonight at midnight.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Is anyone going to the Simply Cropping event in Lafayette Hill in October?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am going for the whole weekend. I have been to two of their crops for Saturday only, since it was close to where I live, and they do a good job....... Anyone else going even for part of the weekend?

staciescrap
Resident
staciescrap
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Solly 71

My LSS will be participating at the Scrapbook & Memories Expo in Fort Washington, it is a lot cheaper than a lot of the other expos I have seen. Here is the website with more info www.mancusoshows.com

Stacie

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to staciescrap

Nothin' to say... just wanted to get us back on the front page. LOL! Hope you're havin' a great scrappin' day! (And I cannot wait for the JoAnn's sale---I'm going with friends and making a girl's afternoon of it----No KIDS!)

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue

Hi everyone,
I am in Bucks County!! Just wanted to say hello.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to ScrappySue

not sure if anyone is interested but there's a big Scrapbooking Yard Sale
go to scrapologyonline it will be held at Penn View School Sept 24th their are more details on the website check it out!!

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to ScrappyHappy

Cool!!! I just heard abt something like this being held in MD but didn't get any details. (Nor do I feel like driving that far. Even my scrapbk shopping has its limits ) My mom lives near Reading but my dad works out in that direction. She'll be beyond excited! TFS

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526

Hello!

I live in Bucks County, literally 5 minutes from Philadelphia. I was wondering what everyone's favorite scrapbook store was? There really isn't many near me besides ACMoore, Michael's, and JoAnn's. I've never heard of the one in Kendig Square. I just might take the drive and check it out if it isn't too far...

Also, how many years have you all been scrapbooking? It's about 7 for me, though I've always kept photo albums. I didn't start with the embellishments and get really serious until after I graduated college.

Just wondering. Thought we could find out a little more about each other.

Resident
In response to daisy526

Hello, Daisy- I'm in Bucks County too, right near Philadelphia- not far from the Michael's in Feasterville. There's The Scrapbook Nuk in Fairless Hills (I've only been there once) and one past the Oxford Valley Mall called Your Scrapbook Place or something similar that offeres classes. I've been meaning to get to one with my girlfriend but haven't been able to. I've only been scrapbooking for about a year and a half and not nearly as much as I would like to.
I went to the Scrapbook convention in Valley Forge and am planning on attendind the one in Fort Washington since it's only 15 or 20 minutes from me and they have classes on Thursday. As a matter of fact, I found this thread by typing in "anyone going to scrapbook convention fort washington" hee, hee. Glad I did because now I'll put this thread in my favorites!

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to painthappy

Laura,
Your Scrapbook Place is closing this Saturday. Everything is now 60% off , but the pickins are slim. They still have tons of paper left though and some embellishments. It's worth checking out.

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to ScrappySue

So sad to see another LSS closing... but there's a new one that just opened yesterday in Mountville (outside of Lancaster). It's called custom details (dot net). They aren't real big but they had Bazzill for .50 and Karen Foster and the new MiMi totes. The girls were real nice too but not horribly pushy. I think I'll wait a few weeks before going back (so they can work out the kinks and get the rest of their shipments in and out on the floor.) Worth stopping at if you're in the area!

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526

I think The Scrapbook Nuk closed too. There really aren't many scrapbook stores in our area though Michael's, JoAnn's, and ACMoore carry lots, but do not offer "hot" items like Chatterbox, Basic Grey, etc. I have been to some New Jersey stores.

Sue, I was going to stop in Your Scrapbook Place on Sat. Do they still have a lot of thier textured cardstock left? I think their brand is Natural - a lot like Bazzill. I was primarily going for that. I"m wondering if it is worth it.

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to daisy526

The Scrapbook Nuk is still open. They just moved into a bigger store. They have so much there!! It is much nicer than the smaller store they had before.

They did have the National Cardstock left, but it was not included in the sale!! Let me know if you got there and what you got. Thanks!

Page 1 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics