Page 2 of 48 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
Resident
In response to ScrappySue

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that they are closing! I knew that the Scrapbook Nuk was relocating but haven't been to their new place. I can't wait to check it out.
Is anyone going to the Fort Washington show?

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526
In response to painthappy

ScrappySue, I didn't get to Your Scrapbook Place so I missed out on the big sale.

Where did Scrapbook Nuk relocate?

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to daisy526

That is sad to hear of another LSS closing, I sure hope this isnt the beginning of a trend. I just got a newsletter yesterday from the closest one to me saying that they would like people to pay with cash only to help keep down on the costs.

Also, I had been talking about the LSS in Gettysburg today.. I just got a newsletter from them the other day also, they are having a big sale at their location in town.. 25 % off everything. They dont have the newletter on their site but there is a link to email and request one on their site... http://forevermorescrapbooks.com/index.html

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to BJscrapsalot

Is the Flower and craft Warehouse in Blue Ball, Pa worth visiting when in the Lancasrer area?

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to happy2Bscrapper

happy2Bscrapper
I have been to the Flower and Craft Warehouse and I thought they had some good stuff. I haven't been there since they dedicated 1 room to scrapbooking but from what I've heard its pretty good!!

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to ScrappyHappy

It's not real far from my place and its huge!! 9000 sq feet I think. But they don't have all the latest and greatest. They have tons of albums and paper but they are a little lacking in the embellies. They have lots of stamp and embossing things too. It's worth a trip if you're in the area, though! Have fun!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to yankeewifey

Thanks for the info. Do they carry nice paper? Name brands? I love paper and enjoying buying things that I haven't seen locally....

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

Ummm.... I didn't need paper when I was there so I didn't look too closely. I'm not thinking that they had any name brands at all. (No Bazzill, Daisy D's, Basic Grey, SEI...) But, I'm not positive! Even if the scrapbk section doesn't thrill ya' the rest of the warehouse and the upstairs level gift shop and Christmas sections are packed with cool things! It's a great place to find a unique, but not too pricey gift. I think they might have pics at flowerandcraft dot com.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to yankeewifey

Has anyone been to Kinnon Keepsakes in Allentown??? Reviews?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to EverSoClever

Thanks for the info, I will definitely stop in....

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Kinnon Keepsakes is awesome! Well, at least I think so.

They have quite a few of the names... bazzil, Chatterbox, sei, wild asparagus, etc.... pretty fair selection of MM stuff (embellies and paint). Very friendly folks.

Solly, I see you are from Lansdale... not far from me at all. If you go to Kinnon, I recommend a stop at the Joann's in Quakertown (kinda sorta on the way ) I was just in there for the first time last week and they have an EXCELLENT scrapbooking section. It's a new store (less than 1 year) and even though it doesn't seem to be called a super-Joann's or whatever, it TRULY is!!! The sb section is WAY bigger than other Joann's. The closest Joann's for me is on 63 by the Redner's. It's sb section is maybe 2 aisles. In Quakertown, it's an entire corner of the store!!!

Anyway, I recommend both those store to you and anyone else reading!!
Happy scrapping!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Laurel5280

Thank you SO much for that tip on the Joanns!!! The one in North Wales is awful (imo) for sb stuff and the ones in Plymouth and King of Prussia aren't any better. My friend and will definitely stop in the Quakertown one on the way back.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Solly I've been to Kinnon Keepsakes in Allentown. I'm in their monthly Scrapbooking Book club. Which means I get their at least once a month. I really like the store!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to ScrappyHappy

A friend and I made the trip to Kinnon's and it was 110% worth it. I picked up a lot of embellishments+, checked out several products I wanted to see in person. (Sometimes that makes all the difference in deciding whether you want it or not - seeing what it's like in person nad not just online.) Thier prices were pretty good and I bought a few things I have never seen before, like bookmarks and checkbook covers. My friend loaded up on paper and some qk goosebumps.

We also stopped at the Joann's in Quakertown on the way back and MAN - is that the BEST Joanns for sb stuff within a 30 mile radius! We got tons of stuff on clearance for $1.00 each - Thanks for the tip

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Glad you had fun Solly! And glad I could be of assistance with my tip!

I agree about seeing stuff in person... there's not always a way to tell if something is worth buying when you just see it online.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

So who has been to the expo at Fort Washington? It started yesterday.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ

*waves at Sue!*

Wow, Lansdale, I lived there for most of my life! I'm now in Norristown so that's not too far away.

Umm, there's an expo in Ft. Washington?! Holy c-rap. Maybe I'll stop there tonight...

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to GodrockDJ

Oh PS - My favorite LSS is the one 5 minutes from my house - Scrapbooks 'N Smiles

I checked the website for the expo. Doesn't seem like anything fantastic. I'm going to save my money for the Scrapbooking Yard Sales in Souderton on Sep. 24th!

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to GodrockDJ

Hi Corey!!!

I went to Ft. Washington today. It was nice. Big aisles, not a big crowd!! Very relaxed with lots of goodies. I got some QuicKutz dies which I can't find around here.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to ScrappySue

I stopped by the expo last night too and picked up some QuicKutz items as well. I also bought one bottle of prima flower and a 2 sheets of Rusty Pickle halloween paper. Oh, I also negitiated with one of the vendors for 6 - 6x6 albums so I can start making my Chirstmas gifts. He knocked $1 off each one - nice.

Now I have to to calculate how mush $ I have left for hte "yard sale" next Saturday

Page 2 of 48 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics