Page 2 of 7 
Username Post: NEBRASKA        (Topic#1214306)
Just Peachy
Tenant
Just Peachy
In response to icapturememories

There's got to be more, but who knows where they are at...

Welcome!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Just Peachy

No, No. I know of several NE scrappers, however, most of them think I am obssessed with all the stuff I have. I have tried to get them to the site but they say "not interested". I can't even get my best scrappin' friend to shop for stuff online. Nice to know we're not alone though.

icapturememories
Pro
icapturememories
In response to NoirCat

Well I go through phases and sometimes I am more of a collector of supplies than I am a scrapper!

I think being away from all the LSS and opportunities to run to Walmart on a whim and I might actually use up the supplies I hoard!

Of course before I go I will be shopping like crazy! I have a card half filled for my two favorite places to shop. I told hubby it will be my mission to fill those before we go so I can get my free $20 bucks in supplies! He of course laughed and rolled his eyes. HA HA Laugh now buddy! Wait until you are away at training! LOL

Good thing he loves me....ALOT!

Just Peachy
Tenant
Just Peachy

Have fun stockin' up!

Let us know how the interview, etc. goes...

momma-of-5
Expert
momma-of-5
In response to Just Peachy

there are alot of us here, just getting excited about the game coming up!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Hi!

Where in Nebraska are you moving? I live in Omaha - believe me we are as addicted here as anywhere! Let me know if it is Omaha. I have a good friend who owns a scrap store and we have alot of private crops after hours at her store.

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to Im a Believer

Hello Everyone! I am originally from Nebraska. Lived there my entire life until two years ago when I moved to San Diego. Talk about a big change! Anyway, all my family is still in Nebraska so I go there a lot and would love to meet some other scrappers!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to taeklund

Just checking to see if anyone else is still out there in NE land and scrappin'

momma-of-5
Expert
momma-of-5
In response to NoirCat

yep, we are still here! Football season, things kinda start to slow down a bit. The men are watching the game, and we are doing both scrappin and watchin! Football parties are a blast here!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-24-06 09:10 AM

• Quote:
My mom keeps saying Nebraska has never heard of scrapbooking! But I assure her once I am there they will know ALL about it!

I had to laugh at this, lol! About the only thing to DO in Nebraska is SCRAP! I live close to the Colorado border and we have several scrap stores in and around our rural area AND I know for a fact that there are tons of extremely talented, published scrappers in and around the Lincoln/Omaha area as well as scrap stores!

In fact, there is a huge get together coming up called SILVER BELLA that I wish I could attend but have other stuff going on that weekend!

In any case, scrapbooking is alive and well in Nebraska, lol!

El Kady
Diva
El Kady
In response to GoneFishin

I'm still here and scrapping away. Since my last post I think I've put up over 100 LO's and starting to get into cards. Never did that before. Interesting how NEBRASKA got posted to recent topics. momma of 5 - LOVE your avatar!!

Edited by El Kady on 09-24-06 10:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-30-06 04:39 PM
In response to El Kady

I'm still here and still scrapping! There's just nothing else to do in Nebraska as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a Husker fan so I don't care about it. (I suppose that's sacreligious or something, but hey, that's the way the ball bounces)

I saw a new store in Omaha called Yesterday's something. I have to go up to the oral surgeon near there on Birch so we went the wrong way, and there it was. Didn't go in because I didn't have time. It and Archivers are just too far to travel to on any type of daily basis or weekly.

I've been to the scrapbook store in Gretna. It was pretty good. And the one up near Office Depot on 72nd is new and was okay. Michaels and HL are close enough for me to get to on a daily basis.

El Kady
Diva
El Kady
In response to GrandmaMichelf

The store called Yesterdays is fabulous. They carry some of the best paper around. The only store that I know that carries the Bohemia and Signature lines. Also 7 Gypsies,Renesence, Rusty Pickle , Scenic Route, Basic Grey . Plus they carry all the embellies to go with these papers. It definitely is worth the trip. They only allow credit cards or cash, no checks. Just so you're prepared. Where in Nebraska are you?

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to El Kady

I love Yesterday's Memories. I have a membership there. I will miss it when I move to FL at the end of the year.

momma-of-5
Expert
momma-of-5
In response to NoirCat

I thought that this would liven up the Nebraska thread a little:
Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Nebraska...
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in
Nebraska.
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work
there, you live in Nebraska.
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you
live in Nebraska.
If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with
someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Nebraska.
If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of GRAND ISLAND for the weekend,
you live in Nebraska.
If you measure distance in squares of farm land, you live
in Nebraska.
If you know several people who have hit a cow more than
once, you live in Nebraska.
If you have gone from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you
live in Nebraska.
If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard
without flinching, you live in Nebraska.
If you install security lights on your house and garage,
but leave both unlocked, you live in Nebraska.
If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how
to use them, you live in Nebraska.
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live
in Nebraska.
If the I-80 speed limit is 75 mph -- you're going 90 and everybody is
passing you, you live in Nebraska.
If driving is better in the winter because the potholes
are filled with snow, you live in Nebraska.
If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road
construction, you live in Nebraska.
If you have more hours on your snow blower than miles on
your car, you live in Nebraska.
If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you live in Nebraska.
If you understand these jokes, and forward them to all
your Nebraska friends & others, you actually have lived in Nebraska (Or any
number of other "Upper Midwestern" states).
GO BIG RED!!!

El Kady
Diva
El Kady
In response to momma-of-5

Now how does Foxworthy know so much about Nebraska? This is just too funny but sadly so true. Thanks for the laughs.

momma-of-5
Expert
momma-of-5
In response to El Kady

I just found a new scrapbook store in Hastings, well, it's new to me, don't really know how long it's been there! But, HOLY COW, do they have cool stuff!!!!!
I could easily spend a whole pay check there, and walk away with about 500 bags of stuff!!!
They are so reasonably priced, and the owners are wonderful people!!!!!!
If you are looking for a certain theme, or embellishments to go with something and they don't have it on hand, they get on their computer find it and get it!!!
It's called Scrapbooking Alley, it's downtown Hastings, and worth the trip!!!!

El Kady
Diva
El Kady
In response to momma-of-5

Thanks for the info. I'll be going to Ft. Collins in a couple of weeks. Might just have to take a little detour to Hastings. I know there is a fabulous store in No. Platte and will be visiting there. A clerk at Archivers gave me the heads up on that place.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to El Kady

Just checking to see if Nebraska is still hanging out and chatting on this site.
Hate that flurry action we had today. Only a reminder of snow to come.

El Kady
Diva
El Kady
In response to NoirCat

I put this thread on my favorite topics to keep up but not too much chatting. Winter will soon be upon us and since I retired recently, this will be the first winter I won't have to stick my nose outside my door if I don't want to. Yessssss. Have a great Sunday - hope to get some scrapping done today.

Page 2 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics