Page 1 of 23 
Username Post: West Virginia        (Topic#1337714)
LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

Are there any more West Virginia scrapbookers here? I'm in Monroe County, southern WV.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to LauraRNwv

I actually live in Ohio, but right on the river between the two states. I grew up in Wood/Pleasants Counties.

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to sarahw (willowtree4ever)

So you're about an hour and 1/2 from Charleston, right? I'm about 2 hours from there, down on the southern end of the state.

Tenant
In response to LauraRNwv

I'm halfway between Charleston and Huntington

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to AfterSchoolMom

I was beginning to think I was the only West Virginian here! lol Does anyone go to Scrap Camp in Ripley?

gmajewell
Idol
gmajewell
In response to LauraRNwv

i am from southern tip of wv as well, hey to all you ladies!!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to gmajewell

I am going to something in Ripley in Jan with a friend. I have no clue what it is all about. I just know that it's a hotel and two days long. I have never been to a crop - I have always done my own thing at home. Which will make it really hard to start host in the new year!

I go to Charelstown several times a year. My DH goes to Cross Lanes to the hobby shop. He races 1/10 Scale RC Cars.

Edited by willowtree4ever on 11-29-05 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Sorry about the bad spelling, just goes to show that i really did go to pleasants county schools

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

Scrap Camp in Ripley is a three day event of scrapbooking - classes, contests, crop time. It's held at the Cedar Lakes Conference Center (a beautiful setting). You can stay in either the lodge (hotel) or cabins with a dorm like setting. If you go to www.scrapcamp.com, you can get the idea of what you're getting into! I really enjoyed it, but probably would have enjoyed it more if I had been with a group (I went by myself). I did win a lot of nice freebies while I was there, including a trip to the next Scrap Camp! Be ready for lots of laughter! And whatever the trend in scrapbooking is at the time of camp, be ready to use it cuz it will surely come up sometime at camp.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to LauraRNwv

I wonder if this is what I am going to in January. THe dates are for the weekend of 20th and 21st.

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

The next dates for Scrap Camp are Jan 13-15 at The Manor in Parkersburg, WV and then April 21-23 at Cedar Lakes Conference Center in Ripley, WV. Maybe you're going to one of Michelle McVaney's crops in Parkersburg!

gallegojs
Tenant
gallegojs
In response to LauraRNwv

HELLO ladies!!! I am from Morgantown West Virginia, and I actually have a local meet up group of scrapbookers, there are 24 members so far. We will be having an ALL DAY crop on December 17th Saturday, if any of you are interested please e-mail me, and I can get back to you with website info and details! Jessica
criserjs@yahoo.com

CarolynaGirl
Tenant
CarolynaGirl
In response to gallegojs

Hi, I'm a former WV scrapper. I now live outside Raleigh NC but I'm from Fairmont.

My best friend still lives there and says there is an amazing LSS in Morgantown.

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to CarolynaGirl

I'm so far away from Morgantown!
I have thought about opening my own scrapbook store here and even have the perfect place in mind, but, alas, no funds! Oh well.......

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv
In response to LauraRNwv

New AC Moore store coming to Roanoke, Virginia. That's closer to me than the one in Barboursville, WV. WOOOOHOOOO!!! Now when does it open?

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to LauraRNwv

I have thought about that myself also, but we had one - then she moved - then she closed. So I dont know if it's a good ideal. I think I stay dabbling in MW

Edited by willowtree4ever on 12-07-05 09:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

I wonder if I could make enough money being a representative for any of those scrapbook companies in my area to keep my scrapbooking addiction fed? I wouldn't necessarily have to use their products all the time, just as long as I could buy lots of goodies!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to LauraRNwv

I have just starting selling for MW. I orgianally signed up just to get the %20 off. (if you are a consultant you always get %20 off your order) But I had a freind who wanted to get her two daughters involed. So I placed my first customer order last weekend. I will start working on selling on a more regular basis after the first of the year. It will help with feeding my addicition. I am the only consultant in my area, for my company. I hope to be able to cover the counties in both states. As I live on the border of the two.

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04

Do you guys know where that amazing LSS is in Morgantown? DH is from there and we are spending Christmas there this year with his family. I'd love to check out the store!

LauraRNwv
Veteran
LauraRNwv

There are no Creative Memories consultants anywhere near where I live or where I'm moving to according to their website, but they are soooooo expensive! According to one of the consultants I know in Charlottesville, you have to sell so much every three months in order to keep selling. I don't think I could sell enough in either area to maintain that. What is MW? Memory Works? Does anyone know what other companies there are?

Page 1 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics