Page 5 of 23 
Username Post: West Virginia        (Topic#1337714)
Expert
In response to LauraRNwv

Hello Everyone,

I'm Tammy, I'm from Virginia Beach, VA but born in good ole West Virginia!! I was looking around and saw your posts and thought I would drop in. I was feeling homesick, which I do quite a bit like 10 years worth!! LOL Plus I thought what better way to get rid of being homesick than to talk to other Mountaineers!!
I don't know if I introduced myself before or not, but I will give a little run down. I'm 36, married for almost 10 years and have two boys ages 1 and 7. I love to scrapbook, have been for about a year still somewhat of a newbie. I would love to talk to you all sometime.

Tammy

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to tcunningham

HELLO AND WELCOME, I NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD. I HAVEN'T READ OR POSTED HERE IN OVER A WEEK OR SO. I AM GOING TO MY FIRST CROP IN MORGANTOWN ON SATURDAY AT THE RAMADA, I'M EXCITED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND TO ACTUALLY WORK ON SOME LAYOUTS. I HAVEN'T COMPLETED ONE IN A LONG TIME. I WANT TO CHANGE MY PLAIN, BORING, CLUTTERED STYLE SO I'M BUYING SOME NEW THINGS LTTLE BY LITTLE. I AM ALSO IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING MY OWN SPACE IN OUR FAMILY ROOM DOWNSTAIRS, RIGHT NOW EVERYTHING IS PACKED IN BAGS AND SHOVED SOMEWHERE IN MY BEDROOM. CAN'T USE WHAT I CAN'T SEE. WISH ME LUCK ON GETTING SOME THINGS ORGANIZED FOR THE CROP. DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME OUT.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to SheilaWV

I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that March is National Scrapbooking Month!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to sarahw (willowtree4ever)

I am in embarrassed, national scrapbook month is in May. The activities director at my work said it was this month. I got so excited. SORRY!

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

that's okay, march - may it's all the same.

New Kid On the Block
In response to boyzmom

Hurricane isn't far from me. I work in Charleston at one of the Home Improvement Centers. LOL Hi to you!

maryscraps03
Veteran
maryscraps03
In response to lillyswoman

Where is our WV scrappers??
Hope you all had a good weekend. Went to my friends house Saturday night for a mini crop. didn't get much pages done. I worked on my book of me.

mary

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to maryscraps03

my week end was stressful. we had our dog put down on friday night. she was 11 and had so many things going on it just wasn't fair to let her keep suffering.i didn't get anything scrapbook related done, and as you know the crop was cancelled. i'm going to try and arrange to come to the one on the 18th at the ramada. i have been making plans to turn part of a spare bedroom downstairs into my scrap space, hubby is suppose to get someone to finish the drywall asap. so i'm hoping to get that done in the next month or 2. right now everything is in boxes and bags and totes. i know this is just an excuse but i don't get much done that way. i have to keep searching everytime i want to do a page. this am. i took a notebook and got the few swaps i'm in organized so i know what i have commited myself to. that's going to help, i kept losing my post it notes with what i need to send and who to. now that i have rambled thanks for posting, it would be nice to see this thread pick up. take care

maryscraps03
Veteran
maryscraps03
In response to SheilaWV

so sorry to hear about your dog, Sheila. So rough to lose a pet -they are really part of the family.

Hope to you can make it on the 18th -even if just to hang out and meet some other scrappers. I know its rough to scrap with your stuff packed-I had to do it for a year when we were in the middle of big move. It was a pain.

~mary~

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to maryscraps03

thank you, she was a shih tzu and always had trouble with her ears and her skin and this past year her health really got bad.

my scrapping stuff isn't really packed away that's just how i have it stored (LOL) sometimes i think that's just my excuse as to why i haven't done anything in so long.

New Kid On the Block
In response to SheilaWV

I'm so sorry about your furbaby. My Sheltie passed away last fall and she was 15. It's so heartbreaking to lose a pet since they are our kids. I hope you are holding up okay. I haven't been scrapping much either. My dining room table is filled with it but I've been too busy to sit and work at it. Well off to work now...............another day, another dollar. LOL Sue

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you feel better soon.

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney

Hello to everyone! My name is Michelle McVaney. I have been a member here at Scrapbook.com but haven't had the time to hang out in the forums much. One of my goals for this year is to meet some new scrapping friends...so what better way than hanging out here in the neighborhood!

I was so excited to find this WV thread! I recognize some names from Scrap Camp! Hi Laura!!

I have been married for 10 years...11 in May! I have three beautiful scrapbook subjects ages 10, 7 and soon to be 6. I have been scrapbooking for years and hosting scrapbook retreats almost as long! Scrap Camp in Ripley WV is my baby and my sister and I just opened up a scrapbook retreat studio in Parkersburg a couple of months ago!

Scrapbooking consumes my life sometimes but I love every minute of it! I am excited to get to know ladies better! I am hoping to be able to make it to one of the Morgantown crops someday soon to hang out with you morgantown gals and check out the scrapbook store there too!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mmcvaney

Hi Michelle. Good to see another scrapbooker from WV. You mentioned scrap camps..........How do you all find scrap camps or scrap clubs in your areas? I don't know anyone down here that scraps and I've never been to a class, camp or anything. Love to hear from you all. Sue

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV

if you click on her name it will take you to her "my place" on there she has a few words underlined if you click there it will take you to the site you are asking about. i think (LOL)

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney

I sent you a Pm:)

mmcvaney
Resident
mmcvaney

Scrap Camp is coming up April 21-23.

There are still spots open. Its a great place to meet lots of other WV, OH, PA, IN, KY, VA scrappers!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mmcvaney

Thank you for the info and I would love to go to one of these scrap camps some day but with my job I can't get 3 days off in a row. I work full time so my scrapping is limited. I'd love to know how it went and to see pictures if you take any. Like of the room you all scrap in and stuff like that. Have a ton of fun. Are there teachers that come in and teach new techniques too? Sue

sandyhubbard917
Veteran
sandyhubbard917

Hi there everyone. I am glad that I found this thread. I don't visit here often, but now that I found this, I will!!! Anyway, I am Sandy and live near Charleston. My husband is from here, but we moved away and Hurricane Rita made us come back I have four children, 2 pekingese's and a cat. I have been scrapbooking for 4 years. When we were in TX. I was the scrapbooking instructor at Micheal's. I am also and I am also an Indepedent Scrapbooking Instructor for I Remember When and love what I do. If anyone wants a new catalog, just e-mail me

I can't wait to get to know everyone!!!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to sandyhubbard917

Welcome aboard!

Page 5 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics