Username Post: West Virginia        (Topic#1337714)
maryscraps03
Veteran
maryscraps03
In response to SheilaWV

• SheilaWV Said:
bye mary sorry, we didn't get to meet. good luck with everything. thanks for letting me know about the morgantown scrappers. i'm finally going to meet some in person today. we did a small recipe swap and they are cropping today so i'm stopping by to swap mine out. take care

so did you go to the crop?? glad I was able to tell you about the group.

mary

SheilaWV
Mayor
SheilaWV
In response to maryscraps03

i could only stop for a few minutes but i did meet jessica, connie, tonya and litha! connie's twins and my twins are almost the same age and our sons are to and lith has twins so we talked for a few minutes. i'm hoping to go on the 8th of july and actually crop.

hope our move went smoothly! take care

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

WOW! Thats a pretty area- my dh's dad and stepmom live in Simpsonville.....I love it there---

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll

Hey everyone... I'm Jennifer, (newbie to the board). I live near Charleston... Hope to get to know some of you better!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou
In response to Jleighroll

Where do you live? My sister is in Sod, south of Charleston- we were just there in February---

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

I'm in Saint Albans... about 15 min west of Charleston.

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I know where that is- she used to live there too-- Where in St Albans?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

right off of Coal River Rd... lived here almost 3 years now, we used to live in Nitro.

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Not familiar with the street- but love the town....my great aunt lives there too......I know Nitro too---- WOW!!!! such a small world.... do you get all your sb stuff from Joanns?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

No, I won't be going back to joanns for a while, every time I go in there I get into it with them over something that is supposed to be on sale... just tired of arguing with them, and they get so rude... there were a couple stores around here, but they've both closed in the past 2 years. So, it's Michaels in Charleston or AC Moore in Huntington or online... wish there were a smaller place around here!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Ahhh- i do remember the Joanns there being pretty small and not much stuff- but I still spent about $200. It was my first time with brads, eyelets and so many sticker options. Then we hit Michaels- in South Charleston- I spent the same thing there-- I took an empty suitcase home, just for the occassion.

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Yeah, it's pretty small, but they have quite a bit of stuff for there only being 2 aisles... but everything is jammed together... You spent $200 at Joann's?! Geez...lol!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I did- can you believe that??? On little things and albums mainly......its the first time i had been in one for 3 years.... i went a little crazy.....

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Well, if it had been 3 years, I think I would have spent more...lol!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

I love it all---- i'm so jealous-- i can not wait to get back stateside--- i am trying to get my boss to let me come back for 5 days at the end of july----- lets hope!

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

Thanks--- i need it---

how is your summer going?

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

My summer's going... quickly! I'm a full time student at WVSU, so I am on summer break. I also have a 2 year old and I work midnights, so I hardly have any time to scrap and it's driving me crazy! I did manage to go to a crop last weekend and got 13 pages done How is your summer going?

vannalou
Expert
vannalou

WOW! 13 pages? that's awesome.... great work!!!

what classes are you taking at school? do you like it? Are you originally from charleston?

My summer is good so far--- ready for our big trip next week to Russia---- i laugh when i think about it- a country girl from wv going to russia--- amazing...

Jleighroll
Pro
Jleighroll
In response to vannalou

Yep... 13 pages in just under 10 hours, but I had at least 1 patterned paper and at least 1 cardstock paired with 2-3 pictures... all I had to do was put the stuff together and do my journaling.
I'm in the "pre-nursing" program... last semester I had computers, biology, math, and speech... this semester I'll have microbiology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, and lifespan development. After next spring I'll have all of my pre nursing classes done and (if accepted) I'll start the nursing program fall '07.
No, I'm not originally from Charleston. I grew up in Michigan and moved to Tennessee when I was 17, then on to WV when I was 23... been here for 5 years now.
I would love to go to Russia (then again, I think I'd go anywere...) you'll have to post some pics. How long will you be there?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics