Username Post: Overseas Military???        (Topic#1355827)
teennaa29
Resident
teennaa29

Hi All!

I'm Tina and right now my family and I are living in Japan...hubby is in the Air Force.

Is there anyone else that's military living overseas?

I live for online stores...lemme tell ya!!

Hope to meet some other military wives who love to scrapbook!

ScrapOMatic
Idol
ScrapOMatic
In response to teennaa29

Hi Tina! My DH is in the AF too, and we're stationed at RAF Mildenhall in England, I know theres a few other overseas military wives as well.

I live for online shopping too! And Stampin' Up! of course

teennaa29
Resident
teennaa29
In response to ScrapOMatic

Nice to meet you Jen!

How long have you been in England? I would love to go to Europe. We've been in Japan since May 04 and leave May 07...so I still have some time left here.

I do a lot with Close to my Heart, myself, but I like Stampin Up too. I'm not sure if anyone on base sells it here or not.

I would die if the Internet was not around! haha
I need my fix of "real" stores. I get so tired of the BX. There are some cool stores out in town, but I miss what I know...ya know?

Hope to chat with you some more!

teennaa29
Resident
teennaa29

Oh btw...great job on the weightloss.

I was gonna join the weightloss challenge thread, but I believe it's full. I did join the workout challenge...that should help!

ttyl

ScrapOMatic
Idol
ScrapOMatic
In response to teennaa29

Thanks!! I missed out on the weightloss challenge too, I just keep track of mine on here because it gives me something to look forward each week. I went home in September to see my dad and we made a deal when I left that we would both be thinner next time we saw eachother. I did join the excercise challenge as well.

We've been here since Oct 04, and are here until Oct 07. I'd really like to go to Japan, but I miss home so much, I want to go back to teh states first. Plus we want a baby, and our families will all be REALLY mad at us if we have one overseas, lol. I know it sounds goofy, but its important for us for our families to be able to share the experience.

We'll see where we end up.

How do you like it over there? Here is okay, the weather leaves much to be desired. I've been sick more than ever since coming here. It's also SO expensive here. We do VERY little shopping off base. The exchange rate just kills us.

anyway, I'm off to bed.. tah tah!

teennaa29
Resident
teennaa29

You are overseas longer than we will be...we leave Japan in May 07, and got here May 04. I guess most overseas tours are 3yrs, huh?

The weather here is alright. What I can't stand is how hot it gets in the summer yet we don't have AC because "it doesn't get hot enough for long enough". Well excuse me, but upper 80's and 90's with over 80% humidity is hot enough for me!!! geesh!! And it lasts like that for about 2 months. But you know the military...cheap cheap cheap...lol

The winters here aren't unbearably cold like back in Indiana, but we do get TONS of snow. We had like 170 inches or so last winter...which is typical, I guess.

It can get expensive here too, but COLA helps a lot. Do you think you are sick a lot because it's so damp and rainy there? I know a lot of people have allergies here because of the wetness, etc.

I've done TaeBo twice so far this week...hoo-ah! LOL
I wasn't able to officially join the exercise challenge, which is ok...I joined a Billy Blanks Club website and post my exercise there...so that's cool.

Well, I'm rambling...catch ya later!

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to teennaa29

Hello Gals!
ANother Overseas Military wife here. We are In Germany. Got here in Nov of 04(well DH did we just came in Sept.) and am here till Dec of '07!! I LOVE it!!!! I just like you 2 LIVE for on-line shopping as well. Looking foward to talking more with you ladies! Take Care.

teennaa29
Resident
teennaa29
In response to MomOf2Divas

Hey!
Good to have ya here! Are you Army, since you're in Germany? It seems everyone I know in the Army has been to Germany at least once! We are Air Force, and alas, we've never even been to Europe!

I'm glad you are liking it over there. Is it pretty cold by now? It's freezing here today, and this morning we woke up to our first actual accumulation of snow on the ground...although most of it melted. But we'll have more very soon...I'm sure! We had something like 170 inches last year!

Talk to you soon!!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to teennaa29

How about a Retired Army Wife??? Can I join too??? I lived in Germany for 4 years and Hubby has been around the world at least 2 times. Retired after 21 years active duty. Right now we are in Louisiana right next to Fort Polk.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to Taterdawg

Of course yoru welcome here Mrs. Tater!!!! LoL

teennaa29- Yes we are Army of course. LoL. It is cold here. Its been snowing off and on since Thanksgiving day. But for some reason it seem MUCH MUCH colder over here then when we were back home. Your Air Force...COOL! My Brother is in the Air Force he and his wife are in Rapid City, SD. I have a pretty big military family. From spouse to sibling, to cousins and uncles. And they all vary in Branches of the Military.

CARMEN G.
Tenant
CARMEN G.
In response to MomOf2Divas

Hello from Germany. My husband is Air Force and we are at Ramstein. Been here since 2002 and stationed at Kadena in Okinawa before that. We are here in Germany until 2008. Scrapbook.com, Close To My Heart, Stampin Up and JoAnn.com are my FAVORITE places to shop-online. Been overseas since 1993 and understand how hard it is to find things.

Mindy_27
Tenant
Mindy_27
In response to teennaa29

Hi Tina,
I'm here too!! We are in Misawa until 2007 as well. I use the net for my scrapbooking supplies too, addicted to rubberstamping is a good one to try.

Mindy

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to teennaa29

Hey there, I was looking for a thread like this, If not.......I was going to start one myself....we are Army in Germany until '08........we just got here last July and are really enjoying it for the most part.....I do miss my LSS........online shopping has become my best friend!!!!! glad to see I am not alone!!! Have a great day and happy scrapping!!!!

Tay
Tay 
Diva
Tay
  • Tay on 02-06-06 11:25 AM
In response to teennaa29

Overseas military here too! My husband is in the AF and we're in Italy. We've been here for two years and have another two years to serve.

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to Tay

Hey there all, I was just wondering if there was any interest in a swap or challenge relating to our circumstances....let me know!!!

scrappingnavywife
Resident
scrappingnavywife
In response to cidscraps

Kannichiwa from NAF Atsugi Japan!!! We have been here about a year and boy oh boy do I miss a Michaels Online shopping is my new found hobby. hahahahaha. I am so glad to see others on here!

Cidscraps...what does a swap entail because I've never done one but it sounds neat - especially in our circumstances.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics