Page 1 of 221 
Username Post: PRIME OF LIFE** age 40 and up thread**        (Topic#1359301)
IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

Well, it looks like a "flabber scrappers" thread was started for the young-uns, so about a thread for us in our prime. Who wants to chat? I have more stories about my kids and life that you may or may not want to hear. I can pass along some secrets to life or just listen to whatever you have to say. Come on in and introduce yourself. WELCOME!

MountainQueen
Diva
MountainQueen
In response to IamSamScrapper

Heh lol Sam, you are too cute:)

I am over 40 but only on paper!

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to MountainQueen

Sounds good to this granny!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Gramma3x!!

Yep, me too! Don't feel old, I'm like MountainQueen, it's just on paper!!!

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

I'll introduce myself. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sandra but my friends call me Sam. It is an acronym of my name. I am 41. I used to not feel my age but it is creeping up on me. It could be from all the hard work I do. Yeah, that is what I will blame it on. I have three kids. Justin 20, Jason 17 and Ashley 14. The only child at home is Ashley..unless you count dh, of course. (Just kidding, dear) I have been married for 10 years. Dh remembers our anniversary more than me. Of course he is a spring chicken at 36. I am a home health aide. I go to college..trying to get nursing degree. I may graduate in time to retire. I'll be the first to admit, I made mistakes in my twenties and thirties, so get your education while your young! I like to backpack..in fact, my sisters and I hiked the Grand Canyon Sept 05. That's a major accomplishment at my age. We plan to hike rim to rim again this September if you care to tag along. Another goal is to hike the AT, that is when I can get 6 months of off work straight. Yes, it will take that long. I am planning on finishing in one trip. I like to read (just bought my first pair of reading glasses a month ago) I like to travel. I hope to buy an RV and cruise America when I retire. I am a family person. My family is my life. One of my other goals in life was to have a loving, happy family and I am proud to say that I have made that goal. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats. Animals are people too. I have one brother and three sisters. I am in the middle. My younger sisters are twins. I don't have alot of money but we get by and as long as the bills get paid and we are healthy, that is what counts. Any thing else you want to know, just ask. Now, let me creep out of this chair and get the kinks out. {stretch} I get kinda stiff at my age. All kidding aside, I feel like 30.

Edited by IAmSamScrapper on 01-19-06 11:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GameGeezer
Expert
GameGeezer
In response to phamil

Well, in October I celebrated my 40th birthday... I looked around and found all my friends are in their late 20's & early 30's...

I think that meens that I'm young at heart.

On the other hand I now realize that my Parents have been right... On everything.

~GG

GameGeezer
Expert
GameGeezer
In response to GameGeezer

Somebody please share your wisdom with me

What is DH or DD?

And I believe that our warranty expires at 40, because my body aches more often than it use to.

~GG

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper
In response to GameGeezer

dh= dear husband or d husband depending on my mood
dd= dear daughter

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

check out gamegeezer's signature. Cute!! Believe I will write that down before I forget it.

~*Trace*~
Diva
~*Trace*~

Thank you for inviting me here Sam! I've got to run and pick up my son from preschool but then I'll be back to read everyone's posts and introduce myself as well

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-19-06 11:54 AM

Hi there...nice to meet you guys...I am married, have a 26yr old DD and 31yr old DS...Three grandsons who are the object of 99% if my scrapbooking...I am 62 but as I said that is all a state of mind..I have a befor and after school daycare so these kiddos keep me on my toes..Are there lots of Grandmas here?? that is the BEST!!, being a grandma...So fun to meet new people and make new friends...one can never be too old for that...Messing with the computer Tech world certainly keeps the old brain cells alive LOL.

Thalia
Thalia 
Veteran
Thalia

So I am older than you Sam, imagine that I started scrapping at 45...Better late than never but then I feel like 25, like I was just commenting on a layout in the gallery... 50 is 25 + 25! Now who else is over 40 here???

Scrapper50
Expert
Scrapper50
In response to ~*Trace*~

I need to pick up my youngest from school, but I'll return as well. BTW, Sam we're sort of in the same line of work, 'cept we're called "service providers", I'll leave you hanging on that, people have asked "what kind of service do you provide?"

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to Ande

Hello everyone! My name is Linda. I am 41 and married to Mike for 23 yrs this May. I have 3 kids...Michael soon-to-be 23, Denice soon-to-be 22 and my baby Nicholas aka "the surprise" just turned 3 Dec 28. I am a SAHM and love scrapbooking and photography. We also have a min pin named Baby who is 1 1/2 yrs old. (Not her in the pic on the left <<<). I don't feel 41 at all. I think i'm stuck in the mid 30's somewhere. My little Nic keeps be young. Glad to be apart of this board. I learned so many new things here.

~*Trace*~
Diva
~*Trace*~
In response to miklin

Ok, I'm back and I just want to say I'm sure I'm going to enjoy our little group:)

My intro: My name is Tracy and my dh and I just celebrated our 9 yr wedding anniversary yesterday. Together we have a dd McKinley who's 6 and a ds Reece who's 4. I was married previously and have a 22 yo son (born on my 20th birthday). Oh, I'm 42 in case you can't do the math, bwahahaha! I do not feel like I'm 42 but then again what is 42 supposed to feel like? I am a little more mature in my thinking than I was when I was in my 20's and for that I am grateful

Anyway, we live in Northern CA and oh, if you're interested in my avatar.. please go read my blog. My husband and I are going through a very tough time in our lives right now and all the support, good thoughts and prayers you have to offer are more than appreciated ((( HUGS ))))

eta: I agree! GO STEELERS! My dh is from Pittsburgh

Edited by TracyMom2Three on 01-19-06 12:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sn315on
Expert
sn315on
In response to ~*Trace*~

Hi, I'm Sara! I'm 41!

I've been married to Greg for 21 years, he's 41 as well. We have 2 daughters, Jess who is 20 and who is on this board as vcufashion419, and Jackie who is a junior in high school and drives. Wheeeeeeeee!

We live in Northern Virginia, up by DC which is where Greg works.

I started scrapbooking ages ago, but recently picked it up again.

I play with graphics, yeah, I'm that gal that made a bunch of avatars recently. I may open that thread up again one day.

I'm glad to find a group of people that are in my age range!

Happy Anniversary, Tracy! Go Steelers!

Scrapper50
Expert
Scrapper50
In response to Scrapper50

Ok, I'm back...the bad news is that I turned 50 last year but I have 3 beautiful girls, the oldest is 28, married, just had a baby boy before Christmas and lives in Virginia, the 21 yo lives near by with her boyfriend and my youngest at 9 lives with me. I was married 2x, the 2nd marraige ended after 16 yrs.

As I mentioned above, I work as a Service Provider, through the County's Council on Aging. It is enjoyable but hard work, sometimes. The fun part is taking our seniors shopping. Sometimes we cook, clean or just become a companion.

When I lived in the Tri-State area, I was an Administrative Assistant, then I was employed by an Insurance Agency. When we moved here, jobs were not abundant so I happened upon the occupation I'm in now. That was over 4 yrs ago, I am at a point where a change is in order and hope scrapping will have something to do with it.

BTW Sam, how are things going with your invention? I'm looking forward to hearing all about it or is it too soon to discuss it here right now?

MountainQueen
Diva
MountainQueen

Go Broncos:)

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper

Hello Ladies! I'd certainly like to join your little group.

My qualifications:

My name is Lisa and I am 41 years old. I have been married to DH for 7 years. I have 3 sons, Lance (21), Alex (16), and Grant (3).....AND he was planned! I also have 2 Granddaughters, Madison (2) and Lacey (8 mos).

I work full-time. I started scrapping 3 years ago when my youngest was born. I have alot of catching up to do!! But until I finally retire, I doubt if I will even be able to keep up much less work backwards!

I've led an interesting life .....too dang much to go into. But can certainly add some unique perspective on things!!

Nice to meet all of you!

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

• Scrapper50 Said:

BTW Sam, how are things going with your invention? I'm looking forward to hearing all about it or is it too soon to discuss it here right now?

The invention process is slow. I sent in my required forms, however it may take 3 years to get a patent if I am approved at all.

Page 1 of 221 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics