Page 2 of 221 
Username Post: PRIME OF LIFE** age 40 and up thread**        (Topic#1359301)
GameGeezer
Expert
GameGeezer
In response to IamSamScrapper

• IAmSamScrapper Said:
dh= dear husband or d husband depending on my mood

And here I thought you were all married to Designated Hitters ;p

~GG

cropperchick
Idol
cropperchick
In response to GameGeezer

Hi everyone! My name is Donna and I am 43 years old! I have been married to my DH for 23 years this May, we have three children-Don Michael who just turned 22, Aaron who is 17 and Rebekah who is soon to be 14. I have a wonderful, beautiful grand-daughter named Kendyl Brooke who will be 1 year old in April, and I am stepmom to a wonderful young lady named Sara who is 26 years old and getting married in March to a wonderful young man named Cliff. I work for the state and am currently trying to get a business up and running, babysit, scrapbook, and get ready for Sara's wedding. I'm so glad Sam started this thread--we needed a forum!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 01-19-06 02:32 PM
In response to cropperchick

I'm Micki. I just turned 40 in September. I'm having a time believing it because I don't feel like 40. I've been married to hubby for nearly 9 years and have 3 boys 6,4 and 2.

Expert
In response to GameGeezer

• GameGeezer Said:
  • IAmSamScrapper Said:

And here I thought you were all married to Designated Hitters ;p

~GG

That was good!

Hi Ya'll! It's me, Sue! Great idea for this thread, as I read it I can relate to so many stories!

A little about me:
I am 43 years old, sometimes feel like I'm going on 60 (my Chiropractor has the X-rays to prove it! lol!). Must be all that hard livin'. Been married to Bob for 16 years and have two gorgeous children ages 10 (DS) and 6 (DD). I 'm a SAHM for them and have put my management career on perpetual hold. I graduated from FSU in 1985 (Go Noles!!) I keep busy with the whole home scene and volunteer at the kids school a lot. I also help run a local car club (camaro/firebird) by serving as V.P. and assist on their website. I've only been scrapping for a few years, and gotten into photography as a result of wanting to take better pictures. I love to sew, and have pics of my renovated guest room in my gallery. I've also returned to crocheting, since I can do that while watching football with Bob. That's all I can think of right now, can't wait to see this thread grow!

rwethairyet
Mayor
rwethairyet
In response to paperaddict

Hi, My name is Sherri,I'm 42 and I live in New Hampshire with my fiance, Bob, my youngest son Caleb, who's 15, a dog and 4 cats. We're in the process of buying a new house (my first) so I'm a little nuts right now with packing and boxes and waiting for the closing date to come.
I have 3 other children. Indy,22, just moved to philadelphia. Brendon, 20, lives about 50 miles south of me and Rikki, 19 is a college student here instate.
I work as a secretary in the xray department at the local hospital. I like to hike, camp, sew and quilt, scrapbook and take pictures. Bob is a camera collector himself, so we both spend a lot of time out together taking pictures of whatever.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps

Hello everyone. I'm new to the scrapbook.com message boards. I'm 45 and live in western Massachusetts. I've been married for 15 years and we have two children together. Adam is 10 and Emily is 7. My husband has a daughter from a previous marriage. She'll be 25 next month, is a 3rd grade teacher at a charter school and bought a condo on her own just before Christmas. We are both very proud of her. I work part time three nights as a graphic artist for newspaper publisher. I've been scrapping since my youngest was 2 months old, so just over 7 years.

sherylsmith51
Veteran
sherylsmith51
In response to Judy_Scraps

Hey! You guys still sound young to me! I am almost 55. I have 5 grown children and 7 grandchildren from 4-16! I have been scrapping 2 years or so and got my mother and one of my grandddaughters hooked and I got the bug from my daughter so now we have 4 generations scrapping!
I am trying to get my mom involved with this site too and she is almost 71 so she will be oldest of all so far. I am interested in talking to other older scrappers too. Sometimes I feel like all scrapbookers are in their 20s and 30s!
I live in Maine and work full time as a rehab counselor so don't have the time I'd like to spend on the hobby. So far I seem to collect supplies mostly!
I'm looking forward to hearing more on this thread!
sheryl

fefelants
Governor
fefelants
In response to sherylsmith51

Hi everyone ......

Anne .... n2mu all ..... I'm 41 and rounding the final stretch to 42 next month. I'm married to my dh (Ray) for 18.5 years and we have 5 children (44,42,40,16,13) and 5 grandchildren (24,21,17,10,7) combined. The Oprah/Reader's Digest version -- he's 65, came to me with 3 kids and 2 grandkids already and the rest came in time .

Now that you're back up in your chair, let me tell you the long and short of it. He's the glove that fits my hand and he says I have an old soul trapped in a young body. And without him, I wouldn't have my family -- all of them. We believe the only steps in any house are on floors and there are no halfs only wholes with us. ALL of the kids know and understand that. We complete each other's sentences and JUST recently we both retired - him on time, me early. We've set out to enjoy ourselves together after working SO hard for most of our married life and never seeing each other. Heck, if I can survive being a school bus driver -- I can handle anything!! LOL. We just moved to North Carolina from New Jersey in June and absolutely love it. We both feel as though we have been here all our lives and this is where we were meant to be. Needless to say, during the packing (and now unpacking) process, I found lots and lots and lots of pictures in albums, boxes, suitcases, bags, drawers, and YES, even undeveloped ones. Guess how I have chosen to spend my retirement !! CATCHING UP. In most ways I am loving it and enjoying it tremendously, but in some ways I get reminded of events that a camera was forgotten or omitted and those memories aren't caught on film. For some of them, I have included my girls in helping me. We are doing those pages together to get both sides/aspects of the memories In hindsight -- I would and never will leave home without my camera again !!!

jgoodin
Veteran
jgoodin

Hello everyone! My name is Joanne and I'm 40. I've been married to the love of my life for almost 19 years and we have a 14 year old son and 10 year old daughter.

I work part time for a leasing company and am ready for a change (been doing this since 1988). DH, a general contractor, and I are considering a move (really tired of city life) from our current location (San Jose, CA) to the area of Sandpoint, ID.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Joanne

mamapickles
Diva
mamapickles
In response to jgoodin

Hi everyone!

I am Martha and I'm 43...I have been married to the love of my life for 2 years...hes' 14 years younger than me and keeps me young!
I have two kids dd is almost 14 and ds is 11...I work full time as a buyer at a college bookstore...I even buy a small bit of scrapbooking supplies for the store...it's fun!

My favorite new saying is *how old would you be if you didn't know?* I would be hmmm...34!!!

This will be a fun thread!!

Veteran

Hi, my name is Gloria. I am 42 and have been married for 22 years - wow, how time flies. We have 2 children, my son is 21 and my daughter is 13. I became interested in scrapbooking a couple of years ago when my son graduated from high school. I still haven't scrapped his graduation; by the time I feel confident enough to scrap it my daughter will of graduated.
I look forward to getting to know everyone.

sn315on
Expert
sn315on
In response to soccermom

I'm originally from Orlando. Anyone else live down there besides Gloria?

Mrs McButterpants
New Kid On the Block
Mrs McButterpants

Hi all! I'm 42 and a SAHM to DS who is almost 6! My DH is 8 yrs my junior We live in Michigan....I have been SBing for almost 6 years.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to soccermom

It sure is fun reading all the posts for the Prime of Life(ers)!

My name is Ann, I'm 61 and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 41 years. Our family is a little unique as we reared a niece and nephew along with our biological daughter. My dh's brother, his wife and their youngest son were killed in a tragic auto accident so we became parents to their children who over the years came to call us "mom" and "dad" and their girls are our grand daughters, too. There are 6 grand daughters, ranging from 13 to 21, and 0 grandsons. You can imagine the chatter when they all get together! Hurricane Rita interfered with the wedding of the first grand daughter to get married so they later went to Jamaica for their wedding.

I did not start scrapbooking until about two years ago. My biggest project is heritage albums to leave the family stories for the next generations. I have also begun scrapping our vacation trips.

We have both retired once. DH returned to full time employment as administrator for the local District Attorney. I work part time for the local Court system in a social work capacity with adolescents.

Enough about me...since you now know my life history! lol

Edited by oakhills on 01-19-06 07:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mskayle
Tenant
mskayle
In response to oakhills

Hi Everyone. I am new here at Scrapbook.com and new to scrapping and stamping! I am glad to have found this place and especially glad to see there is a special place for us 40 somethings. I only claim 39 but I am a Nana to two now. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• IAmSamScrapper Said:
dd= dear daughter

OMG....I'm cracking up over that one. My name is Jennifer and I recently turned 44. I've found the secret to feeling younger all of the time.....marry someone who is older
My dh turns 50 next week, and he's a bit bummed about it. I have 3 kids, 22 yrs (boy), 20 yrs (girl) and 13 yrs (another boy). I've been scrapping for about 2 years and really love it. I was the kid in kindergarten who could never cut, glue, fold or do anything even remotely crafty. Discovering SBing has released that inner child (it took me 39 years, but I can finally cut a straight line....where was the cutterpede when I needed in back in the 60's?)

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to mskayle

Hello, Mskayle!

My grands call me Nana, too!

scrappinmom22
Veteran
scrappinmom22
In response to oakhills

I'll be 40 in a couple of weeks, can I join now or do I have to wait until I am official?

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to mamapickles

Hi everyone! I'm 44 and don't feel a day of it! When I tell my students how old I am the boys (middle schoolers) say I can't be that old and I don't look or act like it (I guess 44 is ancient to them). They call me J-dog and J-dizzle. I have 3 beautiful kids ages - 15 ds, 13 dd, 11 ds. They keep me young with all the running around I do with them. They all are active in athletics and there's always a game or meet to go to. I've been married to my dh for 16 years and he just turned 40. I scrapbook their school life and my dh's restaurant openings. Oh if you didn't figure it out I teach. I'm a vocal music teacher for High School and Middle School. I guess I relate to that age because of my kids.

*~Linda~*
Veteran
*~Linda~*

Hello. It's great to see that I'm not the only Golden Oldie that loves to scrapbook! My name is Linda and I'm 52. I just started sb a year ago and have almost completed 2. I have a daughter, Brooke who is 25 and she has my beautiful grand daughter, Sydney who is 2 years old. I live a 4 hour drive from them and don't get to see them as often as I would like, so scrapbooking is my way of feeling close to them. I just found this great website and am loving it.

I work part time as an office manager for a maid service in. My husband is retired and spends his time woodworking.

Nice to meet you!
Linda in Noblesville,IN

Page 2 of 221 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics