Page 3 of 221 
Username Post: PRIME OF LIFE** age 40 and up thread**        (Topic#1359301)
~*Trace*~
Diva
~*Trace*~
In response to *~Linda~*

Wow, so nice to meet everyone! Elizabeth/scrappinmom22 yes, do join us

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to ~*Trace*~

Hi everyone! What a cool idea to start a thread for us prime of lifers!

My name is Daphne. I'm 48 (yikes! Did I just say that out loud?) and divorced for many many years. I have one grown son, Adam, who is married to a wonderful girl whom I think of as my own daughter. They have blessed me with two beautiful grandchildren. Alexa is 4 and Luke is 2 and they both call me Memaw! Love it! They live 900 miles sway so I spend all of my vacation time going to visit them.

I started scrapbooking when my granddaughter was born in 2001 and haven't stopped since. I have goals of completing 4 identical heritage albums this year for my sister and two brothers, as wellas myself. I am continuously working on albums of each of my grandbabies.

I work full time as a groupleader in the Silkscreening department of a large yearbook produvtion plant. I've worked there for 30 years but hope to move to Michigan to be with me kids and grandchildren within the next 3 years.

Whew! I guess that's all for now. I look forward to getting to know each of you better throughout the coming months.

grammybee
New Kid On the Block
grammybee
In response to IamSamScrapper

This is a great idea Sam. I think I'm the oldest one that's admitted it so far (((grin))).

I'm Jill Davis, Founder of Scrapbook.com - bet that got your attention, huh?!! LOL No really, it's me. I didn't want my grandma Friends to get lost amongst my other Friends so I created the alias Grammybee (what my GD calls me) to keep us all connected and in one place. So if you want to join us you'll have to get a grandchild. It's that easy!

I figure this is a pretty safe group of people to share things that very few people know about me; because I know you'll "get it".

I've been married to Charlie for 32 years. We have 4 children and two daughters-in-law who are dear friends. Add two precious grandaughters and there you have it, the first loves of my life.

I'm 52 and nearly scare myself to death when I look in the mirror for any longer than is necessary. Reading glasses are a necessity as are regular glasses now (my greatest heartache-eyes that don't work like they used to).

I no longer look at myself in the mirror and see glimpses of my mother...it's my grandmonther...gasp! The ratio of leg hair to facial hair is all whacky so I'm a big fan of laser hair removal. This decision of vanity was made three months ago while looking in the mirror for longer than necessary.

It was a shocking day when I realized I could be the mother to most of our staff - oh yea, I am the mother to most of our staff. Not really, just three of the 25. From the looks of things around here some of us could be the mom to lots of our other Neighbors...HA!

I love being over 50, there's a lot of experiences to laugh about. Other loves of my life are my job at Scrapbook.com and Scrapbook.com (another baby that just keeps growing and growing thanks to a wonderful staff and all of you - it takes a village...).

I'll end with my nieces's piercing words she dared utter on my last birthday, "Jill, just think, you're like an old tree."

Gee, thanks!!!

To vist my "Jill" My Place, click here.

sn315on
Expert
sn315on
In response to grammybee

Wow, this thread has grown since I went to bed last night! Hiiiiiiiii to everyone!! *waving*

We need to put something in our signature like the "flapper scrappers" have.

Any ideas??

Mells
Mells 
Tenant
Mells
  • Mells on 01-20-06 05:10 AM
In response to IamSamScrapper

What a great thread.... Thanks Sam,

My name is Mel... 46,
I work at home so can play on the computer some. I have done Child Care for 17 years. I love it. I have a great group of kids. I have three of my own. DD that is 28, and she gave me two wonderful Grand daughters. I have two DS living at home still 17 and 18 (hope to send that one to collage this fall).
Had to start my life over a couple years ago, husband left. (bad man) .
God blessed me with a new life and a new husband. He is wonderful, and came with two grown kids and a pom, dog. (I also have a pom dog).
Anyway, I have a wonderful life. Now 5 kids, 2 grand daughters and 2 great son-in-laws. 2 dog, 2 cats..... well you get the picture.....

life is good,

nice to meet you all,
Mel in Michigan

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 06:21 AM
In response to Mells

I have a question????? How do you copy and paste a quote from another post into your reply?? Can't seem to figure it out...(guess there are afew dead brain cells LOL)

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to Ande

• Ande Said:
I have a question????? How do you copy and paste a quote from another post into your reply?? Can't seem to figure it out...(guess there are afew dead brain cells LOL)

Use the little " quote mark below and on the right "

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:32 AM
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Just testing will be right back...LOL

Edited by Ande on 01-20-06 07:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:35 AM
In response to Ande

I was the kid in kindergarten who could never cut, glue, fold or do anything even remotely crafty. Discovering SBing has released that inner child

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:38 AM
In response to Ande

Ok Brain freeze here I guess...I highlighted and copied the quote from another reply,,,then what do I do...Usually you click on quote and then paste and then quote and there it is,,,that didn't work tho...there was no "paste" after I clicked on the quote icon bottom left...????? Ande

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Howdy! I'm so happy to find other prime-of-lifers.

My name is Cindy and I'm 44-1/2. I have been married almost 25 years (woo hoo silver anniversary coming!) to DH who is 51. We have 2 children: DS is 13 and DD is 8.

I don't usually feel my age. Having young children keeps me young, but there have been those changes that remind me that time is passing. For instance, last year was the Year of the Reading Glasses for me. Eeeek! And I can relate to Jill's post about hair ratios - lol! I'm going to have to look into that laser removal idea.

I'm also humbled when I realize I could be Prince William's mother. (I was born the same month as his mother and married about a month before she did.) I've got to quit ogling that handsome kid.

It looks like this will be a fun group and I'm really looking forward to getting to know the rest of you better. I've added this thread to my faves.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to MammaJamma

Ande~

Try clicking on the quotation mark at the end of the post you want to snip. Then when your reply window opens it will grab that whole post. You can shorten it by highlighting and deleting the portion you don't want to quote.

HTH!

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:45 AM

I was the kid in kindergarten who could never cut, glue, fold or do anything even remotely crafty. Discovering SBing has released that inner child testing again...

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to mamapickles

Welcome everyone! I didn't know there were so many of us youngi'ns...LOL. Anywho, MountainQueen the "BIG" day is soon coming isn't it?

Edited by miklin on 01-20-06 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:48 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

I was the kid in kindergarten who could never cut, glue, fold or do anything even remotely crafty. Discovering SBing has released that inner child

Maybe????

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 07:57 AM
In response to Ande

Nope. I did get the quotes tho...Hmmmm will try one more time...What I was trying to say was that is just the way I was...HATED to cut...my mother cut out the Betsy McCall paper dolls for me from the magaqine and here I am with a scissor practically growing roots in my hands...

Well, I will keep trying the quote thing...do you have to copy and past?? or do you click on the the Quote icon just at the beginning of the quote?? or beginning and end??

I WILL do this...........sooner or later...LOL

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 01-20-06 09:34 AM

• MammaJamma Said:

I'm also humbled when I realize I could be Prince William's mother. (I was born the same month as his mother and married about a month before she did.) I've got to quit ogling that handsome kid.

Oh, (snort) I'm really laughing at this one. ROFL

~*Trace*~
Diva
~*Trace*~
In response to Ande

Oh yay! I love seeing our little club grow! Nice to meet all of you!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to Ande

• Ande Said:

Well, I will keep trying the quote thing...do you have to copy and past?? or do you click on the the Quote icon just at the beginning of the quote?? or beginning and end??

I WILL do this...........sooner or later...LOL

Ande, at the bottom right of every post ...there is a box with a Printer (?), REPLY, Quotation marks and a few other things. You need to hit the " at the bottom of the post you want to copy. Then a reply window will open with that quote in it and you can add your comment below it.

owiggleo
Guru
owiggleo
In response to Ande

Hi everyone.... My name is anne and I am 42 but will be 43 at the end of this month so i'll call myself 43... ack!!! I have been married to my hubby for 20 years and still loving him like i did back when.. ..He will remind you that he is 8 months younger than me.... (and boy does he like to remind me of it)!!! LOL I have two DD, 17 and 15 1/2 and two DS, 13 and 10... they are my pride and joy! one funny thing is I have four and they are in four different schools. WOW! lots of driving seeings the 17 Y old doesn't want to drive yet. (and thats o.k. with me) She is in the school of arts here in tacoma, and what a wonderful place for her. I like to think that my creative gene got into her, but probably she is just really gifted. My second daughter is too too smart. (for her own good) she is in all honors classes. And loves it all! Crazy kid!!!! My boys are all boy. they love soccer, and video games, and just vegging out! so like boys... HA HA HA
I am a stay at home mom, but trying to find a place to work at least part time, I used to do daycare years ago, and do not want to go back.. You have to have alot of patience, (not with the children, but the parents!) LOL I love crafting of all kinds, i started in stamps, then card making and recently scrapbooking. I LOVE IT!!!!

The other love of my life is my praise band mates. I am in a band... that sounds really strange? but we sing contemporary Christian songs at our church, and once a month go down to a big feed for the homeless and set up and sing there. It is really fun!!! Awesomely fun! Powerful times. I guess being 43 isn't such a bad thing...

Page 3 of 221 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics