Page 4 of 221 
Username Post: PRIME OF LIFE** age 40 and up thread**        (Topic#1359301)
nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to owiggleo

Ok, I have a question:

When your mother was the age you are right now ....did you think she was OLD?

I wonder how my mother could be so old when I'm so young at this age? Am I just cooler than she was? Do my kids think I'm an old foogie?

louwhocc
Resident
louwhocc
In response to owiggleo

Hi All, My name is Cindy and I will be 40 this year. I hope it is ok for me to join this thread. I live in West Texas, I have twins that 14 (boy and girl) and a 3 yr old boy....yes, I am crazy.

I just wanted to say hello.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 10:06 AM
In response to nrthwdscrapper

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
  • Ande Said:

Ande, at the bottom right of every post ...there is a box with a Printer (?), REPLY, Quotation marks and a few other things. You need to hit the " at the bottom of the post you want to copy. Then a reply window will open with that quote in it and you can add your comment below it.

Ok lets give it a shot...

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 10:09 AM
In response to Ande

YESSSSS....I got it!!!!!!!!! Now how simple can that be??????? REALLY a DUH moment...LOL I have only had the computer a year and actually I am doing pretty well...have figured out, with the help of such great women, and SOMTIMES on my own alot of things...Thank you all very much!!!

GrannyGrouch
Diva
GrannyGrouch
In response to owiggleo

Hi everyone,
My name is Lila, and I am the Granny of all Grannys!!!I am 66 will be 67 in june. Married for about 100 yrs. [Well it feels like it]. I have silver in my hear, teeth that come out at night, lead in my butt, And I can tuck my boobs in my waist band. I have 9 kids , 5 girls, 4 boys age from 50 to 30.-22 grandkids-5 great grand kids.
I have lived here in Port Orchard for about 30 yrs. I have at this time 1 d husband =i dog and 3 cats.
I have been scrapbooking for about 5 years.
I was going to say something else but I forgot what it was!!!!!

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 10:14 AM

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Ok, I have a question:

I wonder how my mother could be so old when I'm so young at this age? Am I just cooler than she was? Do my kids think I'm an old foogie?

This is a great question...I think my mom never seemed her age....she just died 3 years ago and was 98 and still living at home on her own. I don't think I really felt the years slipping till she died...now I am the oldest one in the family and really at 62 I don't really like that distinction...LOL I don't feel 62...must be the good genes...my dad died when he was 94...so should have alot of years at this computer...LOL

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 10:36 AM
In response to GrannyGrouch

• bearsmama Said:
Hi everyone,
My name is Lila, and I am the Granny of all Grannys!!!I am 66 will be 67 in june. Married for about 100 yrs. [Well it feels like it]. I have silver in my hear, teeth that come out at night, lead in my butt, And I can tuck my boobs in my waist band. I have 9 kids , 5 girls, 4 boys age from 50 to 30.-22 grandkids-5 great grand kids.
I have lived here in Port Orchard for about 30 yrs. I have at this time 1 d husband =i dog and 3 cats.

LOVED your post....and REALLY like your Quote... ....What a fun Group of ladies this is!! Online friends are so special..I love the fact there are people from all over the world shareing ideas and smiles...Ande

sn315on
Expert
sn315on

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Ok, I have a question:

Yes, I thought my mom was old! My mom was 34 when she had me, the youngest. Back in the 60's you didn't really hear about babies being born to gals that OLD. *LOL* She's 75 now, almost 76, I still think she's old.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to GrannyGrouch

• bearsmama Said:
Hi everyone,

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Ok, I have a question:

When my mom was my age, I had already been married for 5 years. She had a 6 year old and so really didn't seem *that* old to me. She had me when she was 19 so she tended to always feel kind of young. (Tho I was appalled when I found out she was pregnant when I was 17 - eek!)

Now, my poor kids won't have it so good. I had mine at ages 32 and 36. They *know* they have themselves an old mama.

lillylucille
Idol
lillylucille
In response to IamSamScrapper

This was a good idea!
I'm lillylucille, 59 years old, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother.
I love to read, draw, garden, sew, and of course scrapbooking and altered anythings.....oh yeah, as anyone who reads my Blogs knows, i also love to write.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to Jill

• Jill Said:
  • MammaJamma Said:

I'm also humbled when I realize I could be Prince William's mother. (I was born the same month as his mother and married about a month before she did.) I've got to quit ogling that handsome kid.

Oh, (snort) I'm really laughing at this one. ROFL

I know, I know.... slap me down someone!

cropperchick
Idol
cropperchick

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Ok, I have a question:

I once asked my mom if she came to Texas in a Covered WAGON! I can still remember her jaw dropping almost to her chest and her just laughing because she had no idea what to say!!

cropperchick
Idol
cropperchick
In response to cropperchick

Okay, I'm not getting the "quotes" thing either. My comment was about the covered wagon in response to another post.

cropperchick
Idol
cropperchick
In response to cropperchick

• cropperchick Said:
Okay, I'm not getting the "quotes" thing either. My comment was about the covered wagon in response to another post.

Okay, I think I got it.

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs

• nrthwdscrapper Said:
Ok, I have a question:

I remember when my mother turned 36 and I thought she was so oooooooold! aaaahhhhhhh to be 36 again. No I take that back. Having two grandchildren makes it ok to be 48.

Mannie
Mannie 
New Kid On the Block
Mannie
In response to D3inKs

Hi everyone,

My name is Mannie. I'm 42 on paper, but don't feel like I left my 30's. I married a great guy in 99' and we have 6 kids great kids together, Chrissy 20, Amber 18, Erica 17, Nicole 16, Robert 15 & JJ 12.

I started scrapbooking, oh I don't remember, it seems like so long ago. I work for a law firm here in Phx, AZ. Like Sam, I started late on a career. I was a stay at home mom for most of my kids life until I divorced which forced me to go back to school to get a career to support myself and the kids. But I love where I work and my life.

I enjoy scrapbooking and taking pictures. Which is my down fall. Too many pictures, not enough time to scarpbook all of them.

It's great to have a place go and talk with others that love to scrapbook.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 01-20-06 12:59 PM
In response to owiggleo

• owiggleo Said:
I used to do daycare years ago, and do not want to go back.. You have to have alot of patience, (not with the children, but the parents!) LOL I

I am doing Befor and after school daycare now..(for 33 years this fall) I LOVE it...obviously since I have been at it this long...started out with just a few for my kids to play with and it has evolved into the school day thing...That is the BEST...They come at 3 and are all gone by 5:15...and I get to stay in in the COLD stormy winter weather and scrapbook all day if I want...the best of both worlds....I have WONDERFUL kids AND parents so will keep at if for a while longer....Ande

Oletta
Oletta 
Idol
Oletta
In response to Mannie

Guess it's my turn. I'm Oletta (pronounced Oleta), born in '59, just 20 minutes after my sister (that's easier than remembering my age!), born and raised in the CA Bay Area, now live in TX with hubby of 24 years. I became his son's instant mom (never thought of him as a step-son). My scrapbooking hobby began when I created his life story for his 18th birthday. Now he's grown and has blessed me with an adorable granddaughter, Brooklyn Rose. They live in NE, unfortunately. I have a brilliant daughter, almost 17 (now that makes me feel old!). We've unschooled since 2000. We have an ornery miniature schnauzer named Polly (age 1). I love digital scrappin' and have uploaded dozens of lo's since joining in Nov.

Thalia
Thalia 
Veteran
Thalia
In response to mamapickles

I just realized I never introduced myself properly.... I use the name Thalia here but my real name is Nicole, I turned the big 50 last year and I have been scrapping for 5 years now. So I started late but I absolutely love it! I also love my husband to whom I have been married for the last 15 years. I never had any children but I have 2 stepchildren both in college now. I work as a receptionist right now and I hope to retire in 2 or 3 years and have lots of time to scrap and travel.

Page 4 of 221 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics