Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Uploading to the Gallery, & troubleshooting tips!        (Topic#1360927)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Getting started in the gallery is simple! From My Place, click on Upload Images from the Gallery box on the right. Or, click on Upload Images in the upper right corner from the main gallery screen.

For step-by-step directions, and general gallery information, visit the Gallery FAQ .

Q. I'm trying to upload to the gallery, and it says the upload is complete, but there's nothing there?

There are two common reasons for uploads to fail....first reason, your file is larger than the system will accept....the maximum dimensions 1000x1000 pixels. The second reason is that your file is within the parameters, but is large enough that it isn't being fully uploaded within the time the system allows.....this is *quite* often the case if you're on a dial-up connection.

In either case, you need to make your image smaller with your preferred graphics software. Directions are available in our Resources area for several popular programs:

http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/tech/229.html

Scroll down to the Resizing tips.

You may also need to delete cookies and temporary internet files from your internet browser:

For Internet Explorer - go to Tools, Internet options, and click on the Delete Files and Delete Cookies buttons. Deleting files can take a bit - be patient!

For Mozilla - go to Tools, Options, and click on the Privacy icon. Click on Clear next to Cookies and Cache. Again, this can take a bit.

Q. I'm trying to upload to the gallery, and it's not finishing - it just hangs up.

Review the above info on resizing your picture.

Q. Help! I uploaded my layout, and there are duplicates! How do I get rid of the extras?

Duplicate layouts are easy to fix, although it's not obvious.

First, go to the duplicate layout you would like to delete. Click on Edit Image - it's below the picture, towards the center.

Partway down the screen, you'll see a checkbox for: If you want to delete this image completely, check this box. Check the box, and click on Submit Changes at the bottom.

If the layouts are true duplicates, this will delete the thumbnail and possibly additional views for the "other" copies. In that case, go to the layout that remains, and click on Edit Image. Towards the middle of the page, you'll see a Browse button. Click on this, find the file on your computer, and click on it then click OK. Again, Submit Changes.

ddunks
ddunks 
New Kid On the Block
ddunks
In response to Megan - ForumTech

How do you change the order of your layouts? Mine are backwards and don't blend together like they should. There are 4 and they are out of order. Please help!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to ddunks

In order for layouts to show "in order" by the default gallery settings, you need to upload them in reverse order. Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to re-sort them once they've been uploaded.

ddunks
ddunks 
New Kid On the Block
ddunks

Thanks,
Now I know this was the first time I uploaded anything. They are scattered. But next time I will upload in reverse.
Dee

*Sue*
*Sue* 
Mayor
*Sue*
  • *Sue* on 03-12-06 04:09 AM
In response to ddunks

Thanks, I have been sitting here for days trying to switch mine around. So its last first is it

Edited by ButtonSue on 03-12-06 04:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to *Sue*

That's it! Upload them in reverse order to have them show up correctly.

babyjamie
Veteran
babyjamie

Is there a way to to put layouts that are already uploaded into albums without having to delete and reload them?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to babyjamie

First, create your album.

Then, go to the layout you'd like to move. Click on Edit Image, under the pic.

You'll see a dropdown for Change Category - your personal albums will be at the bottom of the list.

Click Submit changes at the bottom, and your layout will be moved!

babyjamie
Veteran
babyjamie

That sounds easy enough! Thanks

MandyM13
Veteran
MandyM13
In response to babyjamie

alright... so my question is actually how to get pics of your lo. Do people just take digital pics and zoom up on them, or is there some kind of program.. or how does that work?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to MandyM13

Folks either take a digital picture, or they scan their layout. If your scanner is narrower than 12x12, you can scan the two halves separately, then "stitch" them with graphics software.

MandyM13
Veteran
MandyM13

Thanks so much. I just posted one of my los.. can you take a look and see if I did it right? I'm kind of getting into this now, but I don't want to be doing it wrong.

you're awesome.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to MandyM13

Looks like I see 4 of your LO's - it worked!

KasseDee
New Kid On the Block
KasseDee

Hi,
I am a new user and I have been trying since yesterday to upload my 3 layouts for the 20k contest. I keep getting the screen that says

Preparing to process image list!

and it sits there forever without uploading. I have already deleted temp internet files and cookies. My pics are within the parameters.

Please help.

Thank you.
KasseDee

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to KasseDee

There may be a file that was not successfully uploaded stuck in your upload queue.

First, double check the pixel size on your image. Make sure it's LESS than 1000x1000.

Then, pick a file - preferably one you haven't tried before. Upload it, but do NOT enter a title or description on the first screen.

When you get to the 2nd screen, uncheck the box next to any other image that you see in the queue. Then, enter your title and description, and finish your upload.

Shantastic
New Kid On the Block
Shantastic

Hi there, im pretty new here and keen for people to check out my layouts. Im wondering wheather there is anyway to upload a picture both into my album and other categories? or do you have to upload it twice??

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Shantastic

It's an either/or proposition - either the LO will be in your album, or in a category.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I'm trying to upload some pics to my gallery. It seemed to hang up on me, and wouldn't continue. I logged off, and tried again. Logged in, hit the "upload images" button, and it just sits there, no upload screen opens, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the gallery?

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

Never mind, I fixed it! My pics were too big. Opps. Next time I'll read the instructions frist.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to KristaDee

Glad you got it sorted out!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics