Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Who's A Queenslander ??        (Topic#1362436)
tanni_83
Guru
tanni_83

who in here are Qld'rs and where abouts do you live. Im from Mackay. (about 4hrs south of Townsville) the weather here has been a bit odd lately. sunny one minute pouring with rain the next. whats it like where u live that the mo ?

Edited by tanni_83 on 02-26-06 05:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aussiescrapper
Pro
aussiescrapper
In response to tanni_83

I'm a QLDer! I live in Rockhampton - not too far from you!!

I wish our weather was like that - here it's just sunny. Wish we had the pouring rain to go with it. We have recently moved to Rocky and into a new house and we are struggling to keep our turf alive!

Have a great day...send some of that rain our way!

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to tanni_83

I'm an honorary Queenslander! I am from the US, have lived in NZ for the last 6 years, and moved here to Brisbane a year ago! Dose that qualify me as one???

tanni_83
Guru
tanni_83
In response to steph_t

well ur here now so id say so...glad to have you here!! wat do you think of aus...is it as you thought it would be before moving here??

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to tanni_83

You know what.... it's so funny! When I was younger, Australia was my #1 DREAM destination in the world! That one place you always dream of visiting, but never think you will. How bizarre that I ended up living here!!! It's been my dream come true! But I have to admitt, I haven't really seen much of the country yet. My husband and I have been so busy working. We took a long weekend about a month ago and went to Cairns. We acted like total tourists, went out and saw the reef, the rain forest.... I've been to Sydney a few times for work. That's about it! Next we are hoping to head inland a bit and see a bit of the outback!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to steph_t

Even though i now live in the act, i still consider myself to be a queenslander, it means a lot to me

and yes im a big fan of the state of origin

bella rose

aussiescrapper
Pro
aussiescrapper
In response to Princess Kitty

Glad to have you as an honorary QLDer Steph! It's a great place to live! Do you intend on staying permanently or is it just while you've got work here?

Once a QLDer, always a QLDer Bella Rose! I'm looking forward to the State of Origin this year, it's gotta be our year, right?

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to aussiescrapper

We are here for few years. My husband's a Kiwi and has never lived in the US... We will eventually live over there, but there is no hurry. My visa is for 5 years, so i'm sure we will be here at least that long!
I'm loving it here!!!!! Queensland is GREAT!

scrapcited
Guru
scrapcited
In response to steph_t

Hi everyone, I am a Qeenslander and live in Hervey Bay, we lived on the Gold Coast for 15 years before moving up here a year a go for some peace and quite. It is nice to meet you all

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to scrapcited

wow.. there sure are a few of us on here, aren't there?!!! How exciting!

SilverSoulSong
New Kid On the Block
SilverSoulSong
In response to steph_t

< Queenslander too.
North of Brisbane.

aussiescrapper
Pro
aussiescrapper
In response to SilverSoulSong

Welcome SilverSoulSong!

How far north of Brisbane do you live? Up until a couple of months ago I lived near Kingaroy, which is about 2 hrs north of Bris.

steph_t
Diva
steph_t

Hi silversoulsong! How are you? Where north of Brisbane are you?

Looking forward to seeing some of your LO's!

SilverSoulSong
New Kid On the Block
SilverSoulSong
In response to steph_t

Hi Steph - We're in a little place called Rothwell by the Redcliffe Peninsula. An I'm just great, thanks for asking

tanni_83
Guru
tanni_83

Hey. mackay is about 10hrs drive nth of brissy lol its about 3hrs north of rockhampton, if that helps any!?!

FrancineD
Tenant
FrancineD
In response to tanni_83

Hi there!
I live on Brisbane southside.i have only been IN QUEENSLAND 10 YEARS, originally from NSW. MY DAD WAS BORN AND BRED QUEENSLANDER,OUR LAST CHILD WAS BORN HERE TOO.so we have a great time come state of origin..lol

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to FrancineD

Hey, I'm on the south side of brisbane too! Where are you? I live in Underwood!

FrancineD
Tenant
FrancineD
In response to steph_t

Hi im Browns Plains..often travell over that way to the great new scrap store..Scrapbooks etc...great shop they have sooooo much.

steph_t
Diva
steph_t
In response to FrancineD

OH MY GOSH FrancineD... Scrapbook ect. is my favourite store in the entire world! Much of my weekly paycheck is spent there!

scrapjah
Resident
scrapjah
In response to steph_t

helloooo girlies!! Hi Francine!!!

Jennifer from the Gold Coast here! I own an online store so that's my favourite place! LOL although I hangout online in soo many diff community forums... and here too as much as I can!

I also used to work at The Scrapyard in Burleigh - teaching and working in the store but I moved to Victoria for a short 3 months and when we moved back I opened TSS.

Edited by scrapjah on 04-04-06 03:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics