Username Post: Looking for a rolling tote        (Topic#1363882)
Manniemae
Queen
Manniemae

I am looking for a rolling tote, but have absolutely NO clue what to look for. I have read some reviews online, but for very limited brands. I am looking for some recommendations or things you like about yours/don't like about yours. It doesn't have to have tons of pockets. I don't do a lot of stamping or punching and I don't even have markers! Just something that is sturdy and reliable and will carry at least the basics like my paper, guillotine cutter, and lots of embellies! Anyone have suggestions?

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Manniemae

I always thought that bigger was better and bought the XXL a few years back. It is big and sturdy and always so stable when pulling it, but when it is fully loaded, I have trouble lifting it in and out of my car. I can get everything I need for a long crop but I injured my back a couple of years ago and usually don't bother taking it anywhere any more. I would like a smaller, more manageable tote someday, but cannot justify replacing it right now.

FLTripletMom
Guru
FLTripletMom
In response to Manniemae

My fav is the Crop In Style XXL, it is the largest on the market and in my opinion the strudiest. I recently upgraded to the newest model, I liked the pocket layout better. I had my old XXL for 4 years and it was in amazing shape, I sold it to a friend who will get many good years out of that bag.

They have them on sale a **Edited per board rules.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 03-16-06 10:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to FLTripletMom

I have several rolling totes, but the one I like best and which was the best value for the money is the one I bought from QVC. It was a three piece set from Memories to Go and it comes in a variety of colors. I think it is selling for 79 bucks.

chrys4christ
Diva
chrys4christ
In response to janellie

I have a Rolling Tote I don't use - let me know I can email a Picture and if your willing to pay for Shipping and something else towards the cost of it. I'd consider it. My dh bought it for 100.00 about 2 years ago.

PM me.....

Butterstweak
Guru
Butterstweak
In response to chrys4christ

I have the Crop In Style XXL also. It holds a lot of stuff, but when it's full, it is hard to lift. Crop In Style has several sizes of totes. Also Creative Memories has some nice totes.

Julia2000
Diva
Julia2000
In response to Manniemae

I have to pass on something that I saw someone carrying at LSS. They were using a stanley rolling piece. I saw it at Wallmart for $25! I am considering purchasing it myself too... It is the famous stanley color bright yellow and black. It has a pull out handle to pull and tons of space and drawers! Of course it is meant for manly tools but worked perfect for crafters on the go too! Check it out!

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to Manniemae

I got the Generations Create a Bag from Michaels in January. I know it has gotten quite mixed reviews at a few other websites, but this thing completely works for me. I love that it has a completely undivided main compartment. Smaller organizing bags and photo holders, etc, attach with velcro in several permutations. The mesh bags feel a little flimsy, but so far so good.

Manniemae
Queen
Manniemae
In response to Bellanca

Thank you everyone for your help! MKJulia2000, thanks for that great tip! That helps me to think outside the box! (No pun intended) I checked out the Stanley workman toolbox while I happened to be at Walmart today. It is surprisingly very light weight and I think it would do the job for a beginner. Thanks again!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Manniemae

abc distributing has one for less than 30 dollars

andtyler
Guru
andtyler
In response to lisymarie

I LOVE my large MiMi rolling tote... I can easily find things, great layout, light weight... I was able to purchase mine on sale for $60...

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to andtyler

I Love my Crop In Style XXL. It holds so much and is customizable inside. It comes with separators that have pockets on them. They attach with velcro, so you can move them or remove them. All 3 sides pull down for further organizing and the clear pocket on the front lets me customize it so its easy to spot mine at a crop!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics