Username Post: scrapbook stores of southwestern ontario        (Topic#1364998)
fastmac
Expert
fastmac

Just wondering if anyone has come across any great scrapbooking stores in Ontario. My usual stop in the scrapping bug on Pioneer St. in Kitchener. They have a great selection of paper and embellishments. They also just got in the QuicKutz line Definitely worth the drive or if you live in the greater K-W area. Today I also visited Two scrapbook friends in Eastbridge Plaza in Waterloo. They have a fantastic crop area and a great selection of paper (though definitely smaller than what they have a scrapping bug) and other embellishments. Just wondering what other great stores there are in Ontario.

jenn0222
Veteran
jenn0222
In response to fastmac

there are two in hamilton and one in burlington, the one on upper ottawa and fennel is the best....pm me if you want more info.
there is also an expo this weekend (april 8th) in paris and the girl from the scrapping bug is always there. (i am going and so is alison, would be cool if another canadian cj gal came too!!!!)

fastmac
Expert
fastmac
In response to jenn0222

Sorry Jenn, i can't come. I have 4 exams between Thusday and monday so I really need to do a lot of studying this weekend. Thanks for the invite though, I would love to go to something else with you girls sometime though!!!

Alesha
Alesha 
Tenant
Alesha
In response to fastmac

In London, there is a great place downtown in the Galleria Mall called the Stamp Shack.

Also, Just west of London there is a town called Mount Brydges and there is a great scrapbooking store on Main Street.

Edited by Alesha on 04-04-06 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Alesha

There is also Scrapping Turtle in St Jacobs in the Old Mill building - upstairs.

In St Thomas there are now two stores. Cambridge has a store on Hwy 24 and Elmira I think has two stores now.

Rraine
Rraine 
Veteran
Rraine
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey Ladies - I'm in Ontario too - but I live in Muskoka. It's a little out of the way to get to Kitchener, Waterloo, St. Thomas or Cambridge. We have a store here called "The Craft Nook" and they are big into scrapping (as well as other crafts". There is also a craft department in out local Home Hardware Store. They carry lots of great papers and embellishments and if what you want isn't there, Laurie (the dept. manager) will let you look through the catalog and order whatever you want. There are also a few stores north of where I am in Huntsville - one in particular is called "Gotta Have It" and it's more like a discount dollar store - but they have a good selection of punches, papers, stickers and embellishments at fairly reasonable prices.

Anyone else out there close to Muskoka? I am involved with a few different cropping groups (would it be appropriate to call them "crop circles"?) You would be more than welcome to come out and join us!! Maybe if you are cottaging up here in the summer - let me know!

fastmac
Expert
fastmac

• Ladybing Said:
There is also Scrapping Turtle in St Jacobs in the Old Mill building - upstairs.

In St Thomas there are now two stores. Cambridge has a store on Hwy 24 and Elmira I think has two stores now.

How is the scrapping turtle. It is actually not that far from me but I have yet to check it out.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to fastmac

I am a bit biased - my friend owns it - but I get a lot of stuff there simply because her prices are good on my basics (I love Bazzill !)

Alesha
Alesha 
Tenant
Alesha
In response to Rraine

Is Muskoka close to Buckhorn, ON? My in-laws live up there and we are planning on going up in May

thecircleguru
Governor
thecircleguru
In response to Alesha

There's also one in Woodstock and a few in Brantford.

thecircleguru
Governor
thecircleguru
In response to thecircleguru

One in Paris too. And one in St. George.

fastmac
Expert
fastmac

• Ladybing Said:
I am a bit biased - my friend owns it - but I get a lot of stuff there simply because her prices are good on my basics (I love Bazzill !)

I went there yesterday as there was a detour through St. Jacobs on my way to Kitchener. It was a nice excuse to stop in!! Wow, I absolutely LOVE that store. You can get BG in packs (which I resisted buying) they have tons of primas and so much other great stuff. I usually go to the scrapping bug, though the turtle is a smaller store I love their stuff and it is way closer to me now that I've moved. I just wanted to go and check it out and ended up spending like 70 something bucks! You do get a card that gets stamped for every $20 you spend, which will add up very quickly so I can get some free stuff! Definitely worth the trip!!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to fastmac

There are 2 good ones in London. Scrappers Junction and Scrapbook Studio. SS is HUGE and well stocked!

New Kid On the Block
In response to TableScraps

There is a store in Cambridge in the "Southworks" mall. They als also open alot of the stat holidays that other stores will be closed as they are in a "tourist" location are allowed to be open.
The one on Hwy 24 in Cambridge closed as well as the one in St.George. I know the one in Brantford is still there. Not sure about the one in Paris...

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to nushies

there is a store in Kingsville On called Papercraft Cafe! Its small, but she has cute stuff, and she also lets me order from her cataloges

Kimberly Colliss
Veteran
Kimberly Colliss
In response to danielle1975

Totally Biased here - ALL ABOUT SCRAPBOOKS & MORE in Woodstock ON. Come on in and check us out!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Kimberly Colliss

there is 'scrappin great deals' in komoka ontario. they have an online store too!

Benni 
New Kid On the Block
  • Benni on 09-01-10 07:49 PM
In response to TableScraps

The Scrapbox is a store in Ottawa. Great selection and really nice people.

Benni 
New Kid On the Block
  • Benni on 09-01-10 07:53 PM
In response to Benni

I will be moving to Kelowna shortly. We just sold our house. I love to make cards and scrapbook. I am hoping to meet others who have the same interest. Should be there around the end of October or beginning of November. I will really miss my scrapping buddies as well as my son, sister's family and all my friends.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Benni

Creating beautiful shell jewelry from shell beads is an easy way to make a wonderful gift, crafts. The first step in creating a shell bracelet
selecting the type of shell to use. Most can be found on any beach, or you may purchase shells by the bag at most craft stores.
Before creating shell necklace, you want to make sure that you select shells that are mostly uniform in size. Otherwise, you may end up with a lopsided necklace or pair of shell earring
. The next step is to thoroughly clean all shells to remove any debris, sand, and salt water from the shell to make shell ring.Cleaning can be done with a mild soap and water combination. Be sure not to soak the shells for a long period of time, or they can become brittle. Not only will cleaning make the shell look better, it will remove any dirt or germs and smell and give a smooth surface.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to fastmac

I just posted about this on another thread....
I love Scrapping Turtle too. They are a ways away from me but they ship...
Also, Forever Scrapbooks in Burlington is pretty good.
My current fav. though is, Scrapbook Queens in Mississauga (where I live). They have great stuff and also will order stuff if they don't have it. Their prices are pretty good as well. They sell a lot of stuff cheaper than Michael's.
Scrapalicious used to be pretty good too but they closed this summer

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to laoweily02

My hands-down favourite store is The Paper Pickle in Chatham,Ontario {downtown}
{ http://thepaperpickle.blogspot.com/}
...But you ladies have really helped me out, I am up at the cottage and was looking for a scrapbooking store around here...I think I will be going to a couple! Thanks

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics