Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: New circle journal coming soon        (Topic#1365868)
cricketnest
Diva
cricketnest
In response to ~*lorealle*~

sub

Scrap_Brat
Mayor
Scrap_Brat
In response to cricketnest

Oh ok, so then when you journal in there books its about you but about there topic? and same with the pic?

MichellesThings
Idol
MichellesThings
In response to Scrap_Brat

• Scrap_Brat Said:
Oh ok, so then when you journal in there books its about you but about there topic? and same with the pic?

I am confused now... there is 2 books?

Scrappintlc/Ms Queeny; do you understand?

Happy Birthday Deb!!!

Scrap_Brat
Mayor
Scrap_Brat
In response to MichellesThings

Sorry Michelle for confuseing you!

butterflychick
Idol
butterflychick

• MichellesThings Said:

Let's say there are 10 people in your CJ group. Each person has a CJ that you mail. Everyone in your group will do a LO. Eventually, you get your CJ back complete with all 10 LOs.

Scrap_Brat
Mayor
Scrap_Brat
In response to butterflychick

so I do the LO's with there theme as if it was mine with pics of me and/or family but it goes in there books?

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to butterflychick

• butterflychick Said:
ScrapBrat--you could do it that way: make blank LOs for the owner to journal and scrap. OR, you could give your group members a topic and have them journal and scrap about it....so you would be getting their thoughts and whatnot on your topic. You send to and receive from the same person each time. I always send to Tamara and Marygail always sends to me.

Happy Birthday, Deb! Saw the cake next to your name!

Okay I was good on the CJ's until you posted that you Tamara and one other always do each others. Can you explain that to me?

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

• MichellesThings Said:
  • Scrap_Brat Said:

Scrappintlc/Ms Queeny; do you understand?

Happy Birthday Deb!!!

No hon, depending on the number of people in the group is if you do a double or single page thread si what I think they mean. I am understanding it to mean that if there is a gorup of 6 people then it would be a double page but if there is 12 in the group then a single page.

Is this right?

Now this brings me to another question---I have heard of people making their own CJ's so does the hostess determine whether it is a single or double page layout that will be done by everyone so when people make their own books they can accomodate for the amount of layouts each person in the group needs to do?

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Scrap_Brat

• Scrap_Brat Said:
so I do the LO's with there theme as if it was mine with pics of me and/or family but it goes in there books?

No, not necessarily pictures, hon. It depends on the theme the recipient wants done. If you go back to page 2, I believe, there is a huge list of themes someone responded with. I think a lot of those themes, there wouldn't be a picture involved.

butterflychick
Idol
butterflychick
In response to scrappintlc

[quote=scrappintlc
Okay I was good on the CJ's until you posted that you Tamara and one other always do each others. Can you explain that to me?

Every CJ that I get, Marygail sends to me. When I am done adding my layout to that person's CJ, I always send to Tamara. It's easier to keep track of CJs when you always send to the same person. Sorry if I confused you!

butterflychick
Idol
butterflychick

• scrappintlc Said:

No hon, depending on the number of people in the group is if you do a double or single page thread si what I think they mean. I am understanding it to mean that if there is a gorup of 6 people then it would be a double page but if there is 12 in the group then a single page.

Is this right? It is up to the owner of the CJ how many pages per layout they want you to do. In the group that I'm in, there are 10 people. I wanted everyone to do 1 two-page LO. So, that's what everyone is doing. Another lady, gave us a choice between doing 1 page or 2 pages for our LOs in her book.

Now this brings me to another question---I have heard of people making their own CJ's so does the hostess determine whether it is a single or double page layout that will be done by everyone so when people make their own books they can accomodate for the amount of layouts each person in the group needs to do?
The owner, not the hostess, determines how many pages each member does in the CJ. As the owner, it is your duty to make sure that there are enough pages in your CJ for everyone to do their layouts.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Veteran
In response to hukneeb

• hukneeb Said:
Okay, so I read the article, and I am still not exactly sure how it works. I am going to say what I think it is, if I am wrong, please correct me... From what I understand, there is a group of people participating, and basically you send it to each one, each person adds a page and passes it along. Okay, what I don't understand is this... How many are there, is it just one, if so, who keeps it when it is finished? Or, does everone make one and then when it finishes the circle, everyone keeps thier own. I would think it would be the second, but then that means you are doing a lot of pages for other people. I guess it all depends on what timeframe you are expected to complete it, hmm, am I missing something? Again, these are just assumptions, so if I am wrong about how it works, please tell me

So everyone has their own album?? That's where I get confused.

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to madaline_7

yes, everyone will have their own album.

robin, start it up

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to CanadianGirl

• CanadianGirl Said:
yes, everyone will have their own album.

robin, start it up

Yep, looks like I'll have to. I have interest here as well as on the general scrapbooking section of the site. I will have to sit down with my calendar and look to see when and write everything in a rough draft first so no mistakes will occur.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Everyone who has posted that you would be willing to join one to try it like your newbie hostess here (moi), I will be posting one in a week or so. I am going to rough draft it on paper first with dates etc. Then I am going to blog all of the themes that I have gotten in PM's and on the threads. This will help everyone to get a better understanding of themes for you to choose or to help spin an idea from one of them. I will also be writing everyone's usernames down to PM everyone who has shown an interest in one so that I can PM everyone with the link once it is posted.

Thank you to everyone here who has helped me to understand it all.

scrappinlife
Idol
scrappinlife

you are all too funny......i see someone else opened one up or is trying to anyway....its becoming confusing to me, and i am in 5 of them....lol

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to scrappinlife

• scrappinlife Said:
you are all too funny......i see someone else opened one up or is trying to anyway....its becoming confusing to me, and i am in 5 of them....lol

Hon, I guess I'm the guilty one....LOL!!!

I will be opening one but I feel weird doing it before yours is filled.

scrappinlife
Idol
scrappinlife

not to worry....i just filled i have 15 members in this one, and 10 in the other one....go for it...

scrappinlife
Idol
scrappinlife
In response to scrappinlife

have fun with it...thats what ita all about..in the end, and getting some awesome new friends for life, scrapping is secondary to us..but we are a crazy group

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics