Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Where are all the Kansas Croppers????        (Topic#1366182)
tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry

Anyone live in Kansas? I see all other states listed.......what about the land of OZ ladies?

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to tpotsherry

I used to be, we were at Ft. Riley for over 7 years....I really miss it there, we are hoping to come back when we come back to the states

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to cidscraps

I am from Colorado...that will always be home. But we've been here about 13 years and I still do not like it!!! I am in Wichita- for the first 11 months we were in Overland Park, and THAT I loved!

I have met some wonderful people through scrapbooking, so I shouldnt complain!

Kansas ladies told me about this site, but I dont seem to be able to find any of them.....

Sheila :-)
Expert

HI! I am in Topeka, we just moved here in Jan from CA...I don't know if I like it yet?!?!

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to Sheila :-)

I know there are at least 2 more, they must not be online tonight

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry

• Sheila :-) Said:
HI! I am in Topeka, we just moved here in Jan from CA...I don't know if I like it yet?!?!

Hi Sheila! California is very different from Kansas.... My sister lives in San Jose-loves it.

Do you go to crops up in your area? there is a big one going on the end of Aug in Oklahoma I would love to go to, but I will be in YELLOWSTONE!

There are a few crops in Salina I have thought about going to. Oh yeah, and in Bonner Springs..there is a B & B...just for scrapbookers. We have thought about going there for a long weekend too!

Expert

I haven't been to any crops since I moved here. That would be fun to go to a B&B
I have been to the lss here, I would really like to sign up for some classes so I can meet some scrappers~ but haven't had the chance...hopefully soon.

ncokely
Tenant
ncokely

Been a Kansan for about 25 years - originally from Nebraska. I'm in the middle of nothing, so I have to drive over an hour for my LSS. That is why I do so much online.
I did attend the Creating Keepsakes convention in Kansas City last month. Had a really great time there and got to visit K & Co. while they were having a warehouse sale!!!!

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry

• Sheila :-) Said:
I haven't been to any crops since I moved here. That would be fun to go to a B&B
I have been to the lss here, I would really like to sign up for some classes so I can meet some scrappers~ but haven't had the chance...hopefully soon.

well....I will try to keep you posted of any crops that are between your place and mine and maybe we could meet!!!

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to ncokely

• ncokely Said:
Been a Kansan for about 25 years - originally from Nebraska. I'm in the middle of nothing, so I have to drive over an hour for my LSS. That is why I do so much online.
I did attend the Creating Keepsakes convention in Kansas City last month. Had a really great time there and got to visit K & Co. while they were having a warehouse sale!!!!

My mom and brother both live in Nebraska--Omaha! Last time there, I went to Archievers...I really like it. I loved all the samples of cute things around the store. I will be going back every time I visit from now on.

I was giving thought to go to the KC Convention this fall when it goes to Oklahoma. So you think it was worth it huh? did you take classes?

So where in Kansas are YOU???

ncokely
Tenant
ncokely

The town is Iola - I am 2 hours east of Wichita, 2 hours southeast of Topeka, 2 hours southwest from Kansas City and 2 hours northwest of Joplin.

I took five classes!! I took a very good Basic Grey class, I made a really cute canvas album, I took a great class of tags with one for every month of the year and my K & Co. album class was really cute. The only class I was a little disappointed in was by SEI . It was a mini album and they charged way too much for the class - didn't learn any new techniques. It should have been marked for beginners.

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to ncokely

• ncokely Said:
The town is Iola - I am 2 hours east of Wichita, 2 hours southeast of Topeka, 2 hours southwest from Kansas City and 2 hours northwest of Joplin.

I took five classes!! I took a very good Basic Grey class, I made a really cute canvas album, I took a great class of tags with one for every month of the year and my K & Co. album class was really cute. The only class I was a little disappointed in was by SEI . It was a mini album and they charged way too much for the class - didn't learn any new techniques. It should have been marked for beginners.

well here is some food for thought....The group I attend most (they have monthly crops) has 2 overnight crops a year. The next one is in Oct. you may want to think about coming over for that one...bring a couple of friends. I dont think its all arranged yet, but it was held at the Hotel in Old Town. Friday-Sunday at 4. It was great! Here is the link so you can see if you want to come.....

http://www.wlcctreasurekeepers.com/

come one~~~come all!!

Expert

• Quote:
well here is some food for thought....The group I attend most (they have monthly crops) has 2 overnight crops a year. The next one is in Oct. you may want to think about coming over for that one...bring a couple of friends. I dont think its all arranged yet, but it was held at the Hotel in Old Town. Friday-Sunday at 4. It was great! Here is the link so you can see if you want to come.....

http://www.wlcctreasurekeepers.com/

come one~~~come all!!

Saved that link to my favs~maybe I'll see you there!!

Expert

• Quote:
well....I will try to keep you posted of any crops that are between your place and mine and maybe we could meet!!!
sherry

Please do!!

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry

C O O L......The more the merrier. We ALWAYS have a good time-and meeting more scrappers makes it the best!!

ncokely
Tenant
ncokely

I marked the site also. It sounds right up my alley, because I am also a pastor's wife of 23 years!!
I just might have to attend a Friday night sometime too!

New Kid On the Block

Hi ladies!
I'm live in Salina but I'm originally from Missouri...near Joplin, so I understand how you may feel a little displaced. It took me 3 years to adjust to no trees LOL
I host crops - you are welcome to attend any time. There will be one May 5&6 at the Chamber of Commerce - Lots of goodie bags & door prizes Let me know if you would be interested. Love to have you attend.
kristi

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to ncokely

• ncokely Said:
I marked the site also. It sounds right up my alley, because I am also a pastor's wife of 23 years!!
I just might have to attend a Friday night sometime too!

I really enjoy the monthly Friday night crops. They use several rooms of the church so you can spread out....lol and they always have yummy snacks and then usually baked potatoes with toppings and toss salad for dinner. They say midnight,but we have stayed as late as 1:30!!! Real nice group. Tereas is terrific.

Do Come some time!!!

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to midkan4

• midkan4 Said:
Hi ladies!
I'm live in Salina but I'm originally from Missouri...near Joplin, so I understand how you may feel a little displaced. It took me 3 years to adjust to no trees LOL
I host crops - you are welcome to attend any time. There will be one May 5&6 at the Chamber of Commerce - Lots of goodie bags & door prizes Let me know if you would be interested. Love to have you attend.
kristi

What are the times? Sounds like I need to talk to my friends and make a road trip!!! LOL

New Kid On the Block

The crop starts each day at 9am and last til 12 midnight or ??? Would love to see you come!
kristi

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics