Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Monmouth/Ocean NJ        (Topic#1367722)
crafteme
Diva
crafteme

Hi! Anyone from around the Jackson area? The TaeKwonDo school where my children go and I work does a monthly crop for charity. This year's cause is St. Jude's. If anyone is interested in attending please let me know.

Also I'm always looking for an excuse to scrap. I work nights Mon-Thur and till 7:15 on Fri. I'm very interested in finding a weekday morning crop. Anyone have one or interested in starting one?

I look forward to meeting area scrappers!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

I live in Monmouth County. I am not aware of daytime crops. I work and usually only go to nught or weekend crops.... I saw one in Brick on a Saturday at the end of the month...
Are you going to the Memories Expo in Somerset in June?

crafteme
Diva
crafteme
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Sorry I haven't answered before now -- I just finished up my Bachelors Degree and was concentrating on school work and forgot about doing this -- but I'm done yaaaah!

I can find plenty of crops on weekends but I work nights so I don't get to see much of my kids during the week. I'm hoping to find some people in the morning so I don't take away from their time.

Thanks for responding!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

less than 24 hours until the NJ Memories Expo. I can't wait!! Anyone else going?

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

It's still up for debate. I want to go just to look, do make and takes, and shop but it will take up the entire day! It is the first Saturday I've had free in sooooooo long it would be nice to just sit around and do nothing for the day. So I'm still debating. Also if I go I'll have to go by myself as none of my friend are free on Saturday and I can't go on Friday. Not like I NEED someone to go with I just think it would be more fun!

Hope you have a blast. It's going to be a last minute decision for me.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to scrapczpal

I plan on going both days. I am going by myself today and going back with a friend tomorrow. I am taking one class this afternoon and tomorrow two. We are staying tomorrow night for the crop. I can't wait.....
I plan on buying the Sb.com "LiveLaughLove" http://store.scrapbook.com/sbc-sbcts-ll-xl.htmlshirt with a small purple sb.com neighborhood pin tomorrow, so if you go be on the lookout for me. I would love to meet you.

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

So did you have a blast? I decided not to go and got quite a bit done around my house instead. Maybe next year I'll plan on taking a class or two and then I'll be sure to get there. Let me know how it was!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

I had a great time. I liked the classes that I took. The only problem that I saw was that there were less venders than other years and I understand that there may have been a few reasons for that- this is the first year that the new company took over and they moved the date back (instead of holding it the last weekend in April they had it the first weekend in June) and it was the same weekend as the CKC in Buffalo....

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

I definitely can see moving the date as being a problem both for vendors and attendees. April is a little more calmer then June when it comes to things happening. Hopefully the new company realized it and will move it back. Glad you had fun.

If you are at all interested and live anywhere near me. I hold a monthly crop at my TaeKwonDo School as a fundraiser for an annual charity that we choose. This month is will be on June 10th at 6:00 to Midnight. It's $10. If you are interested let me know. We usually only have about 6 people so we are friendly little crowd but we are definitely looking to grow. We have enough space to hold about 30 tables and would be able to raise an absolute great amount of money for our annual charity. This year we are donating to St. Judes. Last year the karate school (not only the Scrapping Mom's) raised $50,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Hope you or anyone else who may view this will joing us!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

I can't do it this weekend, but maybe next month. When is your next month's crop. I try not to do it too often so that my family doesn't resent it....

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

I'll post the new date when I have it. We do the date monthly based on what else is going on at the school. Some months are harder then others to get an actual date. Probably middle of the month some time.

crafteme
Diva
crafteme
In response to crafteme

We have our date for the July scrap it will be July 22nd and all proceeds will actually be going to the Insitute for Children with Cancer and Blood Disorders. Long story but we needed to change the charity from St. Jude's. Here is the website for The Institute for Children if you care to see what they do -- http://www.theinstituteforchildren.org/. The United Taekwondo Academy is setting a goal of $100,000 to be raised this year amongst 7+ TKD schools. The crops I hold are a very small portion of the fundrasing we do but every penny helps!

Hopefully you'll be able to come!!! The event is Saturday, July 22, 2006 from 6:00 pm to Midnight and includes snacks. If you have any further questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!

Edited by crafteme on 06-12-06 12:06 PM. Reason for edit: Change in Event Date

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

I'm not sure that I can do that one either as it is the weekend before CKC-Valley Forge.... and I will be there all weekend, so I need to be home the weekend before. Keep posting and I will get to one of them....

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

Is anyone going to the SDV in Whippany in September? The registration opens on Monday. Me a few friends are going and I'm so excited!! It's gonna be soooooo much fun! I haven't had a weekend away with the gals in years!!! The event website address is: http://www.dreameventsinc.com/schedule.htm

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

I have never been to an SDV event. I have been to Crop Classix, Scrapping Away Vacations, and Simply Cropping. Cropping weekends are fun. Have a great time!

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

Me niether but I sure can't wait to go! I'm registered and excited!!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

Tower Hill Church in Red Bank has a scrapbooking group that meets each 3rd Wednesday of the month frpm 7-10. Our next meeting is this Wednesday September 20.

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

Wow cana't believe I'm just looking at this. I cannot make Wednesday nights as I'm working boo hoo!!!!! Maybe someday I'll go back to days!

Thanks for letting me know.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to crafteme

Do you still have them at your school?

crafteme
Diva
crafteme

yes and the next one will be Sat. October 7th at 6:00 pm. We still haven't been able to get us over 5 to 7 attendees though. We still have tons of fun but I wish I could do more because of the fundraising aspect! This year's charity is the Children's Institute for Cancer and Blood Disorders.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics