Page 2 of 15 
Username Post: ONTARIO????        (Topic#1370274)
bluesun
Veteran
bluesun
In response to Jmedawn

Suiteepi did have a good question though, where does everyone get their scrapbook supplies?

kimmbo33
Diva
kimmbo33
In response to bluesun

I buy alot of mine at Michael's and on Ebay. Im from the states, so whenever I go HOME to Las Vegas I always stock up at Joanne's (wish Joanne's would come to Canada!), and some of the local scrapbook store s..

Alesha
Alesha 
Tenant
Alesha
In response to kimmbo33

Hi, I'm Alesha from London Ontario. I've been scrapping for 16 years now. I've been teaching it for almost two. It's a lot of fun. This board has been a great inspiration to step out of my box.

thecircleguru
Governor
thecircleguru
In response to Alesha

Anyone intersted in a Canadian Swap... check this out!!!

bronwynlisa
New Kid On the Block
bronwynlisa
In response to thecircleguru

Hi Ladies. My name is Bronwyn and I am in georgetown, just west of TO. I am a mom of two, currently at home on maternity leave.

ZoesMum
Expert
ZoesMum
In response to bronwynlisa

Hello everyone - I'm from Oakville, and have only been scrapbooking for a short time, but oh am I loving it. Not getting as much time for it as I would like, as my dd is 23 months old and I work full time. Husband just shakes his head at my new addiction! Love this site, but still getting familiar with it (this is my first forum post!). Hope to get to know some of you.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ZoesMum

I'm in Toronto, I don't come here to often, as I'm usually on another mb, and that is where I spend most of my time.

LSS that I buy at, two that I love #1 Bizzyb and #2 Scrapbooksbydesign. BB is sooo close and they are wonderful!!! Mind you so are Scrapbooksbydesign, for my sizzix and ellison dies I order from Ohio Scrapbooks as they seem to have the best prices for Canadians, or are more Canadian friendly when it comes to shipping etc....

Mdiamond0720
Expert
Mdiamond0720
In response to Sevannah

Hello all, I'm in Ottawa, not too many of us on the board! Great to see so many though from Ontario!

northerngirl
Tenant
northerngirl
In response to Mdiamond0720

Hey all! I'm up here all alone in Cochrane! Yeah I know, you've never heard of it!! About an hour from Timmins, 8 from everywhere else that's important!!

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30
In response to northerngirl

Hey Angela!! I'm from New Liskeard. I TOTALLY know Cochrane!!!! Welcome to the board!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Twitterpated30

Welcome Angela

Never been to Cochrane but I did go to U of Ottawa on the French side and tons of students came from Northern Ontario. Also, a friend's best friend went to Cochrane to teach for years straight out of Teacher's college.

ProfessorZed
Expert
ProfessorZed
In response to corrie fan

Ooh! Ontario people! Yay!

I'm in SSM. We have exactly one scrapbooking store, which I go to occasionally. There's no real craft store anymore, and I don't go to Mall*Wart for my own reasons, so for the most part I rely on what was, for me, an unexpected source for papers and embellishments: Dollarama. Seriously. They've got some lovely patterned paper s, and at a coordinated six-pack for a buck, you can't go wrong. They've got some great new sets that have come out recently -- hotpink/orange, rose/beige/brown, etc. I'm also very fond of Winners, at least for albums.

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30
In response to ProfessorZed

Hey there professor!! Glad you've found some good places to shop (I've seen some good stuff at Winners too).

northerngirl
Tenant
northerngirl

I never thought to check out Winners! Guess that's where I'm going next time I go shopping!

Hey Twitterpated I've been to New Liskard many times!! My kids love the McDonald's playland there!!

megnificent
Tenant
megnificent

what exactly is a 'swap' i have an idea, but not sure what to expect. it sounds like a chain letter thing, like one time my mum did tea towels, and was supposed to send one to the last person on this list and get like, 6 to her but it never really worked like that.. anyways it sounds cool to me can someone help me out??? thanks bunches.

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30
In response to megnificent

Swaps are awesome!! Beware though...very addicting.

For the swaps I've done, everyone signs up for a place in a group. For example, I'm doing a monogram swap. We each picked a letter and we make 26 decorated monograms of that letter. Then we all send ours in to the hostess. She organizes everything so that we each get back one of everyone else's letters. That way we have a full alphabet back.

There are swaps for just about anything...Page kits, letters, tags, altered items. You name it, and there's probably a swap for it. Same with themes...Holidays, family members, activities.

I think that circle journals work a bit more like the tea towel swap your mom did. I don't know for sure though 'cause I've never done one. I'm pretty sure scraptasticmama does them. She probably has a much better idea about these.

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30

Oh ya...Don't worry, you don't have to make 26 items for all the swaps. Lots of them you only have to make 5 or so items and then get that number back. (didn't want it to sound like too much work).

Megnificent, where in Ontario do you live? I'm in Toronto as well. I'm a social worker too.

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30

• northerngirl Said:
I never thought to check out Winners! Guess that's where I'm going next time I go shopping!

Hey Twitterpated I've been to New Liskard many times!! My kids love the McDonald's playland there!!

Angela, I worked at that McDonald's all through high school and the first summer of university.

Winners has some great stuff. Do you have one there? I found some Chatterbox embellie sets there. In other stores they're at lease $20. There I found them for $6-$8. I don't always see stuff there but when I do, it's usually a great deal.

ProfessorZed
Expert
ProfessorZed

re. Winners -- I also found this nifty "ScrapBrick" there. All earthtones, which wasn't great for me, but still, it's a brick of lightweight cardstock letters, numbers, frames, squares, circles, tags, and a few flowers and seashells, in a pretty broad assortment of colours and patterns! I've used a few pieces so far, and they look great. Very bold.

Edit: apparently the scrapbrick is by Colorbok .

Edited by ProfessorZed on 10-12-06 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kaleidascope
Diva
Kaleidascope
In response to ProfessorZed

I am also from Northern Ontario from a town 30 mins from Cochrane and 1 1/2 hour from New Liskeard .. but I currently reside in the Near North town of Sudbury ..

I shopped here at sb.com the other day for supplies I can't find at my lss or michael's

Page 2 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics