Username Post: Need ideas for Scrapbook Retreat Themes        (Topic#1372430)
Tenant

Ladies, I need ideas for Scrapbook Retreat Themes. We have done Tacky Tourist and Croppin' in the Woods.
Also I need ideas for contests.
Thanks for any input.
Wendy

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Wendy Marie

My favorite contest I've done at a crop is this.

Each person receives a small kit and they need to make a LO using the Kit (with or without pictures). THen everybody whp participated gets to vote on the best LO.

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to Fortunes Fool

I would think any fun party theme would work and then tailor the contests/games to the theme. Maybe google kid's parties or something or check out Family Fun Magazine's site.
How 'bout....
Barbie-Que (Girl themed barbeque--got this idea recently from another post.)
Game Show
Fiesta
Winter Wonderland
50s Flashback
Disco
Music
Everyone's Birthday
Mad Hatter's Tea Party/Alice in Wonderland
Murder Mystery (I bet it was Mrs White with the Cutterbees in the Crop Room )
High School Reunion (have each person dress like their graduation year??)
Garden Party
English Tea
Wedding theme
Caribbean Crop

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to yankeewifey

What came to my mind is doing a holiday crop... where everyone brings holiday pictures and then do a theme around all of the holidays...

Good luck!

Tenant
In response to yankeewifey

Wow! thanks! Great ideas, ladies! I would like to know more how to do the Barbie-Que-that would be fun too, but I have marked them down for our next meeting-We are called 'The Crazy Croppers' lol and a fun bunch of women. We meet once a month for a crop day except 3-4 times a year we go on a retreat. I think every woman needs a retreat weekend, don't you? lol The men from our church come to cook for us and clean up after us lol. We have a member who does massages and last retreat we gave a makeover to a member who needed a little TLC-she got a new hairstyle(including color), new outfit, eyebrows and facial hair removed! She was one sexy mama when they were done!
Wendy

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

I finally found the post that I was talking about (not on sb.com but a different site.) Anyway here's what the other gals posted:
"My girlfriend and I are hosting a "ladies-only" cook-out in a few weeks. I'm in charge of the invites, and I've been really successful so far with them. I went to Hobby Lobby and went wild. I picked up some cute paisley paper that has pinks, greens, and white in it, as well as a solid pink paper to write the wording.
But that's where I'm stuck. The wording. We'll be doing traditional BBQ-ing (burgers, a variety of salads... potato, pasta, broccoli, and watermelon for dessert). And we haven't gotten together in a few months, so the night will be filled with updates from each lady.
I'm really looking forward to it, but this wording is bringing me down. I've got all of the "guts" worked out -- the time, place, etc. but I need a cute little line to put on the invite "cover" that will put a smile on their face.
Another message board I frequent suggested I put "No weiners allowed" ..... a hilarious line that hints no men and a BBQ... but I'm not so sure its best."

"You ladies are probably a little grown up for this, but for my dd birthday party we had a "Barbie-que". It was a barbeque with a Barbie theme!!"

"lol i like the no weiners allowed.. I definitely think you should use it. add a little comedy to the invitations! on the inside you might want to put just us girls! so that noone brings there husbands and but still bring the hot dogs."

"How about something as simple as this...

A BBQ- Girl Style

Play on the words and 'dress-up' the words girl style..."

"At CKU-KC our dorm was "Barbie Q." Lots of different things you can do when working off a double theme. Our colors were hot pink and black. You can get cute (cheap) bandanas at HL to use as decorations, napkins, or whatever. We made favors that looked like matchbooks - but inside was an individually wrapped hand wipe for the messy fingers after a bbq."

"I found these from an invitation site. I just use their words and create my own

Chef __________ is ready to grill
The drinks are ready to chill.
All we need is you
To get this party started

Join us for some Chillin' and Grillin'"

Meredith Shepherd
New Kid On the Block
Meredith Shepherd

For more scrapbook party plans or crop ideas go to www.KeyLimeCrops.com .

You can download a FREE crop to try-before-you buy. Everything you need to host your own scrapbook party, crop retreat, or convention crop.

Try the Asian Zensation Crop, Scrap Therapy, Puttin' on the Glitz and more...

Every crop includes free party organizers and tips for hosting your crop.

You can stop worrying about the wording for your theme party invitations, decorating ideas, games, make & take projects or music playlists.

Just make a list of items you need using our party organizers and shop for them here at Scrapbook.com then prepare to party.

Can't wait to see you over at Key Lime Crops .

Your Personal Party Planner, Meredith Shepherd

New Kid On the Block

What does the Tacky Tourist theme consist of?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to valpitt

Just had Scrappin fiesta this past weekend it was a lot of fun. Bo Bunny also has several contests right now for $10 you buy the kit and everyone has to create a layout with just the stuff in the kit nothing else added.

Resident
In response to valpitt

Tacky Tourist:
sunglasses, lei, hawaiian shirt, "loud" shorts, flip flops, BIG hat, BIG camera, white sunscreen on your nose, Mickey Mouse ears hat, fanny pack, BIG tote bag that says "I went to a crop and all I got was a lousy bag of SCRAPS" (fill bag with scrap paper), holding a map in hand and looking completely lost at all times

Food can be summer themed-maybe mickey head ice cream on a stick, ice pops
Decorations: Loud Hawaiian or beach theme-simply tacky
Giveaway-tote bag with the name of the retreat on it or a luggage tag with the name of the retreat (Tourist taking a "trip"), pens and scratch pad with the retreat name...tourist get at hotels

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics