Page 16 of 16 
Username Post: What program do you use?        (Topic#1373705)
Mary Fran
Expert
Mary Fran
In response to ncborn

You are right Veronica, there are so many programs out there it is like standing in the toothpaste aisle today....too many choices!!ha,ha

I would suggest Photoshop Elements 11, and there is a free trial for it here http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=pho... It is a great program that you can use as a beginner and go as far as you want with it as there are so many features (but you don't have to use them if you don't want.) As you become more experienced and want to add more effects it has the capabilities that other programs lack.

I use Photoshop CS5 and probably only use 25% of the power of the program, but it's fun to then learn something new and find that you can do it in your program.

Best of luck in choosing and moving into digital!

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so pardon my jumping in. I use PSE 10 sometimes (glitchy on my Mac) and love my iScrapbook. Have just purchased My Memories so am still on the fence there. Thanks for this thread!

Jeannie

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to craft kid

Just wondering about digi scrapbooking. I just did my first layout and I really like how it looks on my computer but when I print it out, I'm just not sure about the scale. I'm using PSE 7 and I'm wondering how others handle this issue. (hopefully I'm in the right place to ask.) I'd like to make all adjustments before I print so I don't waste too much paper or ink LOL

1st Bath
ByKfedolfi

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to kfedolfi

It's absolutely beautiful, although the date is missing. I would never have known it was your first digi LOs. It's streaks ahead of my first one.

I don't think I understand what you mean about the scale. Do you mean the resolution?

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to RedSquirrel

No,not the resolution...that is okay when printed (I think) but the brads just look too big. And I'm working on another page using staples and I don't know how to size them so they don't look too unrealistic....too big or way too small...just wondering what others do. Like I said, I'd like to get it right before printing. Thanks!

Oh and here's page 2 with the date

First Bath page 2
ByKfedolfi

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to kfedolfi

Oh I see what you mean. No, the brads look fine to me. I mean you can get them in practically any size these days anyway!

Well if I can be bothered to get my sizes accurate (and often I can't!), I zoom in on my computer screen so that the size I'm seeing really is 12"x12". Then I compare the size of the staple (for example) with a real staple, and adjust the layer until they match. Would that work for you?

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to RedSquirrel

Yeah, I'll try that, thanks!

kfedolfi
Diva
kfedolfi
In response to kfedolfi

So this is my attempt at using staples...not sure how they will actually print (I'm waiting on my ink order to arrive) but hopefully it will be okay.

Summertime Fun
ByKfedolfi

muldrs 
New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

I use CraftArtist Professional 2

Lisa1988
Tenant
Lisa1988
In response to PixieMegh

Photoshop CSS and Illustrator.... I'm a graphic designer and only just got into scrapbooking but these will be my tools...

New Kid On the Block
In response to PixieMegh

Just came across this one today. www.inkive.com - have not used much yet as just played with the editor but it has an online sharing component for digital scrapbooking which is perfect for the family tree I am building with all the old family images and documents. Have been able to 'ink' all my family members and they can add there photos to it and keep it private away from prying facebook users. Hopefully will finish it soon and provide a link here when done. Also noticed it has some really nice features like bringing in all my facebook photos which created a photo album of the kids in under a minute and looks awesome. Have just printed that one so will let you know what it looks like when turns up.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dan_murtah

I love Storybook formally from Creative Memories which is now Aristan from Panstoria...I do also use Adobe for anything I cant do in Artisan...One thing I love about Artisan is being able to take any paper and cut a title out of it...Also it has lots of effects..

the_carrottop
Tenant
the_carrottop
In response to MatoIna

I use PSE11 and love it!

lcalderone
Tenant
lcalderone
In response to the_carrottop

Photoshop & Corel Draw are the two I use the most. I have Adobe Illustrator, but like Corel much better for Vector graphics.

Page 16 of 16 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics