Username Post: Big Shot DIe Cutting System        (Topic#1373903)
mommymeg
New Kid On the Block
mommymeg

Does any one know anything about this system or have one them selves? I would like to buy one but only if it going to be better than my original press system. Pros? Cons?

Big Shot woth the bucks?
High quality cuts
High durability
Most bang for the buck
Easy to use
You may choose multiple options.
Votes accepted from 07-20-06 05:02 PM to 07-30-06 05:02 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Expert
In response to mommymeg

I bought it a few months back and wouldn't trade it for anything. I actually sold my old Sizzix machine after I received this one. You can cut dies from various manufacturers, plus you can cut muliple dies at one time. This comes in handy when cutting alphabets for titles. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Grammy2jmp
Diva
Grammy2jmp
In response to JENJEN59

I bought mine in April, and I love it. Since it will hold 6 sizlits it makes it so much easier cutting out letters/words.

My only complaint is that I keep breaking the plexiglass cutting pads. (I am on my second set and at $8.00 a pop, I've asked DH to make me some from plexiglass from the hardware store)

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to Grammy2jmp

I just went to a 2 day crop and got back today!! Had a great time. And I used the Big Shot that they had there!!! LOVED IT! No one hee in my town sells them, so I am going to try and hold off until Christmas and ask for it then...but ya never know...I may decide I need it sooner.

I was great and cut chip board too..not the real thick stuff, but it was a big help for me to be able to do that!!

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to tpotsherry

love it but i wish i could find more dies that go with it. it cuts my sizzix, sizzlets and qk without a problem. love it.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• Grammy2jmp Said:
I bought mine in April, and I love it. Since it will hold 6 sizlits it makes it so much easier cutting out letters/words.

My only complaint is that I keep breaking the plexiglass cutting pads. (I am on my second set and at $8.00 a pop, I've asked DH to make me some from plexiglass from the hardware store)

GIRLFRIEND...I REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR HONEST OPINION ON THIS..I WAS GOING TO SELL MY SIZZIX UNTIL I HEARD ABOUT THAT PROBLEM..SO I THINK I WILL KEEP MY BABY. I HAVE THE Xyron AND IT CUT REAL NICE....BUT MY SIZZIX WHAT CAN I NOT SAY.

Expert

• Grammy2jmp Said:

When the machine originally came out, the pads were defective. They have fixed the problem so you shouldn't have any problems with them now.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to JENJEN59

I am going to a crop this weekend called Scrapbook Royalty and they will have someone there demo-ing thi and giving a class. I am realyl interested in seeing it action.

They have the dies on clearance at Target out here....

ScrappinAngler
Veteran
ScrappinAngler
In response to JENJEN59

• jenjen59 Said:
I bought it a few months back and wouldn't trade it for anything. I actually sold my old Sizzix machine after I received this one. You can cut dies from various manufacturers, plus you can cut muliple dies at one time. This comes in handy when cutting alphabets for titles. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I totally agree. I sold my sizzix too! I use other manufacturers as well and you can do 6 sizzlets at one time!! It's a must have. I don't even use anything else anymore!

Tori

Scrappin with Kathryn
Diva
Scrappin with Kathryn
In response to mommymeg

I love mine. I got rid of my Sizzix and Quickcut and use thiers on the Big Shot. It is also easier if you have carpultunnel.

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to Scrappin with Kathryn

I have a Big Shot & I love the fact that you can cut some many @ one time...I have 2 sets of cutting pads...You have to really watch the thckness of what you are cutting or you will break your cutting pads..I kept my sizzix side kick & Sizziit Machine because it allows for more dense cutting than the Big Shot..

New Kid On the Block
In response to chocodlite2

I always borrowed my friends' sissix/alphabets. Just bought my OWN Big Shot on Ebay for $76. Haven't used it yet, but scrap room is torn apart (putting in new countertops/cabinets). So glad to hear everyone is loving theirs!!

life heARTist
Guru
life heARTist
In response to tmcleanrn

I have one and have used it once. I never thought to use it on 6 sizzlets though (duh)! What a great idea! Wish I'd have known that when I was struggling with my REALLY long title yesterday! The only thing I was not sure about was the first time I used it the plexiglass made this really horrible cracking sound! I though for sure it would break but it didn't.

hklmom 
Veteran

• Grammy2jmp Said:

I love mine too. I haven't used the sizzix since I got the big shot. One of my plexiglass pads has a crack in it and I'm sure it's days are numbered. Where do you get new ones?

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to hklmom

Used this yeserday---was very fun. And did you know you cna get it for only $50. Pm to find out where....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics