Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: MN Mom        (Topic#1374367)
MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

Any plans to go to scrapfest in september?

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Unfortunately not this year. My husband and I are remodeling our house, so that is priority. I hope to some year. Have you been before?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

I went last year for the first time and loved it even though I am not made for standing in lines and I was on a budget. I only took one class and hardly shopped. This year I am going pretty much just for classes and am really looking forward to it again.

But even not doing classes and getting frustrated by the lines I got to a ton of the make and takes and met a bunch of people. Well wort the money for a badge!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Next July I am going out to WA state to meet a gal for the first time that I made friends with on SB.com. We are going to the expo out there (Seattle) looking forward to that---it will be my first expo. Hope to find lots of deals.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

I've always wanted to go to an expo, they sound like so much fun! And to meet an online friend will make it even better I'm sure!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

She's told me all about the dollar bins and she finds some really neat stuff that I haven't seen much of in MN stores. That will be the other fun part --- seeing what another state has to offer in scrapbooking supplies that we don't see much of or at all. Usually when she cannot find anything at her LSS, she will ask me to check out Archivers. Usually I am successful in getting something she needs. Unfortunately, the closest Archivers to her is in Boise, ID.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

That's one thing I love about ScrapFest-they have a massive hotspot with some great deals-it isn't a dollar spot but you can find some great stuff!

I do wish there were more LSS around here, like you said they seem to have different stuff than archivers! I found Anchor paper awhile back and they are pretty good, tons of older paper collections

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

I think Archivers, MIchael's and Joanne, etc takes control of the scrapbooking stores around the cities. We did have a scrapbooking store in downtown Princeton, but about a month ago it went out of business. Most of the small stores that I've been in over the years are gone. Its sad, so going out to WA next year will be a true treat because there isn't an Archiver's there. More smaller stores specializing in scrapbooking. I think Michael's and JoAnn's have good discount deals, but it would be nice to see what smaller stores have too.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

I do like the discount deals, but I wish they had more brand name papers-although I do love that they have bazzill and core'dinations, I stock up when they have it on sale. I really wonder what the deals are like in smaller stores. It will be fun for you to go out in Washington! Are there a lot out where you're going?

I have a friend who owns one down in Florida-she also has an online store so I order from her sometimes and although she doesn't have a lot online she does have some pretty good deals for being a LSS.

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Do you go to Archivers' at all? Are you on their emailing list? If not, please let me know because I get a newsletter from them a couple of times a week and they ALWAYS have a coupon for cardstock - Buy 5 and get 5 free. And there is always a 30% off one item coupon too. I always get the Bazille cardstock. I love its texture. Just let me know if you want me to send the e-letter over to you. I'm happy to share!
I'm not sure how many LSS are near my friend in Washington. She actually took pictures of the one she frequently visits and it looks so similar to Archivers. We have a couple of day trips planned to other towns too, so I'm going to try to squeeze in as many LSS as I can.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it, but I am signed up for their newsletters. I go to Archivers way too often! We live about 5 minutes from the Maple Grove one so I am there all the time, whenever I find myself 'needing' something! I go to their crops a lot too-it is a great way to get out of the house and away from distractions for awhile!

It sounds like you'll have such an adventure out there, lots of fun photo opps at all the different stores and excuses for shopping-love it!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Do you use a Cricut?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

I do-DH gave me one for Christmas, I probably use my big shot more but the cricut is great to have for titles

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Do you have a lot of cricut cartridges or are interested in purchasing them? The reason I ask is my Washington friend found a great website for cheaper prices on Cricut Cartridges. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the link.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

Please do! I've got a limited collection of cartridges, I think I just got my 8th? I have such a hard time spending the money, even when they're onsale at michaels or joanns, so a cheaper site would be awesome!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

SOOOO SORRY ITS TAKING ME OVER A WEEK TO REPLY TO YOU!!! It was one of those weeks last week. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things now.

Here is the link to the site that has cheap cricut cartridges! Hope you find something fun!

Have a great day!

https://www.scrapbookpal.com/index.php

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

oh wow so worth the wait! Thanks for the site, there are some carts on there that i have wanted but can never find any place that has them much less on sale-can't wait to place an order!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hurray!!!! So glad to hear you found something! I guess I made a good suggestion. I'm all for deals and coupons. That's probably why my older brother calls me "tighter than skin on a grape." LOL. Have a terrific day!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindy JK

You certainly did! I made a big old wish list and now I need to go plead my case with DH and see if he'll help me fund my giant list! I'm hoping if I start big he'll let me at least get a few in the end!

And now I know who to share my deals with-my mom has called me 'bargin bob' for years!

Cindy JK
Diva
Cindy JK
In response to MrsAnnieS

I like "Bargain Bob" better than "Tighter than Skin on a Grape"!!! I so hope all works out well and you find some can't-live-without treasures! I've promised my hubby that I will not buy anymore scrap stuff until after our remodel project is done. That's why I went "shopping" in June and July.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics