I have been considering attempting one of these. On my list to include so far:
Childhood: birth place, parents etc. Schools & any distinctive memories that go with it. Ambitions, hobbies, best friends.
Work: Different jobs & what I have enjoyed doing. What I would still like to achieve.
Family: I was thinking a compact kind of tree, otherwise I would risk this turning into a book of them!
Travel: Low down on destinations visited. Perhaps a 1-10 list of favourites. Places I still wish to visit.
Holidays: Different occasions & what they have meant/mean to me.
Favourites: Song, movie, meal, tv show, drink, book, scent, shop, washing powder (you get my drift right?)
This list is not exhaustive. I cannot wait to read other suggestions!
I just posted this on a thread for someone who was asking for ideas today!
this is a list I have.......
"Quotes, Sayings, Thoughts, Poems."
"What Makes Me Happy,"
"My Best Creations,"
"My Favorite Book,"
"What I Learned in Kindergarten."
On Being A Woman,
Had I Known Then What I Know Now,
My favorite accessory/ clothing that describes me,
My favorite part of the 90's, 80's, etc.,
Greatest invention of modern convenience,
5 favorite quotes,
Quotes that describe my life,
Simple pleasures, What you like best about being a female,
Strong women Survive- tell about a difficult time in your life and how you survived
A Smile A Day- What made you smile today and why
Sweet Dreams- Describe one of your dreams for the future
Fearless Living - If fear were removed from your life, what would you do?
Birth Gifts - What is your greatest skill?
Wish upon a Star - If I could grant you one wish, what would it be?
The Real You - Who are you when no one is looking?
A Box of Tissue - What brings tears to your eyes?
One of These Days - You've had a roughday, how do you cope?
Favorite womens quotes
What's in your purse
12 things about me
*My favorite game(s) (which game do you just have to play? And which game are you so good at no one will play with you because you always win! LOL!!)
*Through the Looking glass:Reflecting pieces of me (what do you see, think, and feel when you look in the mirror? What memories come flooding back? etc..)
*Color your world. (what do certain colors mean to you?)
*Places I've been (pictures of places and thoughts about them, but no pics of people, just the places)
*Home sweet home
*My secret shopping obsession (shoes? scrappin items? clothes? What do you spend the most money on and how is it secret?)
*Scavenger hunt (the owner of this CJ put together a list of things she sees in her home town, about 5 of them, and took pictures, then each person has to see if she can find similar things in her home town and take pictures of them. It is neat to see the similarities of each different place we live. Town hall, library, park, etc...)
*What do I see when I look out my bedroom window? (what do I think/feel when I look at it?)
*A woman of today (this lady put this together for her daughter so she can look at it when she gets older and see how women of today were, felt, acted, etc.)
JOY (things/people that bring you joy)
MOTIVATION (what motivates you)
MUSIC (that motivates you, that you love, that reminds you of something, etc.)
FAVORITE VACATION SPOT
HOW YOU SPEND YOUR TIME
BEING A GIRL
THE 5 SENSES (my favorite smell, taste, texture, sight, sound..)
WHO YOU'D LIKE TO MEET, ALIVE OR DEAD
QUOTES THAT MOVE ME
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR
WORDS TO LIVE BY
THINGS I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW
WHY I LIKE BEING A GIRL
WHAT FONT ARE YOU?
MY FAVORITE THINGS
HOMETOWN TRAVEL GUIDE
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT
WHAT MAKES ME GIGGLE
A-Z ABOUT ME
FINDING YOUR INNER STRENGTH
MY CIRCLE OF FRIENDS (about or among)
WHERE I'D LIKE TO TRAVEL
WHAT MAKES ME BLUSH
ALL ABOUT ME
CLASSIC ADS OF DAYS GONE BY
IF (questions for the game of life - each participant chooses a different question)
IF I WERE QUEEN FOR A DAY
IF I COULD GO ANYWHERE
INSPIRATION (quotes, stories, photos, etc.)
BETCHA DIDN'T KNOW (things that most people don't know about you)
WHERE I COME FROM
MY FIRST DREAM COME TRUE
MY PET PEEVE (lighthearted)
YOUR FAVORITE BOOK PASSAGE
I AM, YOU ARE, WE ARE AMERICANS.
POCKETS (what's in them)
WOMEN/PEOPLE/PERSON WHO'VE INFLUENCED YOU
YOUR FAVORITE PHOTO
MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION
MY FAVORITE TEXTURE(S)
MY FAVORITE JOKE
THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
Here are some things my friend (SpecialK)shared. This should keep you busy.
all these topics are curtesy of SpecialK! thanks K
Your Name (meanings, why you were named that, etc)
Letter to an Unborn Child
Your Love Story
Why I Scrapbook
20 Things I want to Achieve
When I Grow Up
Contents of My Purse
What Are My Talents?
Where would you prefer to be right now?
What makes you laugh?
What color makes you think of happiness?
What are you afraid of? Why?
If you had to describe yourself as a color, which would you choose?
What is your favorite book and why?
What is something you do well?
What is the best birthday present you ever received?
"A day with..." meeting a penpal/swapper/Internet friend or maybe an old friend that now lives far from you.
)favorite color (all done in fav color)
2)pieces of me (pic of me and words that describe me)
3)all things to all people...(list of the *things* i am...)
4)'comes to mind'...( a page where i journaled the first thing that came to mind for-color, fav song, fav movie, fav food, fav era and fav book)
5) Top 10 things that make my day....
6) Youve got mail-(a pocket page with a bunch of those email surveys in it)
7) Ya Think???..(a pocket page with about 10 diff online personality quizes i took)
A day in my life (things about my day)
9) Worth Remembering (things i dont want to ever forget)
10) Those Tv Shows (about all the tv shows growing up)
11) Schools Revisited12)Once Upon a Time
13) Shoes Shoes Shoes
14) Books )
17) Dream House
1 100 things i love
19) My wishes
21) various family shots and jouranling about the pics
22) journaling about my fav: food, music, hobbies, sports, sounds and smells, movies, colors, snack foods and vacation/relaxation spots
25) Til we meet again
27) You know you are addicted when
2 Favorite childhood vacation memories
*A day when I had courage
* If I only had one more day
*Reasons I'm a SAHM
*I feel safe when
*10 things I'll never forget
*Blast from the past
*words to live by
*Things I never tell anyone
*Things I miss from childhood, teen years, young adult, single
*A dream or goal I failed to achieve
*the most difficult phone call you've ever had to make
*the light in the darkness: LO of a song
*Letter for my DH on our 25th and or 50th anniversary
*most romantic date with DH
*most memorable date DH
*funnest day I've had without spending money
*How I pamper myself
*Service I've given
*The home I'd like to create
*A Room of My Own: about my scrap space
*Pg. about my grandparents
*Things that make me cry
*Things that bug me
*Modern conveniences I couldn't/wouldn't want to live without
*Things that consistently bring me joy
*Projects I'm juggling right now
*Things I own that will be passed down from generation to generation
* Things that frighten me
*My ultimate anything goes weekend
*What I'd do if I just had the courage
*Things I'd NEVER do for money
*Let me hold your hand: about my kids growing up so I'll hold their hands while I can: written, just got photos back need to do layout.
Thoughts and feeling of 9/11
10 (or so) things I'll never forget
Hopes and Dreams page for each child
What matters most
Room by Room: our home
Grandparent pages (one for ea.) and what memories stand out the most for each.
THings my mother taught me
Things my father taught me
50 states page: where I've been, where I've lived
Being a wife means
Being a mother means
Quotes I love
Letter to DD for the birth of her first child
Letter to DH for 50th Anniv. maybe 25th??
page about a favorite memory of each of my grandparents
Things that make me cry
Where I got my talents from: writing/mother, singing/music/grandmother, etc.
Heirlooms/things I own I want to pass down from generation to generation
The view from my window
Things I wish I'd known when I graduated from high school, got married, had kids...
What I'd like to see out my living room window..
Phobia's/things I'm afraid of..
The feats I'd attempt if I had the courage..
e-groups I belong(ed) to...
what I learned from my mother/father
Why Im me:
1. Get a photo of yourself.
2. Write why this album is important for you and your posterity. Include the date.
3. Jot down 15-20 words that describe what will be included in the album.
4. Dedicate the album to a special person.
Most influential people
1. Make a list of the people in your life who have influenced you most.
2. Gather a photo of each person. (If you only have one photo or no photos thats ok too)
3. Jot down one word that describes how each person influenced you to be the person you are today.
4. Write in more detail how each person has made an impression on your life.
5. Incorporate all these thoughts on a layout.
1. Think one person in your life who has taught you some important lessons
2. Write down the lessons he or she has taught you (one sentence per lesson). Share what you've observed with this person.
3. Get a picture of this person, either alone or with you.
4. Combine the photo and lessons on a scrapbook page.
Things I love
1. For the next few days, make a list of all the things you love.
2. Scrapbook what you love. In any fashion you like.
A Favorite Spot
1. Reflect on a favorite place that makes you feel secure, serene and
"at one" with yourself.
2. Write down the sights, sounds, and smells associated with this spot. How do you feel when you're there?
3. Have someonme take a picture of your favorite spot (with you in it of course)
4. Create a page that will remind you and your family that the simplest places in life can be the best of all.
A favorite treasure
1. Identify your favorite tangiable treasure
2. Ask if it invokes a special memory
3. Take photos of your treasure. Write down why the object is so meaningful to you
4. Include the photos and journaling on a scrapbook page.
Betcha Didnt know
1. Make a list of things most people dont know about your life. These can include funny experience, trips, fears, talents, and more. Be "real" and include some embarrassing moments.
2. Get a picture taken with an object thats associated with one of your "betcha didnt knows"
3. Create a quick page with your list, photo and "betcha didnt know" title. People will love your page.
Your favorite hobby
1. Identify your favorite hobby. Choose something besides scrapbooking-your posterity will know you loved it just by looking through your books.
2. Record your likes, and dislikes. Why are you willing to spend time and money on your hobby? what frustrates you about it?
3. Include your thoughts and feelings-along with any photos of finished projects-on a scrapbook page.
Your Daily Routine
1. Write down your daily routine. Be specific with times and events.
2. Identify five favorite parts of your daily routine.
3. Take photos of some of the things you do each day.
4. Include all these elements on a page layout.
Secrets to a happy life
1. Take several days to meditate, then jot down your secrets to a happy life. Its fine to inject a little humor.
2. Highlight one word that can easily describe each secret.
3. Gather and use several photos that relate to your "secrets".
4. Search books or the internet for quotes that describe how you feel about life.
5. Have fun creating a layout that shares your secrets.
Favorite Girl Toy
1. Forget the fallacy that only boys have cool toys. Look at your own life and see what brings you fun and pleasure
2. Think of how your toy makes you feel and why you love it so
3. Get pictures of you with your toy.
4. Create a page that shows you having the time of your life!
Reflections on faith, family, and friends
1. Write down your reflections on faith, family and friends. Did you go through a particulary difficult experience that tried your faith? Did you meet new friends? Are you staying in touch with old aquaintances? What does your family mean to you?
2. Gather photos, memorabilia and other items that relate to faith, family, and friends. Create a collage for your page.
3. Personalize the layout more by including some of your own handwriting.
If you drive, what kind of car do you have? What are its stats (mileage, price, etc) When did you get it? And this is the fun part, what's inside it? What radio station do you have on? CD's? Carseats? Food Wrappers? How does your car reflect your life? (this is based on an article in CK about our purses and our closets)
Edited by IamSamScrapper on 08-01-06 01:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
I"m finishing up my BOM. I decided to do an A to Z album of myself. FOr example, "W" was about my weight and working out, "Y" was about being mistaken for someone younger, "C" was about my childhood. I have some LOs in my gallery...
There's also an idea modeled after the book "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" using the alphabet.
My scrapbook club just introduced this as our next challenge. Our layout information looks cool I can't wait to try it. It involves alot of cutting including the picture so I am a little nervous about that
I have just started on a BOM and am going for a chronological - by decade only. I'm working in an 8X8 so I'm not too overwhelmed.
I bought my daughter an 8X8 album to do her own BOM that she can add to through the years. I think this is a great exercise for women since we typically think of others first!