Page 12 of 12 
Username Post: Book of Me - Ideas and Inspiration!        (Topic#1374780)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Kalamela

wow i stand amazed

Wendy L
Expert
Wendy L
In response to mindygail

I made a BOM for each of my children when they reached 10 yrs of age. Rather than a year by year album, I found it easier to have these catagories: baby / early years; family / extended family; home and area that we live; personality; friends; kindy & school; extracurricular activities; favourite things & activities; health; family excursions; holidays; celebrations & traditions; random photos; hopes & dreams for the future.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mindygail

There is a Book Of Me forum in the Challenges section. It just started last month and has quite a few players.

It's lots of fun, and it's a good way to get your project going to play with other people who are working on the same goal.

Here's the link for this month's challenge if you're interested.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15845...

Diva
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I have never made a BOM. WHere can I see some examples of how they look?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to bayamonesa1

A book of me isn't so much about how it looks as what's in it. It's just an album devoted to YOU instead of your kids, or your family, or the other millions of things we document besides ourselves.

There's a current challenge running in the Challenges section, hosted by Char, that's a BOM ongoing project. You could look at some projects there.

KAR49
KAR49 
Tenant
KAR49
  • KAR49 on 05-24-13 10:30 AM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I too am starting to gather my thoughts and create pages without photos, that help to tell my story. I would leave this to my children so that someday they might share it and pass it on.

I have scrapped all of my photos, children's vintage, family, etd. All of these contain photos and my daughter will want most of them except my son's album.

So The Story of Me needs to be told with journals and the page itself. The journals will be typed on vellum.

I would greatly accept any ideas. I want each page to be beautiful.....going more for quality than quantity

Thanks everyone,
KAR49 (Kathy)

PAMemoryKeeper
Tenant
PAMemoryKeeper
In response to KAR49

I have thought about this project for a while now and think I have settled on the title "Getting to Know Me from A to Z" This will be a project I start in the fall. Although I don't have children, my husband and I have helped to raise my niece and I hope to pass it along to her.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Kalamela

amazing ideas I am in the middle of a book about me and idk how to make the small pages look good??
PLUS I am considering making a year long book of my kids and me and my hubby and giving it to friends?
IDEAS please....

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
amazing ideas I am in the middle of a book about me and idk how to make the small pages look good??
PLUS I am considering making a year long book of my kids and me and my hubby and giving it to friends?
IDEAS please....

You'd be better off starting a new thread in GS for that. Also, have you searched the Gallery for mini albums? There are oodles of gorgeous ones in there.

scrapperb2
Diva
scrapperb2
In response to RedSquirrel

I completed an 8x8 hand made mini album about myself. On the cover is the only photo in the whole album. I have several pages in this album on my thoughts, what makes me happy, etc. I really enjoyed making this one I plan to start another when the summer comes to a close. I didn't realize how my feelings and thoughts will be for my children to know me in my heart that I don't express. I am excited to start the project and it is fun as you get to connect with yourself. Good Luck

KAR49
KAR49 
Tenant
KAR49
  • KAR49 on 07-21-13 07:52 AM
In response to PAMemoryKeeper

I am definitely way off from deciding on a title. I'm doing a 12 X 12, with no photos, except the cover page. I'm hoping the journaling and scrapping will be able to "tell my story". My problem is journalling. I tend to be verbose and keeping it short is always difficult. I'm starting off using vellum, but need to scale it down. Probably I need to scale down what I am writing....definitely the most daunting scrapbooking I have tried to accomplish......ANY suggestions or links to LO would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

KAR49
KAR49 
Tenant
KAR49
  • KAR49 on 08-24-13 07:11 AM
In response to Kalamela

Thanks so much everyone for all of your wonderful ideas............I think I have enough info for about 12 12X12 books.........and that's with NO photos.......I wanted this all to be done with journals..........actually ALL (read everyone) of my photos has now been scrapped..........will admit to throwing away so many duplicates. Why did I think it was a good idea to take 20 photos of my son blowing out his candles at his first birthday party!!!

Thanks, again,
Kathy

dena magyar
Tenant
dena magyar
In response to Kalamela

I have been thinking about this for so long and these ideas are awesome! I have saved every business card from every job I have had so I am going to include a career timeline - the cards show promotions through title changes. It is only one piece but the only piece I have figured out!

Page 12 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics