Page 2 of 12 
Username Post: Book of Me - Ideas and Inspiration!        (Topic#1374780)
anumcara
Pro
anumcara
In response to butterflychick

What an awesome thread.

However I still do not see the theme I am working on in my album:

So often in my life I let the really cool stuff slip by and dream about stuff and never do it, so a couple of years ago I sat sown and wrote a list, "100 Things I want to do in My Life" The list included things as normal as "I want to get married to my soul mate" and "I want to have children" to some wilder ones, like "I want to Bungee Jump" and "I wanna have my own Harley"

The first page has my list and then as I do an item I make a page for it in a 6x6 album. This summer I got to add a "See Phantom of the Opera" page!!! Yea!

Tammy

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to anumcara

I just completed a little timy 'BOM'.. I'll take pics and share it when I get home from school today.

These are such great ideas!!

lottiepops
Pro
lottiepops
In response to Sherrise

I've just started on my BOM and this thread is wonderful, lots and lots of inspiration. I've also just completed a small 'My Favourites' book, all pics so far are in my gallery.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Megan - ForumTech

When I made my BOM, I included a lo of "My First Memory". Since then I've asked several people what their first memory was and how old they were. Most were around 3 1/2 or 4 years old. So I would add that to the list.

My First Memory

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to Kalamela

Our group had one of these challenges and it was hard. I tried doing something different than just my favorite this or that's. I have decided that I would add some stuff on from an old journal I had when I was younger, but I really went for more about who I am inside than likes and dislikes. Does that make sense?

Monique0977
Veteran
Monique0977
In response to PaperPrincess13

Hey this is great!!! Hope to start with one of the topics soon!!!! Thanks for sharing this.

nicollette1189
New Kid On the Block
nicollette1189
In response to Kalamela

Wow! So many great ideas!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to nicollette1189

Here's a link to my mini book of me!
BOM

I based my book just on things I love this year. NOt that it would change every year, but i wanted to keep the subject narrow, so it didn't overwhelm me so much!

I used chipboard coasters from a car dealer which I got at a yard sale for 10 cents! I covered them with paper, and used them for my pages.. they were perfect!!

Tasra Dawson
Expert
Tasra Dawson
In response to Sherrise

Wow! Some really fabulous ideas here. Thanks for the inspiration. Need to get going on my BOM...right after I finish my son's baby book!

Kalamela
Veteran
Kalamela
In response to PaperPrincess13

Oh yes that does make sense, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I was adviced to keep a journal but couldn't write in it every day but as I went through some hard time and grew from them, stuff would come to me and I would write it down.

I actually started writing a book but I think I will use those page as secret journalling for my B.O.M

Should be interesting to look back on!

Phoebe Kates
Expert
Phoebe Kates
In response to Kalamela

My mom is always scrappin' for others, and she's led such an interesting, amazing life and she told us kids that she wanted to share it with us somehow. So she's started a BOM. For this past Christmas, I got her a book by Angie Patterson on Book of Me fame... oh my goodness! While the pages depicted are not stellar creations, the ideas it gives you are sooo amazing! I'd recommend it to anyone. See if your library has it... I know mine did. I purchased her's at Michael's so that might be a place to check too.

newbiemum05
Veteran
newbiemum05
In response to Phoebe Kates

I'm planning on borrowing heavily from author and youth speaker John Bytheway and do a series of "WHAT I WISH I'D KNOWN BEFORE ..." pages.

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to newbiemum05

wow this is an awesome thread.... i printed out all these ideas...i just started my book.... sometimes i get stumped and this is awesome...i am also in the BOM challenge which helps a ton with ideas..... thanks alot!!!!

Ireland
Tenant
Ireland
In response to toofclnr

This is a great thread. A BOM is on my "to do" list. I'm wondering what kind of album to do though. I usually work in 12x12 but I'm thinking something a bit more relaxed (less fussy) would be more like me....any thoughts/ideas?

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to Ireland

• Ireland Said:
This is a great thread. A BOM is on my "to do" list. I'm wondering what kind of album to do though. I usually work in 12x12 but I'm thinking something a bit more relaxed (less fussy) would be more like me....any thoughts/ideas?

I think a 6x6 or an 8x8 is perfect for a BOM. I have an 8x8 sarted for myself and it works great. I can fit at least 1 pic on the page, some journaling a small title and a few embellies. I have the satisfaction of completing a page but it doesn't take me an hour to do it. It's a lot less stressful than doing the larger lo's. HTH

Cariad
Cariad 
Tenant
Cariad
In response to Kalamela

May I ask how many pages you all might end up with in your BOM? I would love to start a book while I still feel like a teenager inside and childhood is still fresh in my mind! (does that feeling ever go away?!!) But I can see this project becoming something huge! So should I set a limit?? How many pages can you fit in a post-bound album anyway?
Polly xx

SarahBarber
Veteran
SarahBarber
In response to Cariad

I absolutely love this idea. You guys have given me so many ideas. Thanx!

PaperObsessions
Guru
PaperObsessions
In response to Kalamela

Whoa! A Creative mind gets a big charge coming to this thread!!! I am SO inspired! Thanks everyone! As I read your ideas about an A-Z BOM, I could hear things I've never thought of before coming together to journal about for each letter. Funny how we think we know our own selves so well, and then we take on something like this, and find out things we'd never known about how we feel or what inspires us, or makes us afraid!
Thanks so much Vivian, for sending me this link!!
Celia

MamaCarrie
Tenant
MamaCarrie
In response to Kalamela

This forum was a great idea. The ladies who have posted here have some really great ideas and it is great that they shared their ideas.

I love using Close To My Heart products and I am in a monthly workshop/challenge group. Each month the consultant does a workshop to teach us new techniques. This month I learned how to Emboss and I love the technique. The challenge that we are given monthly is based on there layout idea book called Cherish. It has about 50 2 page layouts in the book and they even give the cutting guide so you know how to cut the paper and lay it out on the page. The consultant picks a layout each month and then we have a month to use our creative juices and come up with a page using that layout and get points based on certain things used in the layout.

I am so looking forward to this. I am going to be uding the layouts each month to do an ABC book about me and my family. Since each month is a 2 page layout, it is going to take me just over two years to complete, but I am so looking forward to it. I am going to sit down and write down what ideas I have for each letter of the alpha. I have already picked what I am going to do for this month's layout. I have picked My Poetry. I did peotry in high school and took some time off, so now I have done a few more over the past few years. So I am going to print out my favorite poems and have my hubby take a picture of me while I am doing so. When I get the pages done I will make sure to post them in my Gallery for all to see.

babynme8
Expert
babynme8
In response to MamaCarrie

I have never done a BOM and I am getting ready to go through a divorce so I think that will be my new project. I never got around to making a book of us either I thought I always would have time later. So in my BOM I'm going to reflect on my realationship with my husband and starting my life over. I know it will be hard but also a great therapy.

Page 2 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics