Page 8 of 12 
Username Post: Book of Me - Ideas and Inspiration!        (Topic#1374780)
vbbabq 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Jennasmomma

I am just starting my BOM and this list is wonderful, I got some ideas just reading thru the list.

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day

Virginia

PeaceOfMind
Resident
PeaceOfMind
In response to jnifr

Thanks!! mUCHO gRANDE!! hate CAP lok..... grrr!

kiwiholly
Expert
kiwiholly
In response to IamSamScrapper

I think hthis might just be my new favourite thread! After I've finished my friend's 21st present I think I'm going to start my BOM up again.

gsllpeck
New Kid On the Block
gsllpeck
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Some of the funest little personal "all about me" mini-books I have made are the one's that contained lists on a varieth of subjects. Not just lists of questions about the individual, but fun lists as well - "top ten movies of all time", "way's to survive a shark bite", etc. Also, if you include some interactive elements - a round wheel that has an opening so that when turned around (attached with a brad in the center)will reveal a question or saying, or whatever you want. Slider pages work well with this as well. It is just a fun way not only to create but fun to receive and fill out!!!!

vani
vani 
Pro
vani
  • vani on 09-24-08 10:15 PM
In response to Happy2Scrap1

Tattoo page for my BOM. I have saved all of my tattoo artist's cards, finally I have a place for them.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Does anyone have any ideas for a title for a book of me scrapbook? I have been racking my brain trying to think of a fun, catchy title.

Thanks for the help!

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to CStraka

Well, mine is neither fun or catchy. I just glued colorful chipboard letters to the outside cover of a black 12 x 12 album.

amber@MSP
Resident
amber@MSP
In response to MomWolf

I don't do many layouts about just me, although I've recently determined I am going to. I might eventually get to a whole album, mini or otherwise.

What really got me inspired to start was this past weekend. After having an emotionally wrecked weekend, and having been a long-time fighter of self-esteem issues, I am making a page called "Today" and it has a big pic of me, and simply lists all the things I am promising to myself. ie) Today I promise to love myself for who I am, etc. and it goes into more details.

After I finish it, it will be one of the most meaningful pages I have ever created.

lalalovesscrappin
Tenant
lalalovesscrappin
In response to AndreaO

I never really thought about doing a book of me....but I did do a two page layout of 12 pockets that hold mini pics of all the things and people that describe that pockets title

The page is titled with:

Do what makes you happy, Be with who makes you smile
Sing as if no one is listening, Dance as is no one can see
Laugh as much as you breathe, Love as long as you live!

Sub Titles:
Our Wedding Day
My Husband
My Children
My Critters
My Family
My friends
My Crafty side
My singing "career"
Love the Seasons
Lisa's Picks
Favorite eats
Favorite Treats

I have included the year because I would like to do a similiar LO every few years and see how the categories change

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to lalalovesscrappin

Cool ideas, Lisa!

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to MomWolf

WOW...I never thought of doing a bom....but with all these wonderful ideas, how can I not?...

Thanks

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery
In response to mommy3girls

Ok...count me in too!

Hello ladies!
I'm JUST now starting to do pages of myself when I was a kid! Like today!

Thanks for all of the info and brain storming ideas on this entire thread!

Back soon!
Celia

Do you post your pages here too?
Anyone care to PM me and fill me in on anything?
THANKS!
Celia

grandmabear
Resident
grandmabear
In response to gg loves Matthew

My problem has been doing stuff for m/self instead of making other people items. I'm trying to work on that now,s-bk 1973-75 living in Canada etc.

reeree012
Tenant
reeree012
In response to Kalamela

WOW!! These are some long lists! mine only has one idea, and it kind of incoorporates all of the ideas in the other posts, but you could interview yourself at the front of your album and then have all of the individial lo like in the posts above after the interview page. You could get really detailed in your interview as well as just the basics.

Guru
In response to reeree012

I have absolutely NO pictures of me more than about 18 months old. However I'm considering starting one of these covering my life from the present on forward. I like the lists and will come back and write down some of the ideas at a later time when I've got something more than scratch paper to write on. I just picked up an album at GoodWill not long ago that I paid 99 cents for that I can use.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to moodymolly

I'm completely out of photos of self, but I continue - my BOM is interspersed with pages that are strictly journaling, recounting stories of my youth. My first BOM covered the first 25 years of my life, my second BOM from age 26 to 50 (present), so I guess I'm ready to start my 3rd. The main reason I started scrapping in the first place was to preserve my own memories, just in case - I may need these books to help me piece together my own past in my old age! Mom has the Big "A", so I guess that was what was on my mind.

I've also completed about 12 or so albums of themes other than self so you don't think I'm a total narcissist!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Kalamela

I love all of the ideas I have read on here about the Book of Me. I think I may do this in 2010 once I complete the Project 365.

BlessedGloria
Veteran
BlessedGloria
In response to Kalamela

Great Ideas!!!

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to BlessedGloria

thanks for all the great ideas. I am going to start working on a BOM!

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 05-05-09 06:30 PM
In response to jnifr

I love this thread! I've been toying with this BOM idea for awhile now. One idea I read about was to try to remember every house you have ever lived in, & try to remember something about each place. I have quite a few pictures that were my parents' of places we lived when I was growing up. I can even remember quite a few of the addresses. Try to write down at least one memory of each place, & what you liked or disliked most about each place.

Page 8 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics