Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
BlytheEcho
New Kid On the Block
BlytheEcho
In response to cjellis1999

Hi....I just wanted to say that this is a great site with so many helpful tips/hints for a newbie!! I have spent the last 2 weeks checking these forums everyday picking up ideas for LO and tools, etc. Thankyou to everyone for being so helpful!! I finally did my first LO today (YAY!!!) and I posted a photo of it. Let me know what you guys think please... I get inspiration in my dreams: I think about this stuff so much I dream about it! LOL

Thanks again for all of the info and help!

cepebpo99999
New Kid On the Block
cepebpo99999
In response to cjellis1999

Hi everyone! It's my first steps into a scrapbooking.So I don't know what to do!How can i start scrapping today. I want create my first excellent scrapbook. Please help

twinkiejo
New Kid On the Block
twinkiejo
In response to Josieg

I am sort of new to scrapbooking and I need expert advise on a scrapbooker's necessity. I used a cricut recently and loved it, but it was limited to only the cartridges that you had. I have been reading about the silhoette and it seems to have more options and stuff than the cricut. Can someone here give me some feed back as to what they liked and disliked about each one of them.
Thanks

nettiefire102
New Kid On the Block
nettiefire102
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hi all! Wow so thrilled I found this site! Anyway I am a definite beginner! I've been searching LO's and well my past two scrapbooks looks like I sneezed stickers compared to all the other LO's I've seen so back to the drawing board, I want to redo my youngest baby scrapbook its aweful! LOL...Anyway thrilled to have found this site!!!

sunshine17
New Kid On the Block
sunshine17
In response to Josieg

Thanks to everyone on this site for all your kind word and your inspiriation. It's really good to know im not the only "CRAZY SCRAPBOOKER" in the world "so my famiy say's.LO!

sunshine17
New Kid On the Block
sunshine17
In response to BlytheEcho

CONGRATULATIONS!!! girlfriend it only get's better I am SO! where you are my kid's cant keep me out the store everytime I think of a new idea i want to go back to the store. I guess my addvise to you is make a list of the thing's you need before you leave the house take it with you and stick to it! it help me from being overwhelmed with all the good stuff that's out there Have Fun!

Edited by sunshine17 on 07-28-09 02:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

thank you so much.... i really need to go shopping!! Also i was wondering what to you start with doing?

New Kid On the Block
In response to ScrapGirl20

I just joined this site and am a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start...LOL.

I am new to the hobby and am really not sure what I am doing but hope to learn lots here.

Kind of intimidating being the "new kid on the block"

SeeMelissaScrap
New Kid On the Block
SeeMelissaScrap
In response to nettiefire102

It is crazy to look back at my first albums and see how scary my pages are, but I wouldn't redo them at all, because it is good to see your progress as you get better - and you WILL get better. Keep going and don't worry about what you did when you first began.

Melissa

SeeMelissaScrap
New Kid On the Block
SeeMelissaScrap
In response to cepebpo99999

Start by getting the basic supplies. I would suggest buying at Walmart. They have great products to get you started and they are less expensive. Get a paper trimmer- this is your most expensive, Try a mixed media pack by Best Occasions at Walmart, this includes your paper, some stickers, frames, tags and alphabets, phrases. ALso get the herma adhesive- it is great! Get an archival black pen by ZIG. And lastley some fun stickers, a pack of buttons, some ribbon and an album!

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Melissa

crystald81
Resident
crystald81

I had a just a simple question since i'm new to the scrapbooking world.....what would be the best brand of punchies to use since i am working on a ladybug page

Jaycie6
Tenant
Jaycie6
In response to crystald81

I'm new here as well. Accidentally but happily stumbled across this site yesterday!

I was excited to see that there's sooo much to read and learn here! I'm just starting to scrapbook, along with my niece, and trying to not feel overwhelmed and intimidated. LOL!

ARB 
New Kid On the Block
  • ARB on 09-17-09 03:25 PM

Ok! I am new at this and just signed up. Where do I start? I want to make layouts but have know idea how? I uploaded some pics. Somebody, HELP!!!

ehodges82
New Kid On the Block
ehodges82
In response to Josieg

Hi all. I'm new to the site. I love browsing the galleries! There are some really great ideas here. This is a great site. I love it!

New Kid On the Block

I'm new to scrapbooking and have a bunch of Sizzix orginal dies, do I have to get the orginal machine or can I use them in the BigShot

loveonlytk1
New Kid On the Block
loveonlytk1
In response to Josieg

Hello my fellow Scrappers!

First off, I am so happy that I found this site. Alas, I have been looking for other Scrapbooker to share and express my interest.

I am new to scrapbooking, I have been doing this for about a year( off/on).
Finally, I found something that does not cause my hips to spread,The kids would eat nor the doctor would have to tell me I need to quit.
I'm so excited until I am over whelmed.

loveonlytk1
New Kid On the Block
loveonlytk1
In response to scrappinmyson

Hi scrappinmyson,
Like you, I am a newbie, I have tried some of the adhesive that the other ladies mention. My favorite is the repositioning glue stick. That way, if I make an error, I can change it. I also like the glue dots.

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to loveonlytk1

Hello to all !~ I'm new to the site and to the world of scrapbooking. I've spent a few weeks absorbing all the info I can. Now I should probably attempt a page.

viona
viona 
New Kid On the Block
viona
  • viona on 11-06-09 12:16 AM
In response to scraparella

hi my name is Viona and I don't know much about scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who scrapbooks can anyone help me

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to viona

• viona Said:
hi my name is Viona and I don't know much about scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who scrapbooks can anyone help me

I suggest you start by looking at the videos you can find here. Look in the toolbar up top and click on videos. Also check out the classes and resources in the tool bar. You will find a lot of information there.

You can also ask questions here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics