Page 2 of 17 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hey everyone! I'm new as well, but I'm completely addicted. I am getting overwhelmed by all the fun embellishments and stickers and such. I wanted to know what people thought the best adhesive is to use for putting buttons and things like that on your pages???

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to TiffanyT

Glue dots! (really small ones -- don't get ones that are too thick -- one of my many mistakes!)

ladygambler
New Kid On the Block
ladygambler
In response to Josieg

hi my name is jenny and I don't know much about scrapbooking and I don't know anyone who scrapbooks can anyone help my major problem so far is trying to keep everthing organized.

scrappycheryl
New Kid On the Block
scrappycheryl
In response to scrappinmyson

I am new too!! Went to my first scrapbook party Friday night, I was overwhelmed. I live in Jax, Fl and we have a store here that is HUGE. I spent more time looking and feeling confused at all of the papers, tools, gadgets (most of which I new nothing about!). I made two page that I do not want to show anyone! I am on a mission though....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scrappycheryl

I use Zots for adhering buttons. They come in different sizes and you can get them here at the superstore.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

rcneale
New Kid On the Block
rcneale
In response to Josieg

I finally got some real tools to begin scrapping. I am pretty new but my Mom does the most amazing books. She came out for Thanksgiving and we did a page together because my former pages looked like my 9 month old did it:) I am having a lot of fun and appreciate all of the tips and advice on this site...thank you all

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Wow! I have scrapbooked a little before but I think all of my stuff looks stupid but oh well

Aapple4steph
New Kid On the Block
Aapple4steph
In response to Scrapbook_Geek1215

Hello Everyone

I dapple in scrapbooking, I'm also new at this, and I love it. I tried to do a little by myself, and I think that my pages look to plain. I like a lot of color, not to drown out the color of the picture but just enough to make it stand out. Something on the order of someone saying Wooooo Haaaaaaa!!!!!! I hope this scrapbooking journey will help me be one of the best.

lilyrose
Pro
lilyrose
In response to Aapple4steph

Welcome to sb.com. I am sure you will enjoy this site. You can get lots of ideas and inspiration by browsing the galleries.I know I did.

hollybearsmom
Resident
hollybearsmom
In response to lilyrose

How do I subscribe to a topic? Thank you.

CindyRox
Pro
CindyRox
In response to hollybearsmom

Hi everybody! My name is Cindy and I am a New Kid on the Block too! So far I am still in the learning process, but I can tell I already love scrapping. I'm starting off with the Scrapbooking Guide 1. I also want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes I have gotten.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Josieg

JosieG,
I have been scrapping only about a year. If I may give another newbie a huge bit of advice. Don't let yourself get so caught up in "collecting supplies" that you never use them or seldom use them. Not only is it a huge hit on your pocketbook, but you will also run out of storage space for all your goodies and supplies.
I made that mistake of collecting supplies left and right. After a year of scrapping I only have on album done. I have now decided that I must get so many pages done before I allow myself to buy anymore "cool supplies."
( And boy does SB.com make it tough!)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I completely agree with the following that was posted earlier. New scrappers need to read this !!

First and foremost, Rule Number One.

There Is No WRONG!!!

Your pages are just that - YOUR pages. This isn't a race, it's a journey....a journey towards capturing memories and moments that are important to YOU!

LaurieB971
New Kid On the Block
LaurieB971
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hi everyone. I am new to scrapbooking and honestly don't know where to start . I was so glad to find this site

miss.krystalmarie
New Kid On the Block
miss.krystalmarie
In response to Josieg

relax it takes time once you do one page of a scrapbook you cant stop it awesome

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to miss.krystalmarie

I'm kinda new to scrapping, but I'm new to this site. I've been scrapping a year but I think I'm more overwhelmed with this site. lol it's going to take a while to learn my way around.

and hello to scrappycheryl! I'm from Jax too!

designlife4me
Resident
designlife4me
In response to London

I agree. This site is a little overwhelming, but, just like with scrapbooking, once you start, it's hard to stop. Be sure to check out others' "My Place" and invite them to your friends list. Get a little community of your own started. It will help encourage you in your own scrapbooking efforts.

startscrappin
New Kid On the Block
startscrappin
In response to designlife4me

Hi, I am new here and also to scrapbooking! I'm glad I found this site...I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm not a very "crafty" kind of person but would really like to start putting together some nice keepsakes for my 3 daughters! I have just started purchaseing some items such as stickers, photo safe glue, albums, and some colorful pages. If anyone has absolute favorites on anything they use for their scrapbooks, I would love to hear what they are!

caseyleigh
Tenant
caseyleigh
In response to startscrappin

Hi ,
I am caseyleigh I live in MI too the upper part Northren mi!!! I am trying figure is out too!! Maybe we can figure it together!! So what part of MI are you in? e-mail back sometime!!! Have a Happy New year and be careful out there too take care.
your friend in the U.P
caseyleigh

craziboutscrappin
Tenant
craziboutscrappin
In response to caseyleigh

I have a question don't know if this is the place for it but here it goes.

I don't understand what do you use for layouts is it cardstock or printed paper or both that you use to make the dimensional look on some layouts? Thank in advance

Page 2 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics