Page 17 of 17 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
New Kid On the Block
In response to jeffrey_silva

Hello....Like most of you I am new to scrapbooking. I've put away my knitting and counted cross stitch and am itching to get started on this new hobby.
I've been reading a lot and watching some on-line videos trying to get a handle on how to begin and have come to the conclsion that I'll just jump in !!
I've bought some low cost supplies and my first album and am ready to start.
Scrapbook.com is a great site, I'm so glad I found it.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to harley0627

If you haven't already, sign up for the learn to scrapbook class - that will give you some great basics.

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
JosieG,
I have been scrapping only about a year. If I may give another newbie a huge bit of advice. Don't let yourself get so caught up in "collecting supplies" that you never use them or seldom use them. Not only is it a huge hit on your pocketbook, but you will also run out of storage space for all your goodies and supplies.
I made that mistake of collecting supplies left and right. After a year of scrapping I only have on album done. I have now decided that I must get so many pages done before I allow myself to buy anymore "cool supplies."
( And boy does SB.com make it tough!)

Is sooo true what you said about supplies. I purchase a lot and when I do I always think that kind of paper, sticker or whatever will be what will make a difference. But the truth is the struggle is bigger because now I have more items to use and I get lost...

Edited by DANI.BMM on 09-09-13 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to designlife4me

• designlife4me Said:
I agree. This site is a little overwhelming, but, just like with scrapbooking, once you start, it's hard to stop. Be sure to check out others' "My Place" and invite them to your friends list. Get a little community of your own started. It will help encourage you in your own scrapbooking efforts.

Does MY PLace still exist?

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to MomWolf

I just want to say its really reassuring seeing a person that considers onself as non-creative, but looking at the year you join and by the numbers of posts I do really have salvation!

• MomWolf Said:
Thank you so much for providing the list! I've walked into the scrapbooking area of my local craft store, purchased a blank album and some "baby girl patterned pages" and wanted to start a book for my daughter (who is now 16 yrs old). I brought it home and was dumbfounded as to how to start the book. After watching all of the shows on TV and all the neat pages they come up with, I wrote myself off as being non-creative and said "forget it!" and put the book aside. My close girlfriend at work made a book with a few pages in it for me for this Christmas, and left plenty of blank pages and embellishments for me to finish the book. So......I am now looking for tips to finish her book and also the one for my daughter. Hopefully I can be inspired by others on this site and become creative. :smile :

DANI.BMM
Veteran
DANI.BMM
In response to Patti Sylvia

Thanks for translating. I was having a hard time trying to understand those abreviations.

Just found a page w/ the abreviations:
Abreviation List

• Patti Sylvia Said:
ACU = all caught up....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are all caught up looking at all other lo's in the challenge.

JCI = just checking in....mostly used in the challenges meaning you are just checking in to see if there have been any new posts to the challenge.

Edited by DANI.BMM on 09-09-13 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Thanks for the encouragement! I am afraid I have my irons in too many fires. I do so many types of crafts in one small room it is hard to prioritize.

Scrapbooking is new to me and my main problem is the large tote of photos I have to sort. I also have photos in old photo albums from 30 years old on. How do I save these photos? Some stick as I take them out of the old albums.

Thanks

Open

Lisa1988
Tenant
Lisa1988
In response to MaiziesMom

Someone mentioned in another post about a glue remover to rescue photo's from wear from adhesive..I can't remember it but I'm sure someone will read this and know what I'm babbling on about lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Lisa1988

LOL Lisa! It's called Un-du.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Lisa1988
Tenant
Lisa1988
In response to RedSquirrel

Well I knew I wasn't crazy, harder to convince strangers lol :)

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to KnSmith

I have found when I went shopping I had to focus on my project cause I would have liked to buy everything in the store. LOL

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to DANI.BMM

DawinAz,

I'm a new scrapbooker too and I can understand the difficulty in just focusing on what you need when shopping. I had to focus on my project and what it needed and I still think I didn't buy enough. I am looked at other scrapbookers work and I find myself saying I need more items.

Hcabuffy

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to hcabuffy

I'm trying to reply to certain people but when I click on the reply for that person it seems I am reply to someone different. Am i doing something wrong?

hcabuffy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to hcabuffy

You want to hit the reply button above the post you're responding to.

hcabuffy
New Kid On the Block
hcabuffy
In response to hcabuffy

aquabunny,

Thanks for the tip. Let see if this works.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi all I'm completly new to scrapbooking
I like what the lady said about there not being no wrong. I was just wondering if there is tips or advice any help would be much appricated.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to apriljade

Look up top - under Classes. The Learn to Scrapbook class would probably be helpful!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone how are you all doing? I'm excited to get started. I love seeing the work that has been done thus far, and even though it looks overwhelming I cant wait until I become as skilled as you all.

Page 17 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics