Page 1 of 17 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Welcome!!!

I'd like to offer few places to begin your "scrap journey".....

First and foremost, Rule Number One.

There Is No WRONG!!!

Your pages are just that - YOUR pages. This isn't a race, it's a journey....a journey towards capturing memories and moments that are important to YOU!

Whether you scrap in chronological order, or scrap what pics the mood strikes. Whether you're a fan of simplicity, or you must have the latest and greatest...

It's YOUR work. Be proud of it!

There IS The Janitor's Rule #2, tho. Don't Bleed on the Bazzill . If you cut yourself. Which of course I never do.

There are a couple of useful pages on the site to help you get started. In the Superstore, there's a list of suggested items:

Beginners Page

Even if you don't purchase these specific items, it's a good quick reference for what you need to get going!

A more in-depth look at essentials is found in this great article by Jill:

Essentials List

Not only what you may need, but WHY....

There are also a couple of spots around the neighborhood that you might find helpful in getting around Scrapbook.com, as well:

New Users Forum

My Place Tutorial

So, sit back, explore, and enjoy your journey! There's no such thing as a silly question - and your neighbors are here to help!

KnSmith
Tenant
KnSmith
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Thank you for that! I have sat here and brainstormed myself while I look on here...LOL now I need to go shopping! Thanks!

scrappinmyson
New Kid On the Block
scrappinmyson
In response to KnSmith

Hey everyone I'm really new at this, can someone tell me what the best adhesives are and pardon my ignorance.....what is a cropping party?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scrappinmyson

Hi Scrappinmyson! Welcome to the neighborhood. The best adhesive for you comes down to personal preference. I've found that what one person likes, another person can't stand! My favorites are a tape runner and glue dots/glue lines, my Xyron 150, my Zig glue pen for touch ups and small spots, and pop dots. I use them all, depending on what I am adhering.

A cropping party is when a group of scrapbookers get together and crop their own pages. They often meet at a lss (local scrapbook store ) or at someone's house. They are very social, and always seem to involve food!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Hi Scrappinmyson! There is no ignorance here. We are all here to help one another and we are glad you have joined our neighborhood. Everyone here is a friendly bunch!

Everyone seems to have their own opinion of what the best adhesive is and I am counting on "everyone" to jump in and tell you theirs! Mine is Xyron (LOVE the X and the 500 model!) I also use basic plain doublesided photo mounts (in a box of 750 for between $2-4).

Cropping parties are where people gather to spend a bit of time working on layouts and learning/teaching new techniques. Many LSS's and Michaels too have coprring nights. They are worth going to if you've never been to one. Some scrapbook companies, like Creative Memories, have workshops and crop parties hosted by their consultants. I believe Stampin Up works this way too. Those are great for seeing new product and learning new techniques too.

scrappinmyson
New Kid On the Block
scrappinmyson
In response to Shutterbugg

Thanks guys! I can't believe how nice everyone is on this site!

Con
Con 
Tenant
Con
  • Con on 09-24-06 03:58 PM

Hi, just wanted to say hi and let you know that
I'm new here too and I'm still new to scrapbooking.
I like what Megan said about there is no wrong!
My pages are still not that good but they are
getting better, but we need to remember they are our pictures and our memories so they can'nt be
wrong now can they. This is a great place to get
help. And everyone is so nice. Welcome Con

Tanya_Fox
Veteran
Tanya_Fox
In response to Con

Welcome Con. Glad you joined us.

sportsmom1
Pro
sportsmom1
In response to Tanya_Fox

Hi! I am also new to the neighborhood. I love scraping and can honestly say I am addicted!! I use several different adhesives depending on what I am useing it for! Good luck and have fun!!

crsiah
crsiah 
Veteran
crsiah

Welcome to the world of scrapbooking, like everyone that has replied to your post, I just wanted to say that my favorites are the 3M Scotch brand tape pen for repositioning photos and embellishments. I also use glue dots if I want demension and my Xyron adhesive machine. Just like the other posts that said a cropping party is when a group of scrapbookers get together and work on their layout pages and they share ideas and tips and techniques. Valorie

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 10-24-06 04:47 AM. Reason for edit: No links, please!

jascaragirl
Idol
jascaragirl
In response to crsiah

I am also new here. Its so nice to be able to have a place like this one for help! Thanks for the tips.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine

Hi there,

I agree that the best adhesives are the ones Creative Memories sells. They just improved their tape runner and it is great. They also have a mini tape runner, a photo tape and my personal favorites - the Frosted Splits. I'm a consultant and as of November 1st, if you order anything on my website, it would be shipped directly to your home. Come and check it out

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 10-24-06 04:47 AM. Reason for edit: No links, please!

New Kid On the Block
In response to jascaragirl

My very first post! I am new too! I have never made a scrap page and have no idea how to start! I have had one in my head for weeks, but have not been able to get it onto paper! Stamping is so much simplier!

crsiah
crsiah 
Veteran
crsiah
In response to inkieroo

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes, this is a wonderful site. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I love reading all of the helpful posts. You know, there are a lot of web sites that have a layout gallery of some sort. I know that when I started scrapbooking, that is where I got most of my ideas. I printed a lot of them out on my printer and put them into a binder. I also buy magazines and books for my ideas as well. When I have pictures that I want to make a layout of, I am one that has to research the type of layout I want to use. Right now I am wanting to make a coalition layout for my son's deployment to Afghanistan. I know what papers I want to use, but I am searching for the perfect idea for the layouts. So....I continue searching everyone's ideas until I find the perfect layout idea. Now you know, we all have blocks at one time or another!!!

Valorie

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 10-24-06 04:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crsiah
crsiah 
Veteran
crsiah
In response to Con

I remember my first scrapbook that I made. I have a hard time not tearing it apart and starting over!!! I guess we all get better with time and practice. My daughter said that if I redid her scrapbook she would be mad. She thinks it is beautiful even if I don't.

Valorie

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 10-24-06 04:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MoScrappin'
New Kid On the Block
MoScrappin'
In response to crsiah

According to your lists, I have a really good start on my supplies! My friends got me started with some cool scissors and albums, and I have been visiting some local scrapbook "yardsales" where I have run into some really good deals. My Mom invited me to my very first crop next weekend - I am excited!

Crystal J
Resident
Crystal J

I am new to the site and scrapping too! I started about 4 months ago when my son was about a month old. After looking at some of galleries I was like, OH MY!!! They put my little book to shame! Thanks for reminding me that they are my memories and precious pictures of my sweet baby boy!

~Crystal

Izziebear
New Kid On the Block
Izziebear
In response to Crystal J

Hi, I am new to this also, have been registered for a while but not posted much! I have been collecting things for years but just really got into scrapping about two years ago! A little over a year ago we started our own scrap club and meet once a month on the first Sunday of the month! It is woking out well for all of us, we work much more on our books, there are two of us who meet more often and do go to CM's crops every few months.
CM's NEW tape runner is the greatest!

Izziebear

Nicoleharper
Tenant
Nicoleharper
In response to Izziebear

Thank's for all the info. I am new to this as well and I'm totaly addicted. I'm on book #3 one of which is finished ( I ran out of pictures).

Josieg
Josieg 
New Kid On the Block
Josieg

I am very new and finding alot of info out there. I am getting VERY overwhelmed. I am buying products right and left. Just not sure how to put everything together. HELP!

Page 1 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics