Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
New Kid On the Block
In response to rockmom

Hi, I am a newbie to scrapbooking. I have navigated and learned so much from the site. I am ready to start on my first book.

sinisterspackle
New Kid On the Block
sinisterspackle
In response to rockmom

Hello I guess that my being new to the wonderful world of scrapbooking goes without saying. I never thought I could make a book - always just pushed the idea aside when I walked passed that particular aisle of the craft stores - until I got some inspiration. A reason to make a book that would mean something to me. /cheese

Anyway - here I am I'm looking forward to getting comfortable around here!

posh101
New Kid On the Block
posh101
In response to sinisterspackle

Hello, I'm also new here... I enjoyed reading through and learning at the same time.

Great neighborhood!

Lilie305
New Kid On the Block
Lilie305
In response to posh101

OK I'm completely new to scrapbooking but when you've got 4 kids and plain generic "baby books" that don't grow with your kids it's hard to find something that you want. I decided on scrapbooking for a number of reasons A) can grow with them B) seriously need time to myself and C) just really, really need something to do to sray busy. LOL

jtavarez8529
New Kid On the Block
jtavarez8529
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone. like most of you, i am also new at this. im starting to get into digital scrapbooking, so im completey confused. but i know this website definitely comes in handy. i would like to thank you guys for being so friendly! thanks!

New Kid On the Block
In response to jtavarez8529

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm new to scrap-booking or not!
I've always loved collage, calligraphy and documenting stories and experiences into something you can touch, feel and share. I never thought of myself as a scrap booker, but perhaps I am!

I'm really interested in exploring the scrapbook world further - in part for myself and also because I'm the new communications bunny at zbeckybrown. I've seen scrapbookers make fantastic use of our products to display their work and want to make sure we have ways of listening to creative folks like yourselves.

Happy creating, this seems like a great community.

Liz

New Kid On the Block
In response to zbeckybrown

I should add, I'll mostly lurk as zbeckybrown sells products and I don't want to violate your participation rules and promote things when I shouldn't be! If anyone uses one of their bags to show off their work and would like to be featured on our website they can get in touch by e-mailing liz@zbeckybrown.com

LittleScraps
New Kid On the Block
LittleScraps
In response to Josieg

Good afternoon all..Im new here and new to scrapping...
I have always been crafty..haha... and just never really got into it.. Untill i made a few albums and then decided it was a great hobbie...
I have been shopping and bought a few things..bits and pieces..and now im HOOKED>... oh no says mu Hubby,.lol..

I am glad to be here and cant wait to share my ideas and get some in help and ideas in return...

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to LittleScraps

Newbie here! I've been shopping around & picking up tools here & there. I don't know what it was but, a few weeks ago something clicked & I wanted to start scrapbooking badly!! Hubby is behind me 100% and is currently designing my 1/2 of our craft 'studio' (4th bdrm). Can't wait!
I appreciate all the tips & all the guidance offered on this site! I'm currently trying to decide which die cutter to buy - Cuttlebug or Sizzix Big Shot. I love the idea of embossing!
Thanks again for all of your knowledge & wisdom any of you wish to pass along!
I can't wait to show my FIRST page!!!

tmbyers
New Kid On the Block
tmbyers
In response to KayMCee

Hi, I am new to this great hobby also. I have gone through the gallery many times....so much inspiration. I have so much to learn. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to tmbyers

Hi Everyone. I am fairly new to scrapbooking. I have to say I have become addicted to it. I have been on SB a lot looking at galleries and forums. I have been inspired. I look forward to getting to know the SB family. I have posted some layouts, please let me know what you think. Great to meet you all!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to lojay7

Hi girls,
I am new here and what's more I am writing from Poland. I started scrapbooking a year ago making an album for my sister and her husband who visited Poland for the first time.

I am very impresed with all those tools you have for your crafting. I've got some papers and punches from my sis and that's great.
More and more girls in Poland start scrapbooking but still we don't have that much staff like you do.
I started my first album by covering pages with .....wall papers. That was great fun.
All the best to all of you.

PS My English isn't excellent and I'm not very good at computers but I will try my best

travln1
Tenant
travln1
In response to tereska

Hi all,

I'm new here, too. Completely green with pretty much no idea where to start. I have a 3.5 year old daughter who I take pictures of constantly, so I'd like to start scrapbooking.

I don't have much to start, but I know this is something I can really get into. I will document this learning process on my blog.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

"Hi! Thanks for that post. I believe I understand what you wanna say."

Quick and Easy Computer Scrapbooking
Link

bedzia1891
New Kid On the Block
bedzia1891
In response to ComputerScrapbooking

Hi Everyone !
I am new to scrapbooking This sunday..on Valentine's Day..my boyfriend took me to Michaels and bought a HUGE present...he knew i really wanted to start scrapbooking so he took me there to shop a little. He bough me a scrapbook and all kinds of embellishments for it ...I'm soooo happy and thankful and cant wait to get started I just have one quick question...what adhesive is best to buy for scrapbooking that I'll be able to use not only for photos but gluing things onto my pages ?
Thank you !!!

bedzia1891
New Kid On the Block
bedzia1891
In response to tereska

Czesc !
Jestem z Polski..ale mieszkam w USA hihi dopiero co zaczynam scrapbooking...nie moge sie doczekac jak juz bede miala pierwszy skaczony album
Pozdrawiam !!

munirz 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

hi

DanielIam
New Kid On the Block
DanielIam
In response to Josieg

Hi I am new to this forum and to Scrapbooking so I will have some questions I am sure along the way. There is a lot of information on here but sometimes I like to get feed back from more than one source. Its a bad habit but it does help with some things.

FreddaO
Expert
FreddaO
In response to Hemlock Lollipop

Well you may find it easier to pick a photo and design your LO around that photo. This way your colors in the photo and LO coordinate and dont clash. Also, you will want your embellishments to match as well.

FreddaO
Expert
FreddaO
In response to DanielIam

welcome! and Happy Scrapping!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics