Page 16 of 18 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

This sounds like a fun idea! You've inspired me to do the same.

Edited by Scrapbook Bliss on 07-25-12 01:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for the help and booster to get going, and thanks for pointing out that there is no wrong. I will never forget that when I'm scrapbooking!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Josieg

I am new to the scrapbooking too. I decided to try and find a new creative way to spice up my photos a bit. Since I got alot of old family photos from both sides of my family. I ralize I'll be a simple scrapbooker. I am thinking of getting some of Tim Holtz products they will be great to go along with my family albums. Since I like history and the type of guy that like old rusty looking things, lol. I am more of a photographer and photoshop/ painting guy. But I am just trying new ways to get back in the creative mood. Since I enjoy family history. I thought why not take some of the old family photos and make a simple layout and some information about that person on the page. So that what turn me to scrapbook and to this site to get some ideas.

New Kid On the Block
In response to justartguy007

I'm really new to scrapbooking, I've always wanted to do it but never had anything to do it with. But recently I have gained lots of... well... all sorts! So I'm going to start my first project soon! I was sorting through some of the things I was given and found a few of the couples wedding invitations (well, the printed parts), and I was thinking as a thank you I would make a scrap page for them using one of the invites, and a matching thank you card. I have NO idea what I'll do in terms of design but if you have any ideas please, let me know :D!
I'm thinking my projects will more be like a life story, I'm so excited to get started!

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to Angelbeard

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say HI to all the new comers!! I remember how daunting it all seems but in no time at all you will pick up all the slag and abbreviations!! Welcome to SB.com!!
Renee

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Renee305

Hi Newbies!! If you look in the store there kits that have items that go together to make a page or a scrap book. you can use words like 'wedding' to get specifically what you want. Sometimes it takes patience to find what you are looking for but the store can help so much. Be sure to use the wish list so you can sort of set the idea aside till payday...that's what I do any way Have fun here and there are many people to help with questions too!

Diva
In response to catzscrapper

Welcome! I love tha many ideas that this palce provides you with! It is amazing!

etochto
New Kid On the Block
etochto
In response to bayamonesa1

Hello!

My name is Yulia! I am beginner and new on this site! I would be happy to get any help to start scrapbooking (shops, brends, styles etc...). If somebody lives close to Biddinghuisen ready to get new friends.

blondiern72
New Kid On the Block
blondiern72
In response to etochto

I am just getting started and have done 2 VERY simple books. I am looking forward to exploring my creativity and appreciate any help anyone is willing to give to a newbie. Thanks in advance!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hi, I'm new to scrapbooking. I'm so new I haven't even started my first page yet. I have, however, bought some supplies including paper and cardstock and hope to start my first page tomorrow.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to srb85260

I have been papercrafting for several years. I wanted to let everyone know that I still get lots of good advice from the free classes and tips. I have always been terrible at setting eyelets... just such a klutz. A 2 minute video here really energized me to give it another try and finally get it right. Bottom line... if you don't have classes near you or scrappy friends... You can get all the help you need here at this wonderful place.

luvleyLV
New Kid On the Block
luvleyLV

"Thank you" for all the new ideas and suggestion on getting started I appreciate ALL advice I can get! still need to get ideas and simple ways to create without fustrations! lol I will keep on reading blogs and ideas from everyone here!

ponny
ponny 
New Kid On the Block
ponny
  • ponny on 03-14-13 04:23 AM
In response to Josieg

hi evryone! i am also very new to this site to I have never made a scrap page and have no idea how to start!and thanks for all for such a good info, thankx you

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

Thank you for your comments about "there is no wrong way to scrapbook". I just got back from a retreat where I looked around and it seemed that everyone else's pages looked better than mine. I've been cropping for years, but just recently am getting serious about it. I think what I need to do is "refine" my style (simple, but elegant). My mats are too wide and I need to look at some sketches for new ideas. Anyway, thanks for all the information on this site!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

Hello everyone I am brand new and very unsure. I purchased a colorbok fabric scrapbook and it only has page protectors what do I use for a ground page for this?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to jenna55771

Jenna -

You might benefit from signing up for the free email classes....a lot of info to get you started.

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/index.php

eva.lowery
Resident
eva.lowery

I loved those email classes and receiving them every day was very exciting. Once I was literally waiting for it like it was a very important letter. Lol
But anyways they were very helpful for me so thank you for making them free and available for everybody.

marox 
New Kid On the Block
  • marox on 06-17-13 10:15 AM
In response to Josieg

my interest in scrapbooking was accidental. in our 4th year wedding anniversary (which was june 14) i wanted to surprise my husband. a greeting card bores me. i spotted a magazine and started to flip the pages and thought of a personalized card. and guess what? i created a two 24x12 card. so big huh! my husband loved it! i've collected some essentials over the weekend. im just so excited! i love the adhesive suggestions. i used glue stick. i noticed the cut-outs started to detach. so i need to re-touched them.

Anjwld 
New Kid On the Block
In response to marox

Hi y'all! I'm new to scrapbooking sort of. I dabbled in it many years ago but just really didn't get it to it back then. But recently my youngest daughter got engaged and we started looking at invitation and I thought I could make these and make them more special and personal, not so generic looking. And that is how I got hooked! I've made a baby card, birthday card and a sympathy card so far but really simple designs. This looked like a wonderful place to start learning more and make some friends along the way! So here I am!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Josieg

I am new to this forum,thanks a lot for all the information it is very helpful.

Page 16 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics