Page 5 of 18 
Username Post: Getting Started.....        (Topic#1377371)
iralamija
Guru
iralamija
In response to hollybearsmom

thanks for the tips

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to TiffanyT

Yes, I also like to use pop up foam square dots. Once I used a glue dot that was too big, tried to cut it with my regular scissors, then spent 10 minutes trying to get the "sticky" off of the scissors...thus I went back to the store to buy teflon scissors. I have also used extra strength glue stick before, and it just needs time to dry.

JanineUofMichigan
New Kid On the Block
JanineUofMichigan
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hello to everyone here. I am brand new to this site and am very excited to get "scrapbookin" I am hoping to get some ideas, HELP, and engage in posting with other's. Thanks again!

JanineUofMichigan
New Kid On the Block
JanineUofMichigan
In response to JanineUofMichigan

Does anyone know where i might be able to purchase a scrapbooking starter kit? (with the album and all of the goodies) Let me know. Thanks bunches

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 07-12-07 11:49 AM

They have them everywhere. Walmart has 8x8 and 12x12. Some are themed (animals, baby, wedding, garden, other are more general). I've seen them online and at Hobby Lobby and other stores.

lciaccio31
Resident
lciaccio31

I have noticed that you can get sets with the book and all at Michaels. They can be pricey but Michaels always has that 40% off coupon in their weekly add, I have bought a few kits on clearance from $39. down to $9. Can't beat that!

New Kid On the Block

Please excuse me for my lack of knowledge, but i would like to know what exactly scrapping involves, i stumbled across this site by chance and it looks really cool!

thanks e-l

SABRAT
SABRAT 
New Kid On the Block
SABRAT
In response to emzie-lou

Hey everyone! I am looking for ideas for a prayer journal. Has anyone tackled that one before? Our pastor's wife had one and she was going to share it with me before they left (they got moved) but we didn't get to get together. I would love to do one but have no idea where to start. Any help would be great!
Thanks!

cats69
cats69 
New Kid On the Block
cats69

i am finding is it, to pick colours to work together and choosing the right photos i have so many favourts i dont know wot to do can u help me plz from cat

cats69
cats69 
New Kid On the Block
cats69
In response to Josieg

i am finding it hard getting started coz of picking colours and picking the right photo well all of it really can anyone help me??

Bartemous Black
Guru
Bartemous Black
In response to emzie-lou

Wow, that's a loaded question. I guess the best way to answer it is to tell you to view the galleries to see what people are doing. Scrapping could be making cards (greeting cards like birthday, wedding, etc.), memory books or just pages to use your photos in creative ways. Many of us have boxes of photographs that would just sit in a box rather than get viewed if we didn't scrap. By scrapbooking, you add a story to your photographs. Some journal (write short stories to describe the photo), some just add stickers and embellishments (ribbons, flowers, etc.)

You can check out my site, I'm a newbie and use basic layouts. This site refers to layouts as LO. Sometimes the jargon can get confusing. Don't be afraid to ask. Everybody has to start someplace. There are thousands of pages posted and if you give it a try, I just know you will love it.

Just click on my picture and it will take you to my pages. Enjoy

Au3 
New Kid On the Block
  • Au3 on 08-07-07 01:56 AM
In response to craziboutscrappin

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself since i'm a newbie tot the site.

I just finished my first album.
Although you can clearly see it's not done by a pro, I still think it's beautifull.

I started out completely wrong (didn't know exactly what scrapping was), but learned a lot during the process.

In search of tips, I stumbled upon this amazing website. Since I'm allready hooked on scrapping (and still don't know what i'm doing half the time) i joined immediatly.

raspberry
Tenant
raspberry
In response to Josieg

I have a place to go if you want to go digital and just want to try some kits for free. It has several kits with everything you need to make your designs. Check it out at:
http://www.raspberryroaddesigns.blogspot.com

ELLIE52
Tenant
ELLIE52

The getting started forum is great, i finally got my page and pic to look the way i wanted and now i am working down one section at a time. thanks again for the help

ELLIE52
Tenant
ELLIE52
In response to Nicoleharper

Hello fellow ohioian!!
I am a newbie too, I think i am getting the hang of getting around my place finally. I havent posted yet because I trying to take picture with an older camera ( hoping santa will bring a new one for christmas I working by pages themes and will book them later. So right now I am scrapping my brothers military and travel pics , my great niece and nephew (3 months!)lives , a special aunt that passed in 2006 that i am still working though the grief. So I can switch off and never be bored!! What part of Ohio? Please stay in touch

MACI 
New Kid On the Block
  • MACI on 09-22-07 12:07 PM

TARGET has a nice selection. Maci

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to Josieg

That is what I love about it. It's my ideas and that there is no wrong way to it. Thanks for that.

rettastar
New Kid On the Block
rettastar
In response to navyaowife2005

You all have been very helpfull i am new an most of the ? i had have already been asked and asnwered thanks guys

stae79
stae79 
Tenant
stae79
In response to Josieg

can anyone tell me where i can find an "i love mommy" cardstock?

Imnew 
New Kid On the Block
  • Imnew on 10-30-07 03:57 PM
In response to Josieg

Hey all!! Im so new to this site! And im also new to scrapbooking but you all seem nice which is good! Well Id love to get some friends and mayb some pointers of how this site works!

Page 5 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics